Let the debate begin!

moorey

call me Mia
'We' certainly have a unique sense of humour....or did until kids watched solely TicToc for content...., and have our own colourful mannerisms and language, but that's a dying trait also.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Its a pretty weird decoration and imagine if a neighbour had had someone suicide from hanging recently - i can see it being a bit upsetting. Not sure I'd call the police though.
Yeah it's weird and kinda crosses the boundaries of appropriate halloween decoration. I'm partial to zombie crap and I don't remember seeing anything like that in any zombie movies / TV shows. Looks much more like something out of Saw or a suicide / homicide.

On the other hand it's clearly hanging in the woman's backyard and you'd need to be looking over the fence to see it sooooo..... ugh.

TL/DR: pretty obvious click bait story that I'd expect from the Herald Sun rather than the ABC (they've attempted to skirt the sensationalism by framing it as a "legal rights" piece).

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Yeah it's weird and kinda crosses the boundaries of appropriate halloween decoration. I'm partial to zombie crap and I don't remember seeing anything like that in any zombie movies / TV shows. Looks much more like something out of Saw or a suicide / homicide.

On the other hand it's clearly hanging in the woman's backyard and you'd need to be looking over the fence to see it sooooo..... ugh.

TL/DR: pretty obvious click bait story that I'd expect from the Herald Sun rather than the ABC (they've attempted to skirt the sensationalism by framing it as a "legal rights" piece).
At least it wasn't hanging in a gibbet at a crossroad. Still, not something I'd enjoy seeing in the next door neighbour's yard.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Yeah, bit of a weird one this... Australians are definitely uptight AF but that "zombie" also looks more like a lynching than anything else... Not something to call the cops over in a back yard but wouldn't look out of place being carried by a bunch of dudes in sheets with a burning cross either... Not as clear cut as "mer political correctness gone mad".

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Geee, you have to appreciate the effort gone into these fake murder scenes regardless of your opinion.

I bet the kids won't come over asking for stuff either :)