Let the debate begin!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Its a pretty weird decoration and imagine if a neighbour had had someone suicide from hanging recently - i can see it being a bit upsetting. Not sure I'd call the police though.
I can't imagine many people dressing themselves up like this before choosing to end their own life by hanging. Could you imagine how difficult that would be? But perhaps there are parts of the world where people are dressed up like before or after being killed.

Also...is it just me or is this a really piss poor effort at noun usage? This is not a zombie!

Flow-Rider

Burner
A bit late to the party, but the music is still playing. ;)
A guy in the Vale got a bit of stick for this, last year.

I drove past this in my tractor, and thought wtf is going on there? Didn't even realise it was Halloween. I don't follow crappy American traditions.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
American tradition? Git tae fuck!

If you're of Scots or Irish descent your ancestors were celebrating Halloween about 500 years before Columbus set sail
I wondered how long until you brought this up. The article I originally linked to was all "American tradition". The and has missed a chance to educate the people.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
Well I'm not going to 'help the Halloween party', as was the Scottish custom, and certainly won't be handing out CANDY to any trick or treaters.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’ve never really cared for Halloween. Whatever. But kids love it. So if you’ve got a 6 year old that’s been locked down for near 2 years are you going to be a @Haakon and tell the kids sorry we don’t do Halloween, No you’re not. So if you aren’t @Haakon and actually have a beating heart or like @rockmoose who hasn’t actually left the house for several months you’re going to go with the flow, carve a pumpkin, order some shit costumes, buy some tooth rot lollies to hand out and go with the flow and have some fun with it.
I could just imagine my kids face if I tried to explain that we couldn’t join her friends trick or treating because it’s supposedly a yank tradition.

Litenbror

Eats Squid
I’ve never really cared for Halloween. Whatever. But kids love it. So if you’ve got a 6 year old that’s been locked down for near 2 years are you going to be a @Haakon and tell the kids sorry we don’t do Halloween, No you’re not. So if you aren’t @Haakon and actually have a beating heart or like @rockmoose who hasn’t actually left the house for several months you’re going to go with the flow, carve a pumpkin, order some shit costumes, buy some tooth rot lollies to hand out and go with the flow and have some fun with it.
I could just imagine my kids face if I tried to explain that we couldn’t join her friends trick or treating because it’s supposedly a yank tradition.
This ^^^ thanks @Jpez it seems that there are a hell of a lot of self absorbed people on here.

This is an evening for KIDS to dress up with their friends and have fun. Did Australians create Christmas? No but we celebrate it don't we, what a pack of Grinches.

I think we have answered @pink poodles question about a nation of Karen's.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Halloween feels like it came from nowhere for me. Never had it as a kid etc and not having kids means Im out of the loop. But, go for it - looks like fun AND it shits the fundies.

but i do wish it was less about the cheap materials and plastics for throwaway costumes and decorations etc. on par with christmas for all the waste for a single event

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Halloween was a blast when I was a kid. Literally. The proximity of Guy Fawkes night also meant that fireworks were always close at hand for the naughty kids!

To be honest, I've never understood the hostility to it in Australia given it's part of the cultural background for a hefty proportion of Australians of a European descent.

Also the basis of the hostility because it's an 'American' tradition is equally as baffling given the following:

The widespread love of big US pick-up trucks, Chevy badges on Holden Commodores, ad breaks every 10 minutes during TV shows and in the middle of play during sports, Giving your sports teams daft names like the Frankston Ferrets, Bonniedoon Berzererkers and St Pauls Rock Spiders, Suburban street design that's bereft of pavements, cuttings and anything conducive to walking, The recent trend of calling the indigenous population 'First Nations' People', Qanon cunts, Calling crisps 'chips', Basketball, Kindergarten, Freeways and Keith Urban.