Lets talk Gloves.

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Gotta say, I bought some Hanshe's a little while ago, and I've fallen in love with them! Well worth the $

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Like shoes and helmets - hard to recommend brands as theyre all a little different in fit and everyones hands will differ a bit. Find the ones that fit and go with that..

Fox I find comfortable (and bling free), but they do wear out quickly...

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
The best gloves are no gloves.

The second best gloves are the ones you don't notice you're wearing. I have a pair of these (in all black not wtf highlighter blue) that are great when it's cold/wet/I'm riding somewhere a bit rougher that I've not been before.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
The best gloves are no gloves.

The second best gloves are the ones you don't notice you're wearing. I have a pair of these (in all black not wtf highlighter blue) that are great when it's cold/wet/I'm riding somewhere a bit rougher that I've not been before.
I agree, unless it's sweaty out. I live in Qld.

I love the thin single skin gloves with no padding. Been riding whatever the specialized ones are for a few years now and they fit (me) well and are the closest to 'not there' that I've tried. Not super durable to crashes though.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Gotta say, I bought some Hanshe's a little while ago, and I've fallen in love with them! Well worth the $
Alright, I'll bite, what's a Hanshe? I'm assuming you're not riding around with one of these on each fist: https://www.lightinthebox.com/en/p/...-fresh-chain-blue-crossbody-bag_p1349958.html

My current gloves are Fox Rangers & FIST something's I got in Derby. The Rangers are durable & comfy but a bit on the small side. I imagine a size up would be fine. They grip well, although tend to get a bit soggy on the hot Qld days which can be a bit uncomfortable on the longer rides. They've held up a long time, haven't faded or developed holes in annoying places like finger tips on some of the TLD one's I used to have.

The FIST ones haven't had as much of a workout but are very comfy. I suspect nowhere near as durable as they're quite thin, but I do enjoy wearing them so far. Time will tell.

Buying again I'd probably go the Fox Rangers, but size up from what the chart says. I've tried lighter / airier gloves but they always either seem way to flimsy or have some material that snags on the velcro and goes all fluffy, both quite annoying. I'd rather have slightly heavier gloves that last & grip the whole time, which the Fox Ranger's satisfy. I've crashed in them before and it did ruin the glove, tearing the palm, but my palm was fine (if a little bruised). I count that as success.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
I love the thin single skin gloves with no padding. Been riding whatever the specialized ones are for a few years now and they fit (me) well and are the closest to 'not there' that I've tried. Not super durable to crashes though.
Same here. I have bene using Troy Lee Airs for some time now. I just grab them more often that other gloves. I just don't see the need for chunkier gloves but don't ride around razor sharp cliffs too much either.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
I find Endura full montys are a good glove. a bit of gel padding on the palm, but not hing excessive, and a vent hole on the palm and mesh on the sides of the fingers. if I want more protection I reach for TLD radius gloves. Might try fox bomber. I tried the large on a while back, they fit nice and snug, with good hard armour on the knuckles and protection on all fingers.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
I've been getting on with the Ground Effect High Fives for quite a few years. Can certainly recommend them for people with normally proportioned hands.

Still haven't found a decent MTB glove for frosty winter mornings - even the Fox Polarpaw gloves can't prevent numb fingers.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I've been getting on with the Ground Effect High Fives for quite a few years. Can certainly recommend them for people with normally proportioned hands.

Still haven't found a decent MTB glove for frosty winter mornings - even the Fox Polarpaw gloves can't prevent numb fingers.

I've said it before...snow gloves. Pipe or spring loves to be specific. Way less bulk than typical snow gloves. Pipe gloves have lots of grip on then. Lots of warm.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Here's a few examples of what I mean:

https://www.absolute-snow.co.uk/V/Oakley_Factory_Park_SkiSnowboard_Glove_XL_Dark_Blue-(224388) (I have the full on blizzard version of these and they keep me happy and warm)

I eventually figured out what you were trying to tell me! Saw them online locally earlier this evening for under 50 bucks...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I eventually figured out what you were trying to tell me! Saw them online locally earlier this evening for under 50 bucks...
I'm rocking a pair of old model John Henry gloves by flylow most winter mornings on the way to work. They are/were an all leather uninsulated glove hey suit my locality well. You southerners might benefit from a different style. On a couple of very cold nights I've used an older depths of winter glove by flylow that looks like a riggers glove. Can't remember the model but they had served me very well down to minus 10 ambient without any issue.