Level TL vs Deore on XT callipers

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
My lovely lady, due to her aggressive riding nature, has "taco d" her right XT M8000 brake lever. The left lever has been replaced for the same reason, on a trip away, with what I though was Deore at the time but I actually think is a cheaper model now.
Soooooo, I can get a set of Sram TL brakes for about the same price as replacing both the levers with Deore (as I can't seem to find any XT or SLX levers in stock anywhere) and keeping the XT calipers. I have no experience with TL brakes and would like to cop some thoughts from people who have and which way is the best to go.

moorey

call me Mia
I say no. Aside from connection issues, which I doubt would work, unless things have changed, one uses dot Fluid, the other uses mineral oil.

DMan

I say no. Aside from connection issues, which I doubt would work, unless things have changed, one uses dot Fluid, the other uses mineral oil.
No, my bad Moorey. I mean't full change to a TL level brakeset I've seen or just change both current levers to Deore M6000 levers and run them on the current XTM8000 callipers that are installed.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
There was a similar thread a week or two ago... Levels are rubbish, like braking with blocks of wood. MT500 (non-series) and M6000 Deore are essentially the same levers, and share the same basic design as M7000/8000 but differ in details.

DMan

There was a similar thread a week or two ago... Levels are rubbish, like braking with blocks of wood. MT500 (non-series) and M6000 Deore are essentially the same levers, and share the same basic design as M7000/8000 but differ in details.
Done. Deore levers on XT callipers it is. It'll also save me cutting the cables as it's all internally routed too

moorey

call me Mia
No, my bad Moorey. I mean't full change to a TL level brakeset I've seen or just change both current levers to Deore M6000 levers and run them on the current XTM8000 callipers that are installed.
No, my bad. Misread title, then skimmed body. :oops:

MarioM

Likes Dirt
I have level TLM and they are nice , great lever feel / modulation and stop as good as my guides . But then all my avid / sram brakes are nice .