Life Sentence

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
G'day to all you Farkers. I've joined up and thought I'd do the right thing by saying a little about myself.
I'm a lifer, there's no doubt about it. I got my first bike, a fire engine red Malvern Star Hi Riser, thirty years ago and have ridden ever since. No wonder I'm tired! (I suffer from the illusion I'm funny.)
I graduated to a roadie in 1982 and started to learn the craft of maintenance and assembly, I still build up my own bikes to satisfy my needs.
I bought my first mountain bike in 1990 and never looked back.
A stint in Sydney in the mid 90's as a courier had my girl and I living and riding in the mighty 'Berg.
After a diversion to South Australia we found ourselves in North East Victoria raising kids. Those little fiends eat up ride time like you wouldn't believe.
I like to ride my single speed most of all of my bikes but I do have a few gearies for solo 12+ hour races or what the industry has christened "All Mountain", when I started riding we called it Mountain Biking. I'm constantly amused by the need of the industry to come up with new words and catergories to define our passion. I guess it allows them to sell more bikes. Don't get me wrong, I like having a bike for all occasions, I have as many bikes as possible without filing for divorce. I just feel it is often nothing more than a cynical branding exercise.
I like to ride, whether it be in lycra for a short loop or a long day in the saddle; whether it's on the hilly roads near home grinding out kilometres with punk sounds in my ears or a fully armoured assault on a tricky downhill track, I'm happiest in the saddle.

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Welcome to Farkin mate. Sounds like you have quite the cycling history.

I'm sure there'll be many more years of riding to come, too, so don't worry about branding and media hype. As long as you keep enjoying what you're doing, all will be well.

Enjoy your stay. :)

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
Thanks for your warm welcome Tristan23. If you reread my post you will see I am in fact amused not alarmed. Where abouts in lovely Sinney do you head out for your riding?