Lighter Trail/AM-ish bikes for tall blokes: Reach and TT comparisons

hilo

Likes Bikes
Just to throw another option at you.....

Norco take their sizing & geometry very seriously... they claim to make each size frame grow or shrink to the appropiate body size with more detail than other brands.

If I was looking for a new bike right now the 29er Sight would be very high on my list for reasons I just mentioned (because I,m 6'3" with particularly long arms)

For you, I think the Optic 29er XL might be good? They offer "reach and stack plus" options too...(?)

....and because they are not direct-to-punter, you might be able to do test ride to see how it fits..?
I'll take a look. Thanks for the advice. As a transplanted Canadian, I have a soft sport for Norco and Rocky Mountain . . . .

Jpez

Down on the left!
Just to throw another option at you.....

Norco take their sizing & geometry very seriously... they claim to make each size frame grow or shrink to the appropiate body size with more detail than other brands.

If I was looking for a new bike right now the 29er Sight would be very high on my list for reasons I just mentioned (because I,m 6'3" with particularly long arms)

For you, I think the Optic 29er XL might be good? They offer "reach and stack plus" options too...(?)

....and because they are not direct-to-punter, you might be able to do test ride to see how it fits..?

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
The Sight was right up there on my shortlist when I was looking for a bike recently. And the 2018 gets killer reviews on Bible of bikes. Definitely worth a look.

Z

Zaf

The Sight was right up there on my shortlist when I was looking for a bike recently. And the 2018 gets killer reviews on Bible of bikes. Definitely worth a look.
Come on man, don't be like that!!! More people should be riding GG's and you know it!!
Further, we all know Bible has been shit since Seb Kemp left the panel and they've had no chemistry or original thoughts since then.

Z

Zaf

I am partial to the GG at the moment. Trail Pistol.
I'd be partial to it as well. I was gonna go a GG Smash for my long travel rig, and it was only JUST edged out by a Raaw Madonna on account of a pre-order deal (which I'd recommend if you wanted a longer travel rig).

hilo

Likes Bikes
I'd be partial to it as well. I was gonna go a GG Smash for my long travel rig, and it was only JUST edged out by a Raaw Madonna on account of a pre-order deal (which I'd recommend if you wanted a longer travel rig).
I'm becoming an old geezer and still new to MTB (relatively). I'll get my skills and fitness up first before I go any longer. It is tempting. The Pedalhead looks quite fun tbh.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Come on man, don't be like that!!! More people should be riding GG's and you know it!!
Further, we all know Bible has been shit since Seb Kemp left the panel and they've had no chemistry or original thoughts since then.
Yeah it’s certainly lost a certain something that’s for sure. In saying that the ‘18 Sight still looks like a killer bike. Maybe a bit bland compared to other offerings but still a nice bike.
But Zafs right OP. just get a Trail Pistol and be done with it!

Reactions: Zaf

Jpez

Down on the left!
Hilo if you want to check out some Guerrilla Gravity there is a very active forum over on MTBR and there’s a GG riders page on FB with heaps of people posting up their rides.
Endless stoke in both pages.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Yee Haa!
How does it ride??

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
There is a decal on the top tube of GG bikes that says “I like goin’ fast!” It’s a rocket ship. Poppy and playful, pedals and climbs extremely well.
Does everything I ask and more and most importantly provides me with more sore face grins and whoops than is healthy. And makes other bikes on the trail feel self conscious!