LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

Shinigami

Likes Dirt
Well, it aint pretty but it works, just like nature intended.

View attachment 336202

Both bolts were too long and needed to be packed out. It will do the trick for the Mont 24hr in a couple of weeks and after that I might try and find a tidier setup...., maybe.
Johnny, what sort of mount is that?

i recently got a set of nitelights and i like them i just dont like the mounting solution for my helmet and was looking around for options.

oliosky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll be interested to hear how you liked that on the back of your helmet. Did it keep tipping your helmet back?
Got out for 2 night rides this week. The case and helmet setup is really good. No issues with tipping helmets etc. I think that the Bell Super sitting pretty low anyway probably helps with the stability though.

About a 1.5 hr run time out of some pretty mediocre yum cha no name 18650 cells which was pleasantly surprising.

Nice not having to run long wires and wear a pack.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Got out for 2 night rides this week. The case and helmet setup is really good. No issues with tipping helmets etc. I think that the Bell Super sitting pretty low anyway probably helps with the stability though.

About a 1.5 hr run time out of some pretty mediocre yum cha no name 18650 cells which was pleasantly surprising.

Nice not having to run long wires and wear a pack.
I hear you there.

richie_gt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whilst this might not be completely relevant to the thread my Aldi bike light set which I used for commuting started playing up.

I found the receipt and I was just outside the 12 month warranty, quick email to Aldi and I had another set shipped out to me no dramas. I rate the front light as it's pretty bright but the new rear light is a step up from the old one...I'll def try but another set as a spare when the come on sale again!

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
The batteries are the weak link .
LEDs are cheap and reliable still using Cateyes from 12 years ago but with a new external battery pack also from a UK model car company last 3 yrs .