Lit Pro for DH

Go

Likes Dirt
All the top moto guys are using it.
It would be very helpful for DH racing. Is it not allowed by UCI or does the GPS not work very well in the woods?. It could be that it only works in the U.S.A because I doubt the MTB community has overlooked it.

Anyone know why it's not used?

links if you don't know what it is http://litprolive.com

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
All the top moto guys are using it.
It would be very helpful for DH racing. Is it not allowed by UCI or does the GPS not work very well in the woods?. It could be that it only works in the U.S.A because I doubt the MTB community has overlooked it.

Anyone know why it's not used?

links if you don't know what it is http://litprolive.com
We have a couple of different systems in the labs at work, no idea of brands. Should work ok in the trees, ours have been used for CFA / DSE type work more than once to measure a variety of activity parameters, in trees and remote areas.

I imagine the cost and expertise involved in the better systems is too much for many, in regards to the pro's, they may very well be wearing and using GPS system, you'll just never know, it's not something that is advertised as as to keep a competitive and training edge.

Go

Likes Dirt
Yeah, it's about $600 U.S. per year for the subscription which makes it dear for the weekend warrior. I was thinking more about the pros. Would be cool to see line choice/speed difference between riders but I suppose s DH races are won or lost by puffteenths of a second any edge over the competition can help. You wouldn't want to give up your sneaky lines in a time trial based sport

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I realise its a little different but free software called racechrono may be of interest. Doesnt have as much marketing but motorsport club racers use it. You need a high speed gps receiver, eg qstarz, and a Bluetooth phone to run the app. Total cost $100 assuming you use existing phone. You can set a point to point, lap, segments, track width etc. Its just data and how it is interpreted. Can overlay against gopro vid etc. looking at the segment you can easily see what's the braking/accel like, even whsts your optimum lap ie using all ur best segments whsts thw hypothetical best time, but after a while it becomes too rudimentary to make informed decisions from. You need telemetry and other data inputs to build a picture. Lit thing might do that, but i didnt catch it.

Last edited:

teK--

Eats Squid
Garmin take note. If they had something the size of an edge 25 that did power meter, 5hz GPS and more storage space it would be the ultimate training tool.

ktm83

Likes Bikes
I have one it works anywhere in the world and i have never had gps signal problems in the woods

Go

Likes Dirt
Do you use it for moto, mtb or both? Pros and cons?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk