Liteville Uber Alles

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
And my creation is finally complete!!!

Frame - Liteville 301 mk14 XXL 160mm 29er
Rear shock - RS Deluxe -> DVO Topaz 2 -> Fox DPX2
Front shock/fork - RS Lyrik 180mm, SD Components lsc/hsc charger upgrade, C1 airspring.
Handlebars - Spank Spike Vibrocore 780mm
Stem - Thomson X4 40mm
Headset - Syntace -1.5°
Grips - Syntace
Saddle - Selle SMP Hybrid
Seatpost - PNW Bachelor 34.9 150mm
Front brake - Formula Cura 4
Rear brake - Formula Cura 4
Cranks - RF Turbine 175mm boost 32/22
Chainguide - Syntace
Chain - KMC
Pedals - Time MX4
Front derailleur - Shimano XT
Rear derailleur - Shimano XT
Front shifter - Shimano XTR
Rear shifter - Shimano XTR
Cassette - Shimano XT 11-40
Front hub - I9 Torch boost
Rear hub - I9 Torch boost
Front rim - Nextie asymmetric enduro
Rear rim - Nextie asymmetric enduro
Spokes - Sapim race
Nipples - Sapim polyax
Tyres - Onza Ibex/Maxxis Aggressor
Tubelesss - Rimpact inserts
Total weight - ~14kgs

It's not quite completed yet but I can confidently say two things about it.
  1. Its even more over-engineered then the mk13.
  2. The internal cable routing is neat but a royal pain in the ass. This has added half a day to the build, even with an internal routing tool.

Given that I've gone up a size and I'm running the -1.5° headset, its definitely had a bit of the Grim Donut treatment. I'm also running a 40mm stem to compensate for the increased reach compared to my mk13 XL which has a 70mm stem and narrower 760mm bars.

It will be interesting to compare it to the Pole which has slightly less travel but is a heavier, slacker and longer bike.

I'm also looking forward to trying the Cura 4s and comparing to the Frankenbrake 6 pots on the Pole.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Big fan of these and love the component mix you’re running. But I’m with @hifiandmtb - WTF is up with the sliding chain retention device?

Oddjob

Big fan of these and love the component mix you’re running. But I’m with @hifiandmtb - WTF is up with the sliding chain retention device?
It saves unsprung weight and gives me a wider gear ratio to get my fat ass up the hills. Don't drink the SRAM kool-aid.

safreek

Staying in Smaug's lair.

They're set up differently. The mk13 is set at 140mm with 27.5 wheels, so its more of a AM bike than monster truck.

What's the green bike with the dorados, they set off all bikes.
Sooo, unit 23 for cheap dorados eh ;)

Oddjob

Finally completed putting her together, phew! I reckon that took 3 full days thanks to having to screw around with internal routing and resetting the angle headset.

I've updated the pictures in the original post. It's a ridiculously well proportioned bike for a 29er with 180/160mm of squish.

It's also ridiculously light. I haven't weighed it yet but It's going to be low 14kgs.

Oddjob

The bike envy is real. Just so everyone knows, of all oddjob’s bikes, this one is now my favourite. :D
I think it might be my favourite too. Had a pretty tame outing today but it still made me feel like a hero. It's got oodles of grip, was super poppy and encouraged boosting off every little bump.

It's re-lit my riding fire and made me want to push through my fat slovenly rut.

PS The Cura 4s are epic but I might have gone a bit too weight weenie on the rotors. I've inadvertently given my brakes and abs-like pulse under hard braking.