Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You never found the one that was stolen?

But on topic, yep - I hate that one too. I had a couple of big stones fling up hard recently, the noise was loud enough I had to pull over and check to make sure the carbon didn't have a hole punched through it.
Stolen pivot never materialised. I was sure I'd see some local low life running drugs on it, but no. Rode new bike to Beaumont for brunch and it was getting way to much attention. "Maaaaaayyyyyyyyttte...ththththtththttaaaaaaats a sick pushhhhhhey brahhhhhhh..."

Stolen pivot never materialised. I was sure I'd see some local low life running drugs on it, but no. Rode new bike to Beaumont for brunch and it was getting way to much attention. "Maaaaaayyyyyyyyttte...ththththtththttaaaaaaats a sick pushhhhhhey brahhhhhhh..."
Did you get a slice of cantaloupe at the end ?

When it comes down to brass tacks I'm really more of a liner person.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You're absolutely on your own with those Beaumont experiences. Do you live at the Station Hotel or something?

When I was living in Newcastle (gf lived 100m from Beaumont St) I've left bikes unlocked and leaning on the wall outside Fortunate Son, and not only have I never had them stolen, I've never even had a pleb try and talk to me about it.

It is a real shame about the Pivot though mate, gutted to hear.

Edit: I used to see nice looking fixie-commuter types unlocked outside Blind Monk too, does that not still go on?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
You're absolutely on your own with those Beaumont experiences. Do you live at the Station Hotel or something?

When I was living in Newcastle (gf lived 100m from Beaumont St) I've left bikes unlocked and leaning on the wall outside Fortunate Son, and not only have I never had them stolen, I've never even had a pleb try and talk to me about it.

It is a real shame about the Pivot though mate, gutted to hear.

Edit: I used to see nice looking fixie-commuter types unlocked outside Blind Monk too, does that not still go on?
I'm pretty sure most gassers aren't silly enough to pinch a fixie. I just seem to be a scumbag magnet. Had 2 fucktards blah blah blah at me while I was trying to buy groceries at aldi this morning. Made me pretty nervous while I was inside!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
LTIH - Sydney Airport. I mean seriously, what the fuck?! What a pathetic pile of shit, ducking nigtmare of a place.

I've been through some shitty, badly run, worse maintained, confusing and shabby airports before, but this takes the cake...

schred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LTIH - Sydney Airport. I mean seriously, what the fuck?! What a pathetic pile of shit, ducking nigtmare of a place.

I've been through some shitty, badly run, worse maintained, confusing and shabby airports before, but this takes the cake...
I take it you tried entering the lounge wearing pluggas and were informed of their new policy.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

You're not alone! It is just shit. Constantly in a state of (dis)repair, filthy, terrible food and beverages, and device? Nowhere to be seen. And I hate having to pay for those luggage trolleys.

link1896

Mr Greenfield

Uh un come to Melbourne Airport. Sydney's is down right modern in comparison.

will2

Likes Dirt

Domestic? International?
Food is far better now, I reckon it's good. Sushi and MadMex. If i am in the Virgin terminal I just launch the Boost Mango Magic!
I only ever go the Qantas, but it all seems pretty tame, albeit tame for an airport, air travel brings the worst out in everyone. Hot tip, if you need a quiet spot either go down to gate 1 or 2 right down the end where Qantas Link desk is, or when you come out of security go down the stairs before Hungry Jacks and past the Qantas crew room to gate 18(??) I think, anyway you go through a little corridor. It's where the Toowoomba flight departs, and hence full of dopey oldies which the whole air travel experience is too much for, nice and peaceful. Not so good when you are flying with your bike to Tbar and you watch in pain as your bike is thrown into the back of the Dash 8.

Hamsta

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Toilets in the foyers of modern office towers that are designed with no fucks given regarding acoustics and cause a fart in a cubicle to resonate for about 45 seconds.

At the very least have some 'elevator muzac' playing to soften the blow.

Last edited:

Haakon

Keeps on digging
It's the two airports business, ransfer buses and general lack of any signage to let you know how the fuck to do it and where to go...

We simply got a bus from Canberra which dumps us at international and had to get to domestic to fly to cairns. And reverse procedure on way back, but of course bus drop off areas are differen to pick up...

Melbourne is a doddle to figure out, it's all in one place for a start!!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It's the two airports business, ransfer buses and general lack of any signage to let you know how the fuck to do it and where to go...

We simply got a bus from Canberra which dumps us at international and had to get to domestic to fly to cairns. And reverse procedure on way back, but of course bus drop off areas are differen to pick up...

Melbourne is a doddle to figure out, it's all in one place for a start!!
Transfer buses...like the free shuttle from domestic to international terminal? Well the sign says free, the driver says ticket. But he can't sell you one, you have to walk to a machine that only accepts cards. Just another of those little things done so poorly.

will2

Likes Dirt
While we are on the Sydney airport hate band wagon.

I hate how Macquarie bank owns the train station and stitches you up about it. 18 big ones. Started going to Mascot and taking the 20 minute walk, for all of $3.40 from Circular Quay. Bloody inelastic demand.

Skydome

What's invisible and smells like hay?
Toilets in the foyers of modern office towers that are designed with no fucks given regarding acoustics and cause a fart in a cubicle to resonate for about 45 seconds.

At the very least have some 'elevator muzac' playing to soften the blow.

I like the sound of the.

Have all the log drops occupied and feed them a big indian dinner the night before than give them some strong laxatives and conduct a cubicle fart/shit orchestra.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
While we are on the Sydney airport hate band wagon.

I hate how Macquarie bank owns the train station and stitches you up about it. 18 big ones. Started going to Mascot and taking the 20 minute walk, for all of $3.40 from Circular Quay. Bloody inelastic demand.
I was collecting a friend a few months back. Brain turned off and I jumped out at the wrong terminal...realised as soon as I had tapped off. Oddly was unable to reverse tapoff and resume journey.

will2

Likes Dirt
I was collecting a friend a few months back. Brain turned off and I jumped out at the wrong terminal...realised as soon as I had tapped off. Oddly was unable to reverse tapoff and resume journey.
Then you didn't have enough fair to get another train? Good old Murphy's law.
Haven't yet got an Opal card. I don't really use transport bar the bus, and I have a travel 10 where the last trip doesn't work and can get on for free. Have been using it for over a year now. Must have saved in the realm of $300+

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Haven't yet got an Opal card. I don't really use transport bar the bus, and I have a travel 10 where the last trip doesn't work and can get on for free. Have been using it for over a year now. Must have saved in the realm of $300+
The magic ticket! EBay the fucker...you'll be rich!

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Nice!

I found a public phone in Germany like that once - made a local call, and it gave me back my 50 pfennig at the end. Made another call, same thing.

Then spent 3 hours on the phone to friends back in Australia :)

LTIH = being on the phone waiting for centrelink for 30 mins and having them answer just as i stuff my face with some chocolate coated red liquorice.

Its for my Auntie who happens to be a nun, so right now all my bad thoughts are being channelled direct to the Man.