Little Things You Hate

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Wow... I get 5mbs on a good day via crappy old copper lines and adsl. No nbn anywhere near me in an inner suburb of what is allegedly the capital city.
I have to move to hfc nbn soon. I hear it is getting so congested that I'm tempted to go with a 12Mbps or 25Mbps at the most since I'll bet the RSP won't be able to fill it up anyhow.

----------
Sent with added typos from a tiny mobile keyboard and spellchecker that makes a mess of everything.

stirk

Burner
Where is the racism there?

Where did some one generalise a negative attribute to a whole race/identity regardless of individual variance? In your story I see nothing that refers to a race or national identity, just some one laying blame that may or may not be deserved. If you're talking about the term Jap, that's not racism, most people that schooled through 1990 onward have little to no knowledge of WW2 or that calling some one a Jap is any different than Aussie, Brit, Afro, Turk or any other abbreviated term for a countr/nationalism.

Casual racism exists but I don't think what you've cited there is an example of it.

First post not even about bikes, consarn it.

download (1).jpg

Grow up grandpa.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well I'm back home...the holiday dream is over (only had 24 days on snow, only 4 of those weren't epic powder days) for another year. Once again I'm reminded of how shit Sydney airport is, though it was much faster through customs this time round. I suspect that was to do with the rather small crowd and fairly lazy approach of staff.

Anyway resuming normal routine is something I'm not looking forward to!

Holy crap! No explanation, no consideration, just casual abuse.

It seems your position is that you're not willing to discuss anything contrary to your opinion and anyone who thinks otherwise is below you.

Are you sure you're in a position to judge others for how they think and act?

Problem with that is, is that I am not white. Maybe you'd like to consider your own casual racism here.

For me there has to be intent. The problem I have with seeing the word Jap as racist is that before WW2 the Japanese were considered friends of this country in terms of investment, intermarriage and they were allied with Great Britain in WW1 (even if it was with the aim of taking over German territories in the Pacific, which they did, which led to the Japanese invasion of China, etc.). Back then the term Jap was used and it was no considered derogatory.

Then we had the second world war and of course relations soured as badly as they possibly could and when people used the term Jap it was referring to an enemy. Over time the word Jap became associated with anger at the Japanese and rarely in Australia did anyone have anything positive to say so Jap evolved into a term of derision simply by association with anger at the Japanese for WW2.

Now, 70 odd years later younger generations have little to no knowledge of WW2 and the anger at the Japanese does not pass through to people 20 and under. That's not to say that these people won't be racist for any particular reason but the baggage that the term Jap picked up in the 1930/40s rarely rarely exists for younger generations today.

However, people like you, my indignant and internet-outraged Poodle, are now allowing the racists to decide what language we are allowed to use. People may have no ill intent at all when they use the term Turk (oh yes, remember WW1 when Turk was considered nasty? Are you even aware of that and do you get angry when people 4 generations later use the term Turk? I'd wager not), Aussie, Brit, Indo, Jap, etc. but you want to push the ill intent of others onto them regardless of how they intend to use it or how the other person receives it. You allow the racist people of the world to define our language, you empower them by maintaining their actions across generations.

It's like your little crusade - your internet crusade. Did you do anything about it when you had that experience? Were you as rude to him as you were to me last night? Or do you just reserve that kind of behaviour when you don't have to be accountable for your actions? I'd hazard a guess that you don't know how many Japanese people think of the word Jap. I'd guess that you don't know the history of they way Jap was used or the history of Aust/Japanese relations prior to WW2. I'd wager that you're just another new-aged and outraged internet warrior who's courage does not transfer to real-life convictions.

So thanks for the condescension and dismissal from a safe distance and thanks for not being able to explain the way you feel and have a decent discussion about important issues. I look forward to not reading your next hypercritical and flippant remark.
Wow...ignorance is bliss hey? You must be pretty connected and in touch with the word on the street and how those young hip cats of today are swinging...is it cool to call Pacific Islanders "fobs" again? Cause you know...they haven't come on boats for years. Or Aboriginals "abos"? I mean it's such a long word...ever heard of Mustafa Atatürk? It may be a key to that "Turk" business.

Little things I hate? The name "Aussie". Can't stand it. It just smacks of bogan cringe.

Anyway back business as usual and being the internet warrior I'll crusade on with a go fuck yourself with a cactus.

stirk

Burner
What the hell is with the whole florist profession and flowers. People buy a part of a plant which can't be eaten, stick it in a vase, wait till the flower rots and the vase water stinks then throw it out.

What a waste of resources, I hate flowers chopped off plants, let them live as they do in nature!

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
My Valentine! :love:
Get a room, hurry up though. Valentines is almost done. I'll supply the red light globes and soundtrack.
Here you go, free of charge too.

[video=youtube;8c_STKjrN_g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8c_STKjrN_g[/video]

Be respectful and turn your backs everyone...........

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
Maybe this is just me, but people who have to comment when you're making lunch in the office kitchen.

I'll often make myself a bread roll for lunch - the supermarket over the road from the office sells awesome, fresh wholemeal rolls - they're like a 1/4 baguette, super crusty...delicious!

I keep a stock of stuff in the fridge to make them up - cheese, tomatoes, some type of sandwich meat, dill pickles, mustard, mayo, chilli jam...who said work lunch had to be boring? Takes me 5 minutes to make up a roll. Fuck me though if in that 5 minutes, I don't get 2 or 3 people putting their 2 cents worth in. 'Looks good, where's mine?' 'You should go into business and sell those!' 'You should go on Masterchef!' The worst part about it is it'll be the same people, rehashing the same shit they said to me last time.

Here's a hint. The supermarket over the road sells everything I've got here, and you too could go over there and buy everything you need to make your own roll, complete with your favourite ingredients! But no, you're in here reheating slop you bought in from home. Don't make a big deal over my ability to layer stuff on a bread roll, and I won't make a big deal over your inability to do anything apart from dial in 3 minutes on the microwave. Deal?

Ahh, that feels better.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Here's a hint. The supermarket over the road sells everything I've got here, and you too could go over there and buy everything you need to make your own roll, complete with your favourite ingredients!
They are going to eat your lunch or stealthily borrow ingredients as soon as you lose sight of the fridge.
Write 'I licked all of my food and have herpes' on your lunchbag as insurance, y'hear...........

nakedape

Likes Dirt
Maybe this is just me, but people who have to comment when you're making lunch in the office kitchen.

I'll often make myself a bread roll for lunch - the supermarket over the road from the office sells awesome, fresh wholemeal rolls - they're like a 1/4 baguette, super crusty...delicious!

I keep a stock of stuff in the fridge to make them up - cheese, tomatoes, some type of sandwich meat, dill pickles, mustard, mayo, chilli jam...who said work lunch had to be boring? Takes me 5 minutes to make up a roll. Fuck me though if in that 5 minutes, I don't get 2 or 3 people putting their 2 cents worth in. 'Looks good, where's mine?' 'You should go into business and sell those!' 'You should go on Masterchef!' The worst part about it is it'll be the same people, rehashing the same shit they said to me last time.

Here's a hint. The supermarket over the road sells everything I've got here, and you too could go over there and buy everything you need to make your own roll, complete with your favourite ingredients! But no, you're in here reheating slop you bought in from home. Don't make a big deal over my ability to layer stuff on a bread roll, and I won't make a big deal over your inability to do anything apart from dial in 3 minutes on the microwave. Deal?

Ahh, that feels better.
That's a great sounding sandwich you've got there - where's mine?

Sent from two tin cans joined by string

thatsnotme

Likes Dirt
They are going to eat your lunch or stealthily borrow ingredients as soon as you lose sight of the fridge.
Write 'I licked all of my food and have herpes' on your lunchbag as insurance, y'hear...........
Nah - they're too lazy and useless to actually make something themselves, even with someone else's stuff!

That's a great sounding sandwich you've got there - where's mine?
:clap2:

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
Get a room, hurry up though. Valentines is almost done. I'll supply the red light globes and soundtrack.
Here you go, free of charge too.

Be respectful and turn your backs everyone...........
He's not shown up yet and there's only 45 minutes of valentines' left.

Plenty of time.