Little Things You Hate

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Don't get me started on the bizarre rules around the public service for the sake of appearances.

So Christmas parties are banned but not if you work for consultants contracted to the government.

Want an extra resource that will help bring in squillions in revenue? Sorry you can't because we don't have a programme budget...

Or you will have to wait 6 months while we dick people around with useless selection panels and offer them a lot less than they would get in the private sector.

In saying that there is a lot of dead wood in line agencies. Education I'm looking at you.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Calling my cousin who lives a 4 hour drive from my meetings and saying "hi, I'm in Germany but dont have time to visit...". And spent the first day of meetings quietly spinning with jet lag. And then hearing about our Minister who took his wife on a 2 week holiday after a meeting in europe. Grrr.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I think you guys are missing the point that I will get wet shoes on my weekend and everything is ruined.

scblack

Leucocholic
LTIH - working for the public service where any personal time at all on a work trip (and I mean even an extra day before the meetings in Europe to get over the jet lag so you are actually productive...) is strictly banned.

Unless you're a politician of course...
Poor guy. My employer has allowed the following:
  • Extra days added to foreign travel.
  • Extra hotel room days paid for on those trips.
  • Domestic flights on those extra days paid for.
  • Meals on those extra days paid for.
I'm pretty damn lucky.

Haakon

I'm pretty damn lucky.
Its just common sense. If you go a few days early, you're not completely off your head with jetlag and can actually be properly productive.

The public service prefers to ensure the "optics" of no perks being taken are addressed and let us try to push through the first couple of days in a fog of fatigue...

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm pretty damn lucky.
My Mrs spends a lot of time on planes for work. You have a very sweet deal indeed there

Flow-Rider

Burner
I've spent 10 years of my life flying and being put up in anywhere from holiday resorts to ant infested caravan parks. Money was great but very little to no bike time, social life was non existent and relationships suffered a lot also. I felt really bad for a lot of my work colleges as some of them arrived home to an empty house where their partners had just got up and left. Not sure if I'd be able to live that lifestyle again, it was a good experience but nothing will beat being able to get in a car for 10~20mins and hit the local trials where you know a lot of people.

slowmick

38-39"
People who leave egg cartons and butchers paper on BBQs in the local national park. There is a sign 10 feet way that says take you rubbish home with you.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
^ People who litter in general are just lazy cunts. I had burgers under the harbour bridge this evening. Shit everywhere from people who couldn't be fucked to walk the 20m to the bin.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Calling my cousin who lives a 4 hour drive from my meetings and saying "hi, I'm in Germany but dont have time to visit...". And spent the first day of meetings quietly spinning with jet lag. And then hearing about our Minister who took his wife on a 2 week holiday after a meeting in europe. Grrr.
How does a comment like this fit in with the current social media guidelines?

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I'm pretty damn lucky.
On top of that, mine will give monetary credit towards a flight to the equivalent value of a direct flight back home.

So say you're in Dubai. A Dubai to Melb flight is $999. You're finished in Dubai, two weeks annual leave has been granted. You're paid $999 AUD to do what ever you want, be back at work in three Mondays time.

Haakon

How does a comment like this fit in with the current social media guidelines?
Poorly I’d say. Meh. Although it’s a criticism of bipartisan administrative arrangements that apply to all departments so it’s probably ok... Either it’s very counter productive - if we are travelling so far jet lag is a thing, it would surely be sensible to let us recover a bit and make sure we are able to be as productive as possible. I don’t think the average voter would think an extra day is a perk...

I’d rather fly economy and have some days, jet lag really messes me around. Would cost the taxpayer a lot less...

Last edited: