Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
The confession comes when I mention that my old bike had a slightly cut starnut in the steertube for its whole life as well. Is that really worthy without cutting my finger off and shitting my pants while cutting the steertube?
You just keep on giving.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Riding a (slow...) lap of Stromlo and meeting a bloke with the exact same Trance I have. And later that day as part of another conversation having my partner ask "but don't you have generic bikes?"

Sigh. Time to buy a Hope HB160.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Riding a (slow...) lap of Stromlo and meeting a bloke with the exact same Trance I have. And later that day as part of another conversation having my partner ask "but don't you have generic bikes?"

Sigh. Time to buy a Hope HB160.
The Trance is the bike equivalent of the SS Commodore.
(I ride one too)

Down here in Tas I see another Trance/Anthem/Reign EVERY time I go for a ride.

Extremely versatile bike mind you.

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
MTD's bait and switch marketing tactics.

Email sent at 8am today with Enve wheels with huge discounts lands you on their website.

Enve M70 Thirty HV carbon wheelsets from $1599.

8:05am, sold out. Seen this all the time. It's classic bait and switch, they were never available, especially when it's a pre order.

Time to report them.
Errr, the email says it's a presale and the web listing says it's a pre order. Thats not baiting anyone with misleading info.

"This is a presale event - buy now to secure your new wheels, which will ship by 27 April. Believe us, it's worth the short wait."

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Errr, the email says it's a presale and the web listing says it's a pre order. Thats not baiting anyone with misleading info.

"This is a presale event - buy now to secure your new wheels, which will ship by 27 April. Believe us, it's worth the short wait."
It is actually. The 1 item at the advertised price was listed as sold out almost immediately. The only available items are at much higher prices. This is pretty much a text book example that you would be taught in a class about consumer rights. When advertising something like this in a limited number they should be advising the number on offer in the advertising, and not in a tiny small print behind 7 astrix at the bottom of page 9. Something like "only 5 available at this price" would be sufficient.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
It is actually. The 1 item at the advertised price was listed as sold out almost immediately. The only available items are at much higher prices. This is pretty much a text book example that you would be taught in a class about consumer rights. When advertising something like this in a limited number they should be advising the number on offer in the advertising, and not in a tiny small print behind 7 astrix at the bottom of page 9. Something like "only 5 available at this price" would be sufficient.
We must be getting different emails and different links. The email I have at 8.01am on Sunday 15th April it's a presale and links you to their website to pre order the parts. At no stage have I seen it say anything about in stock items or sold out or whatever. It clearly says it's a pre order on the linked page:
upload_2018-4-16_11-32-58.png

The email is pretty clear:
Be the ENVE of all your mates
(Sorry, that pun's probably been done to death).

But let's be honest, when your mates find out you got a fresh set of top-of-the-line ENVE's at these absolutely unprecedented prices, they're gonna be green with.... you guessed it.

This is a presale event - buy now to secure your new wheels, which will ship by 27 April.

Believe us, it's worth the short wait.

Non-Boost Wheelsets and Rims - Save 58% - up to $2435 off!
Boost Wheelsets - Save 47% - up to $2150 off!

Stocks are very limited, and prices are valid only until Sunday 22 April or while stocks last

Send me a screen print of what you guys say isn't legit.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
We must be getting different emails and different links. The email I have at 8.01am on Sunday 15th April it's a presale and links you to their website to pre order the parts. At no stage have I seen it say anything about in stock items or sold out or whatever. It clearly says it's a pre order on the linked page:
View attachment 344279

The email is pretty clear:
Be the ENVE of all your mates
(Sorry, that pun's probably been done to death).

But let's be honest, when your mates find out you got a fresh set of top-of-the-line ENVE's at these absolutely unprecedented prices, they're gonna be green with.... you guessed it.

This is a presale event - buy now to secure your new wheels, which will ship by 27 April.

Believe us, it's worth the short wait.

Non-Boost Wheelsets and Rims - Save 58% - up to $2435 off!
Boost Wheelsets - Save 47% - up to $2150 off!

Stocks are very limited, and prices are valid only until Sunday 22 April or while stocks last

Send me a screen print of what you guys say isn't legit.
Your screen grab has it. Third item is sold out. This item is used to set the pricing "from" and is not available.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Your screen grab has it. Third item is sold out. This item is used to set the pricing "from" and is not available.
I get your point but the email doesn't say the wheels are $1599, it links you to the range then you choose what you want. It's not click bait, it's not immoral and who knows, maybe they had one set available and it sold first click? Shrugs...........

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Dude...this is a perfect example. All the price info you posted is based off the out of stock item in your screen shot. And if they only had one, or a limited number (there is a cut off somewhere to how significant/insignificant that limit can be) on offer at that price they are required to advise of that. I hope that they use the guy from the old copperart advertisements for their next promotion.

Anyway I personally have no interest in carbon wheels. I just want the mentos back!!! Admittedly it may be back. I haven't purchased bike parts for a while.

Minlak

custom titis
Dude...this is a perfect example. All the price info you posted is based off the out of stock item in your screen shot. And if they only had one, or a limited number (there is a cut off somewhere to how significant/insignificant that limit can be) on offer at that price they are required to advise of that. I hope that they use the guy from the old copperart advertisements for their next promotion.
Anyway I personally have no interest in carbon wheels. I just want the mentos back!!! Admittedly it may be back. I haven't purchased bike parts for a while.
Almost right but don't let that stop a good witch hunt :)
It currently says "Out of Stock" notify me. if they are still going to offer the wheels at the sale price they are golden. If new wheels come in and are more expensive then they are breaching laws.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
It currently says "Out of Stock" notify me. if they are still going to offer the wheels at the sale price they are golden. If new wheels come in and are more expensive then they are breaching laws.
True in regards to restocking, and an oversight on my behalf.

Flow-Rider

Burner
It does say limited stock but I get what Link is saying. When I see prices that state 'FROM' I don't even bother clicking anymore. I wanted to buy a full face helmet and I clicked to the site, they were either sizes that didn't fit your average bear or really ugly colours and the one I liked was at normal price. Another thing I've seen is that the emails get sent out to preferential customers first and by the time you get yours, all the crap is left.

MTB.jpg

Last edited:

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Surely, if this is a pre order sale, none of it is actually in stock?

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Surely, if this is a pre order sale, none of it is actually in stock?
Spoke with the sales online, they have pre-ordered themselves based on a best guess of wheel size, rim width, hub choice, and driver... numbers ordered are fixed so if you were wanting something less popular which the brand manager under estimated then you are out of luck unfortunately......

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Excuse my ignorance, but what is it that makes Enve wheels Uber desirable / awesome / expensive ??

(...oh, and Mtb Bikes Direct "bait" style marketing shits me to tears. Now I don't bother with much of their special deals & offers anymore because the style/size/item you would invariably want is never the sale price offered...)

Paulie_AU

Likes Dirt
Excuse my ignorance, but what is it that makes Enve wheels Uber desirable / awesome / expensive ??

(...oh, and Mtb Bikes Direct "bait" style marketing shits me to tears. Now I don't bother with much of their special deals & offers anymore because the style/size/item you would invariably want is never the sale price offered...)
I got a great deal on a set of wheels like that. Sale price was for remaining non boost and that suited my bike. Actually come to think of it my wifes wheels were similar deal. In the end they were available at the cheap price for about 3 days.