Little Things You Hate

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Fuck you chatty guy. Nah chatting with regulars is one of the good bits. I've worked in places where it was essential and those where it was extremely frowned upon, the former is always better. Taking quick shots is also a good thing and more people should do it. One place here does stand up shots for $2! Slam it and move on. I wish I got to.

Investing in forestry based super. Excellent tax move
Would you like to book an appointment to discuss further?

I have many hectares of woodlands to sell at distressed prices my good friend.

Would you believe I have 66 million hectares up for grabs in Panama?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Would you like to book an appointment to discuss further?

I have many hectares of woodlands to sell at distressed prices my good friend.

Would you believe I have 66 million hectares up for grabs in Panama?
Interesting good sir. Usually these offers are for islands in the pacific.

stirk

Burner
Fuck you chatty guy. Nah chatting with regulars is one of the good bits. I've worked in places where it was essential and those where it was extremely frowned upon, the former is always better.
Chatting to the barista is all about timing, busy leave them alone, quiet ok, any manager or boss that thinks this is bad then they'll lose a customer.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
And I have acres of water front land for cheap. Just make sure you view at low tide.

I planted 250 of those after I degloved my left hand and it was still in a splint. One handed mattock use isn't scary at all. Hard work in larger numbers. Did I mention the red belly black? Friendly snake, big bastard though.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Past favorite cafe's see me coming, start making my coffee straight away, big queue, nah, waltz right up and boom there's my coffee ready to go, yeah I'll pay that later when you're quite in the arvo and I need my second fix;)
Forgot to mention...arrived at local late night cafe strip not long back. I park my bike at the council provided rack which is practically dead centre between the 2 cafes that stay open late. I can't decide which I want to attend, I have a quick chat with a friend and before I know it the staff from one cafe is standing on my left, correct coffee in hand and asks where I'll be sitting? I guess that's one less decision this evening.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
#1 has a smoker made from a 45kg gas bottle. Can do about 40kg of meat at a time. Lots of work but well worth the effort.

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
Yep travel by plane on holidays is my downfall.
Its a long way to Africa or Asia by boat.
Cant wait for the very fast train.

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
And yet a lot of things that fly are more dense...

And to Rowdy, so now we know what we know about CO2 emissions & that every tonne of CO2 emitted simply stays in the atmosphere should we continue with business as usual?

Taking a holiday is a discretionary activity played out by the rich. Every time you fly somewhere, future generations have to deal with what you've left them.

Last edited:

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Yep, tourism is estimated at around 8% of total carbon emissions. When looking this up again, found this Guardian opine: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/may/09/cut-emissions-flights-air-travel-flying

Makes sense in a way, but not sure it would gain traction with the airlines needing to fill lots of flights to stay viable. If it did, a lot of travel for international sports could probably be reduced too.

I typically do one international trip a year (primarily for work), but rationalise that I ride my bike to work and won't be reproducing (which is a pretty big source of emissions, making more of yourself!).

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
You can rationalise all you want but CO2 still goes into the atmosphere & stays there. Not travelling is easily the easiest & biggest contribution we can make to this utterly inconceivably epic issue.

There's no such thing as offset any more...the only solution is to not emit.

I too struggle morally about this - I grew up in a Qantas family so we did shitloads of travel. And I continued to do so until about five years ago...when I became educated. Now I'm torn...I love travelling.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
I was being a bit tongue-in-cheek, but you can rationalise to some extent. In any case, I think limiting your travel rather than eliminating it would be much more reasonable.

I try and make good decisions about a lot of other things in my life, very conscious of emissions and environmental impacts (as part of my work). Travel has some necessity for my work, and so I try and put my holidays around that instead of two separate trips.

It is something I'll think more about though. That, and ordering bike parts from Europe..

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Nah.

Have you been to Bali, Gold Coast or any other number of bogan holiday destinations? They are not rich people flying there.
Huh? We are talking about on the world stage here.

You do know how rich the average Aussie is compared with the rest of the planet don't you?

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Nah.

Have you been to Bali, Gold Coast or any other number of bogan holiday destinations? They are not rich people flying there.
Depends how you define rich. Globally there is a burgeoning middle class with a increased demand for air travel. I heard somewhere that soon we won't be able to train pilots fast enough..