Little Things You Hate

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by -|Sean|-, Nov 2, 2008.

1. stirk

stirk Wheel size expert

I'm a stand up drink my 'takeaway' at the counter in a ceramic/glass cup (whatever you coffee dudes give me I don't care) and bugger off in a few minutes, chatting to the barista and likely annoying them but that's better than sit around for 30 minutes sipping on my espresso at a table!

I read a while back that Aussies take the longest to drink a coffee, it's a social thing not a drug thing apparently, for me it's all about the fix and a quick chat with the barista...

Past favorite cafe's see me coming, start making my coffee straight away, big queue, nah, waltz right up and boom there's my coffee ready to go, yeah I'll pay that later when you're quite in the arvo and I need my second fix;)

2. Dales Cannon

Dales Cannon Administrator Staff Member

I try not to firewalk, keeps the footprint cleaner. I meant what $ income but I agree with you. Until next year. I dont plan to pay tax next year!

I gave up four trips a year to Japan for meetings that could be done by teleconference, not popular with the boss. Or my then CFO who loved the trips. I did too but they were unnecessary and wrote off 10 days and three weekends.

I have solar, use tank water and have biocycle waste treatment. Planted 1,000 trees since being at my current house. So that is likely better than average.

Car use is high because there is no public transport for 10+km though since March all but one of my city meetings have been at the end of a train journey. Because those arent frequent and out of peak hours I enjoy the trip!

I 4wd, I participate in car racing. Those be bad too.

Elbo likes this.
  3. hifiandmtb

hifiandmtb Sphincter beanie

Cool.

Let's get everyone else on board.

Good luck with that.

Dales Cannon likes this.
  4. stirk

stirk Wheel size expert

medmar?

5. Dales Cannon

Pourque?

Ahhhhhhh. Google.

No, cabinet timbers like Quandong, Ash, Silky Oak, Maple, Beech, White cedar and some bush foods like wattles, Illawarra plum, lemon myrtle. Etc.

6. pink poodle

pink poodle Clinically Inane

I think you owe it to all of us to provide a means (or memes) with which to measure our foot prints.

7. Dales Cannon

Size 11 unless it is affixed with a US size and then 12.

8. pink poodle

Fuck you chatty guy. Nah chatting with regulars is one of the good bits. I've worked in places where it was essential and those where it was extremely frowned upon, the former is always better. Taking quick shots is also a good thing and more people should do it. One place here does stand up shots for $2! Slam it and move on. I wish I got to.

Investing in forestry based super. Excellent tax move

9. pink poodle

Memes! I asked for memes not puns!

10. stirk

stirk Wheel size expert

Planted a few thousand of those trees myself up in FNQ about 24 years ago, sadly not in my family anymore. Planting those seedlings by hand was a LTIH!

11. link1896

link1896 Eats Squid

Would you like to book an appointment to discuss further?

I have many hectares of woodlands to sell at distressed prices my good friend.

Would you believe I have 66 million hectares up for grabs in Panama?

12. pink poodle

Interesting good sir. Usually these offers are for islands in the pacific.

13. stirk

stirk Wheel size expert

Chatting to the barista is all about timing, busy leave them alone, quiet ok, any manager or boss that thinks this is bad then they'll lose a customer.

14. Dales Cannon

And I have acres of water front land for cheap. Just make sure you view at low tide.

I planted 250 of those after I degloved my left hand and it was still in a splint. One handed mattock use isn't scary at all. Hard work in larger numbers. Did I mention the red belly black? Friendly snake, big bastard though.

15. pink poodle

Forgot to mention...arrived at local late night cafe strip not long back. I park my bike at the council provided rack which is practically dead centre between the 2 cafes that stay open late. I can't decide which I want to attend, I have a quick chat with a friend and before I know it the staff from one cafe is standing on my left, correct coffee in hand and asks where I'll be sitting? I guess that's one less decision this evening.

slowmick and Dales Cannon like this.
  16. link1896

link1896 Eats Squid

If Panama isn't appealing, I have carbon credits for sale from the Siberian peat bogs in western Siberia, but you'd better be quick, things are disappearing fast.

17. pink poodle

If you have any frozen mammoths I could be keen. I'm having a BBQ soon.

18. Dales Cannon

You'll need a big smoker.

19. pink poodle

Or smokers...will be one hell of a party getting that beast smoked up. Thinking super sized bucked bong inside a diving bell.

20. Dales Cannon

#1 has a smoker made from a 45kg gas bottle. Can do about 40kg of meat at a time. Lots of work but well worth the effort.