Little Things You Hate

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I go to an off leash park all the time and dogs are all over the place, off leash and having a ball, but these dogs are for the most part not aggressive and are under control. My comment does not mean I have the same attitude as these people you confronted, I just don't appreciate small yappers that carry on with lots of aggression and noise when they happen to meet my 'on leash dog' and I feel the small dog needs to be trained to be around other larger dogs or kept in a handbag where it's nice and safe. There is nothing more annoying than a little dog coming up to your dog and snapping and yapping with full snarl in action and carrying on like a pork chop, it makes me worried my dog might bite the little dog and then that makes me feel bad as I don't want to see any dog hurt, ever. And the owner of the small yapping dog will be equally very upset and I would not want that either.

The fact one of these people you met came back up the path to punch you hints that you were still yelling back at them? Not condoning the punching but seems this whole meet and great could have gone down a little better! Sorry to hear you had a bad day.
My dogs were on lead, theirs were off. No yapping. Issa rarely barks at all and is a chilled dog and wasn’t perturbed at all (that will be her undoing one day, she assumes everyone is her friend...), and Sam didn’t bark but did growl and snap in defence when a Pitbull was looming over him. Poor little guy was a shaking mess afterwards...

I was simply trying talk... No yelling. But naive of me to try to reason with them. I did try to press the point, also naive... I just wanted to get a comment in amongst their ongoing ranting....

Last edited:

Haakon

Why do people have pitbulls? I don’t get it...

Friend of my parents was attacked by her Rottweiler once, had to have it euthanised when she got out of hospital. She had raised it from a little puppy and done all the right things. It was a friendly dog until one day it snapped...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Arseholes.

Walking the dogs, met two Class A fuckwits. Our dogs are little ones - one is a foxie/Italian greyhound cross and the other is a mini Fwxie. Sam the foxie is a rescue who came from a pretty abusive past and is hence pretty scared of everything - so when two fucking huge male Pitbulls come running up the path at him he freaks...

So do I, and I start making a lot of noise trying to distract the pitbulls while I try to scoop Sam up - his reaction to being scared is to snap at other dogs which I knew was going to be a terminal move... Luckily the Pitbulls were "friendly", but that wasnt assumed and it was still a scare!!

The two fuckheads just started in abusing me... I was pretty miffed they let them off their leads, but I was trying to explain the reason I'd made such a fuss was Sam was likely to attack one of them out of fear and I was trying to head that off - even if initially friendly I had to assume a Pitbull would bite back...

My mistake was trying to reason with them... I was keen to explain the situation so I didn't have to keep looking over my shoulder for these cunts. But reason and logic was clearly not being well received and I got punched for my trouble.

Welcome back to Canberra....
That is shit, no one should be assaulted.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Why do people have pitbulls? I don’t get it...

Friend of my parents was attacked by her Rottweiler once, had to have it euthanised when she got out of hospital. She had raised it from a little puppy and done all the right things. It was a friendly dog until one day it snapped...
The more important question is why do people have cats?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Haakon

Finding Avis charged $2,950 to my credit card for 7 days in a rental in Germany... Clearly an error but not awesome.

And finding out if I could have paid my 200 Euro parking fine i got in Palma Mallorca on Friday at the parking machine within the hour and only paid 6 euros.

Good day. Fun times.

Haakon

So it doesn't cost $3k to hire a car for a week in Germany?

Maybe there was a surcharge for flogging it & posting about it.
200 on an autobahn isn’t flogging it - the winter tyres held me back and I was a long way from the fastest kid on the block!

I was quoted about 450 for the week and got the thumbs up for no damage when I handed it in at Berlin airport, something has gone awry...

Flow-Rider

Burner
I did, but nothing to go on. I didnt pull my phone out because I didn't want to lose the phone or get beaten up. Two big blokes and two giant Pitbulls against one weedy science nerd on a secluded path - I'm not that naive....
Move to a better area, you tight arse prick. You'll feel better about your whole life and you will be less of a grumble bum or you like being one of those ? :p

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
@Haakon are you sure these guys don't work in your office? Sucks to get hit in the face, your attacker must have felt like a big man! What a wanker.

I love dogs. The big ones right down to the small ones. But they should all be on a leash when out in public, those off leash areas excluded. People and dogs are too unpredictable, an owner may have all the confidence in the world that they have trained their dog well and the moment Steve Irwin randomly starts poking the dog who knows what will happen? Or you know...they run across the road to eat a cat. I used to mostly walk my last dog at night to avoid issues with people who feel it is ok for their dog to wander.

If I was in your shoes I'd be all up in the cops grill about finding your assailants. I'm sure you can provide a suitable description and if they really did have pitbulls off leash in public that is a violation of the restrictions placed on owners of that breed.

I like cat. Fucked if I want to own one though!

@Flow-Rider he will fond something new to whinge about...probably the new cost of living and how up tight his neighbours are.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
.Some of the stories Haakon has come out with over the years of the area, it doesn't sound like a very good hood to reside in.
I guess that depends on the factors you use to assess good. I think there are 2 issues he won't escape easily:
- Canberra
- Id

Haakon

@poodle Have told the cops what happened on the assumption they’re already known to them but I have nothing for them to go on. But we know a lot of the local dog owners (there is a good community spirit amongst them around here, even a little Christmas bbq down at the oval every year which his nice) and someone will know where these arsehats live.

But - do I want them investing time in finding me and where I live in retribution for the visit from the cops...? Moving is less simple - with two small dogs we would be fucked getting another rental and this one is ok apart from some of the locals. It’s also a good riding distance to work. Shoulda coulda woulda bought something a bunch of years ago...