Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
...I landed one of my biggest paying white collar jobs in sneakers, shorts, and a shit fitting shirt I purchased from the Salvo's shop near the location of the interview. I fluked it no doubts about that! Other candidates look at you uncomfortably in those situations too. Unfortunately there is still a lot of fucks given to appearance over aptitude.

I've always gone with the "wear what everyone else wears to work so it looks like you'd fit straight in". The most odd part about it was that the boss certainly did not have a tie, and another employee was there in short and shorts - looked a very casual place once you got in.

It was an engineering firm. I went with standard business shirt, pants, shoes, belt, but I guess, will add tie to that next time...
I was against having to wear a uniform when they introduced it, now I love it. Free clothes !!!

Binaural

Eats Squid
...I landed one of my biggest paying white collar jobs in sneakers, shorts, and a shit fitting shirt I purchased from the Salvo's shop near the location of the interview. I fluked it no doubts about that! Other candidates look at you uncomfortably in those situations too. Unfortunately there is still a lot of fucks given to appearance over aptitude.
Word to that. I got my first job in software engineering from a guy who wasn't even wearing shoes at the interview. Met an honest-to-god billionaire for coffee the other day and he was wearing fairly tatty jeans and a regular polo. Sound bloke as well.

Honestly that is bullshit. If the standard is casual or smart casual then that is it. I dislike people who think that suits and ties matter. As long as you are suitably attired in the norm for the business then that is good
I actually enjoy wearing my suit from time to time, but there's actually a negative connotation in some technology industries against people who are overdressed all the time. You come across as a salesperson rather than a technical type.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
But what if they have a business card in Bone with Silian Grail lettering? or Egg-shell, with Roman?

(Also, how come you know so much about dressing like a Type A Douche? That come with owning a Pole?)
Double avoid.

Fancy private school and economics degree from a sandstone uni.

When I was young and stupid I got my suits custom made. As I got older I realised that dressing well for the benefit of other people is stupid. The smart thing to do is to dress to be comfortable and show respect to your colleagues/clients, no more.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
why is it that the only piece of pipework in a system that is fitted "Without" any means to remove it unless you hacksaw it , will be the fucking one that leaks...FUCK!...and we also have a Zero to Ground policy with leaks..Double Fuck!

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
why is it that the only piece of pipework in a system that is fitted "Without" any means to remove it unless you hacksaw it , will be the fucking one that leaks...FUCK!...and we also have a Zero to Ground policy with leaks..Double Fuck!
Atleast it’s not on a friday?
Murphys law, now I’ve said that somethin else is gonna go horribly wrong.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
If it is zero to ground who is using the mop. By the way you have no idea about leaks until you run a complex hydrogen reticulation system.

moorey

call me Mia
Internally routed droppers with PF bb’s.

Offered to fit Felixs mates bike with a new dropper I picked him up (thanks @Hipstar).
It’s a 2015 trance 1 I found him 6 months ago, but came with a munted contact dropper, so binned it and was loaning him a lever operated spare in the meantime, but need it back now for daughter.
Anyhoo, it’s an awkward path for the cable already, due to lower shock mount obstructing 3/4 of the down tube, and having to go under and around the BB. Nothing will get a cable through there. Even tried the vacuum and string trick, but even that won’t feed through. If it was a threaded BB, no sweat, I’d pull it out and feed it round, but fucked if I’m touching these PF shells.
I’d love it if someone could send me to the fuckwit thread after pointing out an easy hack.
Even then, I’ll still loathe this thing.

Last edited:

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I don’t like your chances without pulling the BB... I’ve always used the old cable to pull the new one through on my Giants.