Little Things You Hate

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Compared to most punters on RB I don't have much mtb tech/travel/expertise to offer
....but I just love reading all the banter. Poodle is a funny mofo (don't get a fat head now)
This forum has the best vibe of any I've frequented (so @moorey tell your old crusty mates to eat a bag of dicks....but then tell 'em I'm grateful for their contributions in the years before I turned up)
I will say I prolly would have been a LOT closer to finishing the house renovations (and 100 other things) without RB.

mark22

Likes Dirt
1. The amount of old farkers I’ve been talking to in the flesh lately, who won’t log on here any more because of the ‘boys club’ mentality.
2. The number of newer riders I’ve talked to about using Farkin for tech, info and trading, and they were put off by the way they were treated as new members.
3. Knowing that I have played a VERY major part in the above. Never intentionally, but the result is the same.
Hmmmm this forum probably is a bit daunting to some, I can see a newbie would be a bit hesitant to post for fear of being ridiculed at some point. Not everyone has a thick skin like most of the regulars seem to have.

There is heaps of good tech info to be had for sure.

Maybe a few less digs between each other from the boys club members* would make it more appealing? As other members feel they are not part of the group.
Personally I couldn't give a rat's.

*Boys club may mean too much banter between say half a dozen members.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Nursing a .22 on my lap ready to pop said mongrel bird. These birds have shitted me off for years in melb..
I had one in a tree outside my bedroom window at a house in Clayton for many months... It’s not a great look running out in your undies at dawn throwing things at a tree and yelling obscenities, but the neighbours never said anything..

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I had one in a tree outside my bedroom window at a house in Clayton for many months... It’s not a great look running out in your undies at dawn throwing things at a tree and yelling obscenities, but the neighbours never said anything..
When I lived in Richmond I would roll the hose out and spray the tree in my boxers at 4am. I was well dressed compared to the neighbours, they kept on with their fire twirling and bongo thumping nude till
daylight..