Little Things You Hate

Flow-Rider

Burner
Hearing that a good friend went to hospital after several days of gastro not getting better, and having surgery that night for a perforated bowel and severe septicaemia...

Has a bag attached to a hole in his stomach for now while they bath him in nuclear grade antibiotics and hope...

Not awesome. That shit can kill easily and he is a long way from being out of the woods.
Sorry to hear, I hope things get better for them. I have a friend that has poop bag and they've lived a fairly normal for the last 15 years.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I believe his is temporary (more surgery later....). Fingers crossed he makes it past the septicaemia without organ damage...

LTIL - access to tip top medical services that won’t leave them bankrupt...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Packaging. Christmas and all that, the superflous packaging which is just wasted resources. And I reckon bike bits are among the worst offenders. I bought some rotors, a new quad lock, pedals and grips. Lots and lots of packaging. By comparison tyres just have a small hanger but still too much. How do we get the message across?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Packaging. Christmas and all that, the superflous packaging which is just wasted resources. And I reckon bike bits are among the worst offenders. I bought some rotors, a new quad lock, pedals and grips. Lots and lots of packaging. By comparison tyres just have a small hanger but still too much. How do we get the message across?
Petition!

link1896

Mr Greenfield
FU sram. You lot “invented” GXP to avoid a shimano patent. The OD of the left side of the spindle is supposed to be 22mm, not 21.7mm, not 22.2mm but 22.00. Bunch of useless pricks.

Here’s a screen grab of nsk’s shaft tolerances table. Show this to the child labourers in Asia.

I’ll accept the fact we need to make it easy to assemble due to your shoddy plastic cups you love, but 0.3mm is like the titanic taking on a little water.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
FU sram. You lot “invented” GXP to avoid a shimano patent. The OD of the left side of the spindle is supposed to be 22mm, not 21.7mm, not 22.2mm but 22.00. Bunch of useless pricks.

Here’s a screen grab of nsk’s shaft tolerances table. Show this to the child labourers in Asia.

I’ll accept the fact we need to make it easy to assemble due to your shoddy plastic cups you love, but 0.3mm is like the titanic taking on a little water.

I am lost. Isn't it 0.003mm?

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Ah, ok. It is SRAM not the bearing. Yes that is shit. You could go around the crank journal with a centre punch and lightly burr the surface to swell the diameter.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Ah, ok. It is SRAM not the bearing. Yes that is shit. You could go around the crank journal with a centre punch and lightly burr the surface to swell the diameter.
I reckon he should carve the diameter down far enough to fit an extra bearing between the axle and the current bearing. Maybe a roller bearing.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
awful cold when on a beach holiday.

more in the midy annoying category - seeing the bike insold a month ago being resold asking 50% above what i let them buy it for. its not my bike any more but i didnt give them a good price and chuck in a bunch of tyres after so they could make a profit from it.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Sacrifice a cheap set of feeler gauges for a great selection of precision shims in small increments !
I’m first in line to sacrifice feeler gauges, cheap Chinese sets get hacked to bits for shims all the time around here, but wrapped around the crank spindle is asking for drama. The whole sram crank bearing preload design is a fucking disaster, I should incorporate a bearing ID reducer and preload adjuster (or spacer) to fix the shit show all in one go. Same time I should man up and buy one of the GXP push fit bottom brackets that threads together, I don’t want to revisit this.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I’m first in line to sacrifice feeler gauges, cheap Chinese sets get hacked to bits for shims all the time around here, but wrapped around the crank spindle is asking for drama. The whole sram crank bearing preload design is a fucking disaster, I should incorporate a bearing ID reducer and preload adjuster (or spacer) to fix the shit show all in one go. Same time I should man up and buy one of the GXP push fit bottom brackets that threads together, I don’t want to revisit this.
Makes me wonder what the rest of the crank is like, that fit would have been like a sausage thrown down a hallway.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
awful cold when on a beach holiday.

more in the midy annoying category - seeing the bike insold a month ago being resold asking 50% above what i let them buy it for. its not my bike any more but i didnt give them a good price and chuck in a bunch of tyres after so they could make a profit from it.
Had this happen to me once. Sold a clapped out Trance for cheap that needed full drivetrain and bearing kit replaced. The guy who bought it even pressured me to throw in some tyres. 1/2hr later it was up on Gumtree for $1000 more and he was claiming it was excellent condition. Chunt.