Little Things You Hate

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bloody unreliable renewables...
Yeah I know

I’m in the red but panels have done the trick. Sitting in ac playing monopoly with the kids and listening to Canadian radio. Change is in, might grab a cold one from the fridge to celebrate

Nambra

Definitely should have gone to specsavers
Has anyone said why Yallourn is doing maintenance...? Surely its not scheduled during a heatwave to drive up wholesale pricing....

I used to advocate using the grid as your battery, but not so sure these days.
Believe it was long overdue maintenance, and the ridiculous heatwave was not anticipated. Still, I'd be surprised if there wasn't 1500MW of capacity on the grid somewhere that could have been dispatched to cover the shortfall.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
The flu, in summer, when the symptoms start on a 43 degree day, 2 days later feels like I have been hit by a bus. I have self diagnosed, its man-flu, I probably wont make it.
I’m currently 12days from my summer flu starting. 2.5 days of fever and aches then this goddamn phlegm on my chest that just can’t shake off. Done 15ks in nearly 2 weeks :(

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
People who ride road bikes on trails, then snarl at you because you won't get out of their way because they're riding a bike that can't handle the rougher side of the trail.

No, I don't care if you call it 'CX' or a 'gravel cruncher', if it's got drop bars and skinny wheels it's a fuckin' road bike. You want to ride mountain bike trails, ride a fuckin' mountain bike, ya lycra-clad flog.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
People who ride road bikes on trails, then snarl at you because you won't get out of their way because they're riding a bike that can't handle the rougher side of the trail.

No, I don't care if you call it 'CX' or a 'gravel cruncher', if it's got drop bars and skinny wheels it's a fuckin' road bike. You want to ride mountain bike trails, ride a fuckin' mountain bike, ya lycra-clad flog.
So what were you doing hugging the easy side of the trail? May as well ride a road bike.

bear the bear

Is a real bear

Do you drive a ute and do circle work in the carpark? 'Cause with an attitude like well.....

rstim

Likes Dirt
So, I've said this before and had some hate mail for it, even death threats!
Stop calling your XC trails and singular bike trail a fucking bike park you dopey flogs! Define a bike park in Dozer's world you ask? Okay:
-If it isn't gravity and jumps and multiple trails then nah, it isn't a bike park.
-Got a sweet chairlift? Tick the bike park box when issuing your press release.
-Is it one loop with shit obstacles built by little Timmy and his Mum? Not a bike park! Take it off the sign!
-Is the only way to the top of the hill either on foot or pedaling up? Its a trail, not a bike park!
-Oh you don't have a chairlift? Not a bike park!
If I see another damn place with all green trails in one single loop pop up exclaiming it's greatness and it's called a bike park, I'm gonna get in touch with my Mum and explain the situation so look out!
There's no chairlift at Maydena

flamin'trek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Plan to take the high schooler and his mate to Awaba on wed as he doesn’t start school til thurs, little bro’s start wed, currently not working so had the day free. Offered a few days work at short notice - looks like riding is off because income.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse

All Im hearing is "i got over taken on MTB trails by a dude on a roadie". Not sure I'd have admitted that in public...

Haakon

When did "flog" become a term btw? Its an odd one... I gotta hand it to the bogans though, they're an inventive lot in some ways.

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
All Im hearing is "i got over taken on MTB trails by a dude on a roadie". Not sure I'd have admitted that in public...
No, the dickhead was coming the other way, and as he passed by he snarled at me, "That's ok mate, I'll get out of the way." No worries, 'mate', you do that. Do you drive up the wrong side of the road and expect the other cars to swerve around you too?

So what were you doing hugging the easy side of the trail? May as well ride a road bike.
The 'trail' at this point was just an overgrown old fire/parks vehicle road. I was doing what I thought was the sensible thing and keeping to the left, same as you'd do on the road or footpath. But apparently all the rules change when you've got some entitled cunt in lycra coming at you.

Haakon

No, the dickhead was coming the other way, and as he passed by he snarled at me, "That's ok mate, I'll get out of the way." No worries, 'mate', you do that. Do you drive up the wrong side of the road and expect the other cars to swerve around you too?
Fair enough.

The 'trail' at this point was just an overgrown old fire/parks vehicle road. I was doing what I thought was the sensible thing and keeping to the left, same as you'd do on the road or footpath. But apparently all the rules change when you've got some entitled cunt in lycra coming at you.
But with all due respect, the use of "cntu" and "flog" (I think I've worked out what that means now) just makes you sound a bit bogan and tends to shift sympathy to the roadie a bit...