Little Things You Hate

cokeonspecialtwodollars

Fartes of Portingale
Yes sadly, particapting in an event at Eastern Creek raceway, brakes faded and hit concrete barrier. Been years but if memory serves me right there was charges laid for the organisers, not sure of the outcome.
If I recall this was the incident where the organisers were running the cars in the reverse direction?

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I hate Gumtree no-shows. The buyer emailed me that he wanted to desperately grab my free kids swing set to give as a BDAY present (what a tight ass).
Organized a time, left work early so I could meet him at my place to help him load swings on his trailer.
So i get home, im waiting, waiting, waiting.....
I email the f@cker to see if he is going to come.
NO RESPONSE
How bloody hard is it to let someone know you cant / wont make it???
Checked your garage? Prick probably cleaned it out earlier after he found out you wont be home until the meet time!
I won't let any of these pricks know where I live, do it from my work address.
Bit hard with a big item like that though. :(

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
That’s a good read, thanks bear.

I particularly like the idea in the comments that we should be producing the world’s best helmets. We’ve been forcing everyone to wear them for nearly 30 years, how do we not set the benchmark? At the very least Au should have devised a helmet that does not produce helmet hair since this is the only place in the world (yeah, maybe NZ too) where you have to wear one to bolt down the shop to pick up a loaf of bread.
Airbags...bloody Swedes, no helmet hair just a healthy neck brace thingy https://www.npr.org/sections/parall...r-bike-helmet-head-heres-one-swedish-solution

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
You need to read this for the history....stackhat-iconic-brand-that-helped-kill.html

"So they kept trying to force these helmets on us, and we kept ignoring them. Soon enough, they started getting in the politician's ears. Rosebank were particularly insidious. Not only did they go to work on the Victorian government, they also got in the ear of Standards Australia, making sure that the new Australian Standard for bicycle helmets, which was being developed ahead of compulsory helmet legislation, would favour them over other manufacturers. Key to this was the "resistance to penetration" test, which the lightweight well ventilated fabric covered polystyrene helmets of the time failed, but of course the Stackhat passed. Note of course there was no maximum weight test, nor ventilation test. The standards, like the helmets, were developed by a committee of bureaucrats, not cyclists.

Even the bike shops were complicit. They did the maths. Five million cyclists times $80 per helmet equals a hell of a lot of profit. Standards Australia had done a very good job of stitching the market up, so there was zero overseas competition. Even though there were perfectly good overseas standards that could be used, like Snell and BSA, these weren't going to be allowed on our precious Australian heads. Markups could be stratospheric, and they were and still are."
Also, those fuckin' ugly-arse things single-handedly killed bike riding for an entire generation when they came out.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Knocked it about Glenrock for a few hours today, probably saw just as many Ebike as others
mostly older blokes with cash to burn, good on em..wish I had the cash now
But can't they just make it look like they are doing it tough, for the sake of the rest of us without...just a small grimace of pain look will suffice!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Knocked it about Glenrock for a few hours today, probably saw just as many Ebike as others
But can't they just make it look like they are doing it tough, for the sake of the rest of us without...just a small grimace of pain look will suffice!

There's an old guy that hits up there on his electronic motor bicycle a bit...has no trail sense or manners. Will burn down a trail, skidding through the corners etc and then turn around and pedal straight back up into oncoming riders, ignoring the 1 way signs. I suspect he is relatively new to the sport.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
haven't seen him yet, I walk with trekking poles so will jab him if I see him doing it past me.
but did see an older couple going the wrong way on a few trails and stopping on blind corners at the bottom of fast runs to take photo's, whilst laying their bikes down on the trails to get off and snap away!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
People like that have become a plague up there. They seemed to be taking up space on the gravity trails a fair bit last year...was not well thought out.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Yesterday I was told that "you still have to work pretty hard on them" by an e-mtber.

This was at the top of a 2-3km long 7deg climb. He hadn't even raised a sweat despite riding in full body armour and full face helmet. Meanwhile, I was ded despite having walked 1/3 of it.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I suspect he is also very close to receiving a bit of a spray/re-education as well if he carries on like that.
Ive mellowed in my old age...I reckon I'll try the polite approach first and if that doesn't work I'll lap back up on him and drop a freight train style run traight at him. The rest kind of writes itself...he may even learn some new words.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Been in this town for 5 days. It hasn't snowed more than a few centimetres in about 10 days. I'm heading to Tokyo some time today. Of course it is snowing!