Little Things You Hate

Haakon

Not happy, Jan.
Insulated s/steel mug was a bit too high to fit under the coffee machine because it had a flared 'skirt' around the bottom (medievil style)

No worries I thought, I'll just take a few mm off the bottom. Because it's a double wall mug (effectively hollow) you can't squeeze it very hard in the jaws or it just crushes.

I'll just go nice n easy I thought.
Prolly had the speed a bit high too.
Was feeding it super slow....real careful.... all going well.... then BOING!
The tool dug in, levered the mug out and away she flew.

I'm not proud of this confession... but you forced me to tell it

Sent from my LG-H870DS using Tapatalk
Better than the old car coil spring compressor failure and having a few KGs of spring launch across the workshop at warp speed... Only done that once, scared the shit out of me and I've super careful ever since!!!!!

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Better than the old car coil spring compressor failure and having a few KGs of spring launch across the workshop at warp speed... Only done that once, scared the shit out of me and I've super careful ever since!!!!!
Yep. I've been doing exactly that job this week actually. Looong spring too - so fucken sketchy.

Haakon

Not happy, Jan.
Yep. I've been doing exactly that job this week actually. Looong spring too - so fucken sketchy.

French cars back in the day got their magic sauce combination of soft ride with shit hot road holding in part by using unusually very long but quite soft springs that were compressed a lot (in conjunction with very good damping). But it made them scary as hell to remove safely, with most common spring compressors unable to handle the length of them when uncompressed...

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Pump your brakes there Commissar, that sounds like Bolshevism!
I'll admit that I had to Google Bolshevism and yep, I was disappointed to find that it isn't a place for people who like Nutella to hang out.

Zaf

Gearbox Frother
I'll admit that I had to Google Bolshevism and yep, I was disappointed to find that it isn't a place for people who like Nutella to hang out.
I had to google "people who like Nutella" and I'm guessing I didn't find nearly as many clear answers to my questions as you found for yours.
What does that even mean!?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I had to google "people who like Nutella" and I'm guessing I didn't find nearly as many clear answers to my questions as you found for yours.
What does that even mean!?
It may be because of the American cult of people who have a competition to see who can feed their missus and make her the fattest. I'd say Nutella is moderating what people post about their product and removing all links to the fat Americans.
Nutella is a bigger thing than religion.

Reactions: Zaf

Zaf

Gearbox Frother
It may be because of the American cult of people who have a competition to see who can feed their missus and make her the fattest. I'd say Nutella is moderating what people post about their product and removing all links to the fat Americans.
Nutella is a bigger thing than religion.
I think I misused my previous image...this is the real Heresy!