Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I lost my debit card very early in March. I arranged a replacement card. My bank "sent it" and I waited just over 2 weeks, but it never came. I attended a branch and yes they used the correct address. Another new card was arranged. This eventually arrived and a week later I was able to activate it when a new pin also came. It was all a minor hassle but not too much to bear.

Of course while all this waiting was going on the 1 snowboard (that's right...1 out of the unlimited number of boards available) that I deem a suitable replacement for my lost board was on a reasonable sale. I was very eager for this card to be operational! Of course the size I wanted sold out before the card was ready. Then the sale ended but this is the era of constant sale and an acceptable size was available at only $40 more...last week I ordered the snowboard and I was pumped!

This morning I got an email telling me they were actually out of stock, the I.porter was out of stock, and everyone was unable to hook me up. Of course I don't need the board until January 2020 but that doesn't make me any less unhappy. Between the dollar being weak and geoblocking I'll struggle to get my hands on one of these damn things.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Going away for a few days with the bike and kayaks and leaving my Quadlock case at home. Again.

Using a bumbag to carry my phone. Again.

That the rear wheel on the Giant XTC (generic Giant things) feels like it is going to turn inside out under load mid corner.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Going away for a few days with the bike and kayaks and leaving my Quadlock case at home. Again.

Using a bumbag to carry my phone. Again.

That the rear wheel on the Giant XTC (generic Giant things) feels like it is going to turn inside out under load mid corner.
Your phone must be quite heavy!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I lost my debit card very early in March. I arranged a replacement card. My bank "sent it" and I waited just over 2 weeks, but it never came. I attended a branch and yes they used the correct address. Another new card was arranged. This eventually arrived and a week later I was able to activate it when a new pin also came. It was all a minor hassle but not too much to bear.

Of course while all this waiting was going on the 1 snowboard (that's right...1 out of the unlimited number of boards available) that I deem a suitable replacement for my lost board was on a reasonable sale. I was very eager for this card to be operational! Of course the size I wanted sold out before the card was ready. Then the sale ended but this is the era of constant sale and an acceptable size was available at only $40 more...last week I ordered the snowboard and I was pumped!

This morning I got an email telling me they were actually out of stock, the I.porter was out of stock, and everyone was unable to hook me up. Of course I don't need the board until January 2020 but that doesn't make me any less unhappy. Between the dollar being weak and geoblocking I'll struggle to get my hands on one of these damn things.
I keep a second no fees credit card for such emergencies...

Haakon

I had developers next door knock over the fence during demo then had the nerve to ask for half.. They got 1/2 of fk all and I hassled them for the whole build about every minor breach of the local by laws (noise, dust, etc)..

Not sure if you know much about town planning but if somone wants to build one dwelling on a block and it meets resode requirements and local overlays, no matter how fugly it is, neighbours don’t get to object. They only need a building permit which does not require public notice. If they build outside of the rescode standards they then have to get a planning permit as well which gives your FIL a say..
Your FIL or the neighbours didn’t give them dispensation allowing them to build outside of rescode yeah?
If the council stuffed up and allowed overloooking, setbacks etc that breaches rescode you can take that further to vcat.
And also the other neighbour has absolutely fk all chance of getting compensation unless the building clearly breaches the council planning policies or is illegal in some way. Even then they would most likely force the new build to comply rather than compensate $200k..
Yeah that sounds about right... I think the idea is to at least make life difficult. It’s a shit suburb now, it’s lost all its chilled family vibe and is becoming new money grotesque.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I keep a second no fees credit card for such emergencies...
I had options, I just didn't feel the urgency to make the buy...it's a long time before most people start getting snow boner and the board is not very conventional. Sigh...luckily for me this is like one of the "big" problems in my life at the moment.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah that sounds about right... I think the idea is to at least make life difficult. It’s a shit suburb now, it’s lost all its chilled family vibe and is becoming new money grotesque.
This either reads like an extract from the Great Gatsby or a case of green green grapes...

foxpuppet

Eats Squid
I had options, I just didn't feel the urgency to make the buy...it's a long time before most people start getting snow boner and the board is not very conventional. Sigh...luckily for me this is like one of the "big" problems in my life at the moment.
I’m intrigued, what board are you chasing? I’m still on my very fun and well loved burton easyliving from 09/10 had a demo of it in japan and struggled to find one back in Oz. Ended up getting one in perfect condition off a snowboard forum that’s now no longer around. Was always a great way to source boards as half the members on there worked in the industry. I’m still in touch with a few of them through insta and Facebook.

This

enticed me into almost a decade of this!

I’m thinking one more season. Looking at a Yes Greats (Uninc) or Korua Shapes or Gentemstick - something really out there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
That big turn pic is rather nice @foxpuppet! the korua shapes and gentemstick guys have some very attractive products. Their lines are mostly quite specific to powder riding, so like owning a dh bike you'll want something for the days it isn't puking. Have you seen the Japanese "orange man"? Worth a search if you like big pow and bright orange...

I was trying to buy a K2 bottle rocket. I've a few boards on hand but wanted something a bit playful to replace my recently deceased Salomon Derby. I've been into the volume shifted boards for a while now and can't bring myself to go back to riding a normal size/shape. Of the too few boards I could find that are volume shifted and not almost identical to my primary powder board (yes 420) the bottle rocket best matched my biases. Plus I usually shoot a lot of bottle rockets while I'm in Japan.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Buying something in an "easter sale" over the weekend with express post... and seeing its still sitting there as "order received"...

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Buying something in an "easter sale" over the weekend with express post... and seeing its still sitting there as "order received"...
Tell me about it!

Ordered my Pike bits from MTBD yesterday morning, paid Express Post, asked for sure to get ‘em Friday.

Just got a “yay we shipped your shit” 20 mins ago...Aust Post logged it in at 3pm.

Just be honest with the customer, that’s all I ask.

Haakon

Nationalist political crap and religious tripe taking over a day of reflection and respect. Gives me the creeps, it’s disrespectful in the extreme.

Minlak

custom titis
Tell me about it!

Ordered my Pike bits from MTBD yesterday morning, paid Express Post, asked for sure to get ‘em Friday.

Just got a “yay we shipped your shit” 20 mins ago...Aust Post logged it in at 3pm.

Just be honest with the customer, that’s all I ask.
MTBD offer same day shipment if ordered before a certain time.... At that time all of the packages are made ready for the Aus Post pick up - Aus Post wont register a scan until it is lodged at the collection centre / sorted for shipment - Then the journey commences - So they have technically kept to their word they had it ready on time and shipped it.
The rest of the process is all on Aus post who on their website wont guarantee next day delivery with anything. I have had packages from MTBD arrive overnight and 3 days all paid for with Express. It is due to Auspost.

Also not Friday yet so who knows may still get it.