Little Things You Hate

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I had one of these situations last year.... all because of a decision you made years ago in your 20s - and then you see them again years later. It weirdly consumes you for a couple of weeks, but then passes. Your brain really makes you focus on how you felt back then which doesn't translate to 10-15 years of life experiences that cannot possibly align with that "what if". So illogical and frustrating - especially when I'm stoked to be with who I am.

hell yeah!
Exactly! I'm in such a good place right now with work/house/wife that I'd be a fucking idiot to leave, but it's the little things that make the what ifs hard to move away from.

It's all good. I'll flog myself on the ride home tonight. Should help.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Look the best thing to do when these situations arise is to throw The D around for a few hours. Then you've got it out of your system for the next however long, or you're arms are both completely worn out and you don't have the strength.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Loading the bike up for practice day for race tomorrow and find one of the BB bearing seized. Can’t budge it
And no shops around me stock RF cinch bottom brackets.
That’s my day done.
I must have been careless with the hose.
Grrrrr

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Loading the bike up for practice day for race tomorrow and find one of the BB bearing seized. Can’t budge it
And no shops around me stock RF cinch bottom brackets.
That’s my day done.
I must have been careless with the hose.
Grrrrr
WD-40?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Didn’t even touch the sides! At least not with a short term soak. Stuck fast. Drive sides all grindy grindy too.
A shop across town has one so I’ll good to go tomorrow.
Can't believe you only have one bike. That is the real confession here.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Next confession?? Is the other bike pf? :p
Wash your mouth out! NS Eccentric is threaded. But not boost, and different bb shell width so wasn’t about to faff around finding spacers and mucking about trying to get the chain line correct if that was even possible so focused my attention on getting a new one.
Which wasn’t as easy as I hoped. Most shops don’t carry RF threaded Bottom brackets.

But Summit to the rescue. Damn they have some seriously experience eye candy in there.

HOPE and Chris king dripping off all the things!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I just tried to help a tourist out and instead I look like an arsehole. Sure that's my natural state but this wasn't meant to be!

Dude has just hoped on the train and joined me in the awkward entry area where I am with my bike. I'm travelling a short distance and will survive riding sideways in the doorway. This fellow tells me he is heading to Central a d flying home. I suggest that is about a 3 hour train ride and he might be more comfortable sitting in the seats facing forward, the carriage is after all nearly empty...I may have read his body language wrong but it seemed he thought I was telling him to move away from me. Anyway I can see him in the carriage and I'm sure he is more comfortable. Should I go to him and explain the seat can be flipped over so he can ride forwards? I feel that will just compound the problems

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
I just tried to help a tourist out and instead I look like an arsehole. Sure that's my natural state but this wasn't meant to be!

Dude has just hoped on the train and joined me in the awkward entry area where I am with my bike. I'm travelling a short distance and will survive riding sideways in the doorway. This fellow tells me he is heading to Central a d flying home. I suggest that is about a 3 hour train ride and he might be more comfortable sitting in the seats facing forward, the carriage is after all nearly empty...I may have read his body language wrong but it seemed he thought I was telling him to move away from me. Anyway I can see him in the carriage and I'm sure he is more comfortable. Should I go to him and explain the seat can be flipped over so he can ride forwards? I feel that will just compound the problems
You arsehole. Way to give the man a good impression of central coast australia.