Little Things You Hate

stirk

Burner
Do public servants have an age? They all look lifeless to me.

At least when I witnessed a bunch in a cafe in Canberra recently they did not move much for two hours, well, their mouths did lots of bitching but the bodies, motionless.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
I went there the first time a few nights around about then too. I’m not sure I want to go back again and ruin the memories of 2013
Ha ha, yeah, don't do it.

I started my first world trip in Bali, back in '81, and back then Kuta only had one tar road, one hotel, and all the rest of the accommodation was losmen. Legian and Seminyak had no buildings at all and were basically forests. My wife had never been and wanted to go, while I wasn't keen to wreck my memories, but luckily this time we escaped the mayhem to Amed and did two different awesome volcano to coast mtb rides, that added good memories.

Similarly, the second time to Koh Rong off Cambodia, was a bit of a let down compared to the first visit.

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
Chain Reactions - slowly collecting parts for a future build, so keeping an eye on prices. Get a discount code this morning, sweet, will grab that rim and price has gone up, so discount price is the same as the price it was a few days ago...

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
LTIH: tore my hip flexor at the boys rugby training last night...I felt a damn sight older than 62 trying to get up the stairs last night.
My physio tells me sketchy hip flexors are the bane of many a mountain biker... Mine are tight and make annoying clicking noises. Gotta keep them stretched.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Bugger...
Indeed.

My physio tells me sketchy hip flexors are the bane of many a mountain biker... Mine are tight and make annoying clicking noises. Gotta keep them stretched.
I've never had any problem with them before (hamstrings are another issue entirely) and my stretching routine leaves a lot to be desired, I'm putting it down to getting out of the car with no warm up straight into a game of touch- ie going full tilt- in about 90 seconds.

It's pulled up surprisingly well this morning though, from hardly being able to walk last night to a semi comfortable hobble...I'll take that, I was expecting weeks of rehab. A couple of rounds of ice, a few Neurofen and a good nights kip seem to have done wonders, although I still won't be on the trails this weekend.

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
A couple of rounds of ice, a few Neurofen and a good nights kip seem to have done wonders, although I still won't be on the trails this weekend.
I had a couple of twinges in my hip flexors when I started running late last year (don't do it kids). Was tight, painful walking after sitting or lying for a while but, strangely, absolutely no issues when riding. In fact I think the riding helped.

slowmick

38-39"
Whoever selected the bolt length for the SRAM shifter clamps can eat a big of dicks. Shifter popped off this morning 3 minutes into my ride and i couldn't get it to bolt up again with a two or 3 threads sticking out of the clamp. The tapping is deep enough for at least another 5mm of bolt. fuck that guy.

moorey

call me Mia
Whoever selected the bolt length for the SRAM shifter clamps can eat a big of dicks. Shifter popped off this morning 3 minutes into my ride and i couldn't get it to bolt up again with a two or 3 threads sticking out of the clamp. The tapping is deep enough for at least another 5mm of bolt. fuck that guy.
Two words.
‘Gra’ and ‘ms’