Little Things You Hate

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Most of humanity is on autopilot and it shits me how vapid we are.

Went to Bunnings to restock our supply of spray paint for marking up job sites. All the trade packs (12 cans in a box) were out of stock. Buying them all individually costs more than the 12 pack, so I asked if I bought 12, could they do them at the trade pack price? Do you think the numpties could even comprehend what I was asking?
"No, sorry, that's out of stock"
"I know that, but they're the same cans are they not?"
"Sorry, can't help you."
Fuck me dead.

Continuing on that theme, after Bunnings I went to Macca's thinking I'd get a hash brown after an early start. Waited to go through the drive through, finally got to the order station and they say their EFTPOS is down. I ask how much a hash brown is and it's $1.95. I have $1.90 in my wallet in coins. Couldn't do anything for me, so I had to sit in the drive through for 5 minutes waiting for all the other people to drive through and got nothing.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Pretty much. Want better outcomes on all these little issues, vote in a government that invests in the public service instead of demonising them.
Which government is that? Aussie's trust pollies less than they ever have, and it's not that hard to see why.....

moorey

call me Mia

Went to Bunnings to restock our supply of spray paint for marking up job sites. All the trade packs (12 cans in a box) were out of stock. Buying them all individually costs more than the 12 pack, so I asked if I bought 12, could they do them at the trade pack price? Do you think the numpties could even comprehend what I was asking?
"Sorry, can't help you."
Fuck me dead.

Continuing on that theme, after Bunnings I went to Macca's thinking I'd get a hash brown after an early start. Waited to go through the drive through, finally got to the order station and they say their EFTPOS is down. I ask how much a hash brown is and it's $1.95. I have $1.90 in my wallet in coins. Couldn't do anything for me, so I had to sit in the drive through for 5 minutes waiting for all the other people to drive through and got nothing.
Ok Boomer.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Which government is that? Aussie's trust pollies less than they ever have, and it's not that hard to see why.....
Yep, both stripes have become addicted to the easy wins on the back of cheap shots at public servants... One is of course way worse at it than the other and spends way more on outsourcing work to a lesser standard - and then uses the poor outcomes from a defunded deskilled bureaucracy to justify further cuts...

Article in the Canberra Times today about the record levels of public servants who are over it and table flipping. There’s only so much abuse, attacks and undermining you can take...

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They've done their first crag closure at Mt Arapiles. Declaration crag closed. More to come methinks.

Meanwhile the wholesale destruction of sensitive areas, as they create their cash cow Peaks Walking Trail in the Grampians, continues unabated.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I for one, would like them to please put some of that money into MTB trails in the Grampians. At least mountain bikers stay in town and spend money. The average hiker that's going to do a 2 week hike is going to be a van dweller who brings all their own stuff and maybe buys a few things before disappearing into the ether.

Ah who am I kidding. I've already resigned myself to road trips to other areas to ride and spend my money. Still trying to convince the wife its fine to move towns now that her grandpa is in a nursing home. Am I a bad person?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I for one, would like them to please put some of that money into MTB trails in the Grampians. At least mountain bikers stay in town and spend money. The average hiker that's going to do a 2 week hike is going to be a van dweller who brings all their own stuff and maybe buys a few things before disappearing into the ether.

Ah who am I kidding. I've already resigned myself to road trips to other areas to ride and spend my money. Still trying to convince the wife its fine to move towns now that her grandpa is in a nursing home. Am I a bad person?
Not yet...but you'll cross the line soon.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Pretty much. Want better outcomes on all these little issues, vote in a government that invests in the public service instead of demonising them.
You'd have to find one worth voting for first...

All flavours of government have been guilty of trying to sideline their public services for the last 25 years in my experience (Both 'Yes, Minister' and 'The Games' were among the trigger points).

This latest Federal mob are merely realising solid gains based on historical incremental progress. And the various state governments are almost as successful...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

"Sorry, can't help you."
Fuck me dead.

I kind of did something similar. Was on my way to a school meeting after work and was starving. Drove through the local mcDonts and after looking at all the options andand remebering the taste I declined. When the young bloke asked what I wanted I just said I cannot do this to myself. Waited for the cars ahead to be done and drove to the meeting. As I walked in the group waiting gave me a standing ovation, the young bloke was a classmate of my sons and the son of a mother already at the meeting. He recognised me and rang his mum to tell her the story.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All the trade packs (12 cans in a box) were out of stock
Opposite issue at Coles. grab a can off the shelf and it wont scan as someone ripped it from a 4 pack. its th same can, they charge the same in the end but they have different barcodes. What sales system can't handle reporting sales by item or by pack of the same item? It's not like they refuse to sell it to me anyway, and wasn't me who ripped it open. Mot of the time I don't think it has been take from the pack by a customer as its all stacked nicely.

And since I've just had a second trip to the post office and given up due to ridiculous queues for a parcel that should have been safe dropped. I hate aus post.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I'd hazard a guess that a trail that's been in existence since some of these rangers were watching ninja turtles has significantly less cultural or environmental impact than the active wear brigade that flocks to the hills daily to walk up some stairs.

There might be more to it, I didnt say there wasn't, but the way closures and feature removals have been handled of late has been appalling. I completely understand the frustration being vented by these people given recent history. And if it offends, I'd probably recommend finding a new internet, because that was dining table banter compared to the shitshows I see elsewhere.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
This seems relevant

2020 Golden Triangle Epic cancelled

Jpez

Down on the left!
Jaysuz

At least it's not just our neck of the woods? Shit, can't even laugh about it from that angle

...remind me again how this shit house attitude towards a growing sport helps society?

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk
If I was tin foil hat inclined I’d almost say there is a concerted effort in Vic by Parks to push Mtb out!
Certainly a lot going on in various places.