Little Things You Hate

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Was a cracker storm. One massive strike is just off a local fire trail, took a screen shot of its location so I can go and have a look.
Our main offices got hit - evacuation in the middle of the storm...not there, not sure where they evacuated to!

tobbogonist

a registered member
I hate when I am home alone, have cooked some type of large pot based dinner and dish up with a regular sized spoon, in order to save on cleaning, filling the bowl one spoonfull at a time knowing I will soon be taking all those spoonfulls out again and putting them in my mouth.
It is that glimpse into the bleak reality of it all, a never ending cycle of moving things around until I die.
Really frustrating.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
stuff that wont decide if its going to work or not. Monitor died, so I did some googling. turn off and up plug for a hour and try again. Power light goes on for a few seconds and fades out. Ok it's stuffed, its 8 years old and another of the same model died last year so not unexpected. Unplugged now for 3 days and decide to try once more before chucking, and now it works, but for how long? already had new ones in the shopping basket ready to upgrade.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
We had a fair storm day before last. Massive crack of thunder and similtaneous lightning flash. Guess I will pull what is left of the tree down when I do my first mow this summer tomorrow.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Always failing to clip in on the first or second try on the roadie with cars waiting behind... And alway clipping in perfectly first time every time when there isn’t an audience to your cycling incompetence...

Haakon

I assumed the one-sided thing was just for aerodynamics - is there some other reason?
The whole shoe pedal system is different and designed around the different position on a roadie and the fact that you're in a narrow range of movements. Road shoes are always rigid AF and the road pedal is designed to support the shoes best.

Whatever the rationale, the whole setup is efficient but optimised for being in the saddle - walking and clipping is an artform some master better than others...

Last edited:

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
I have them on my roadie which I only use for commuting and don’t think I’m seeing any benefit. Mind you I stopped using the roadie shoes and just use mountain ones so I can look like a regular member of society not a penguin when I alight.

I guess on a 200km expedition in the mountains it might be different

Haakon

I have them on my roadie which I only use for commuting and don’t think I’m seeing any benefit. Mind you I stopped using the roadie shoes and just use mountain ones so I can look like a regular member of society not a penguin when I alight.

I guess on a 200km expedition in the mountains it might be different
If you’re using mountain shoes they’re not roadie pedals

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
I only ever used ATACS, even on the roadies. Same shoes, multiple bikes, zero fucks for the purists. 80-100km every weekend no issues.

Single sided pedals are dumb

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Always failing to clip in on the first or second try on the roadie with cars waiting behind... And alway clipping in perfectly first time every time when there isn’t an audience to your cycling incompetence...
Ride more, race more etc the movement should be second nature and instinctual

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Water on right if from fridge before the mudrain, left is now :(View attachment 359242
I put 5 litres of clear mains water in a clean stainless steel 12 litre urn yesterday (my dog's drinking water). He drank almost half. (it was mid 40's) Today, after the storm, which put about a litre back in, it looked like your tank water, with a visible swirly layer of silt on the bottom.

cooki_monsta

Likes Dirt
Yum.... not

I hate washing the caravan, and cars for that matter. Can’t wait till the kids are old enough to do it for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk