Little Things You Hate

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Don’t forget we jsut gave an order of Australia medal to someone who advocates for “men who are disadvantaged by the family court system”. It’s not surprising there is victim blaming to be found here.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
If I murder some children, I'm a monster, but if I suicide afterward, I'm a victim?

Psychology isn't science. Amateur psychology isn't anything.

Milpool

Have knuckles, will drag
You can put all the money in the world into mental health, doesn't mean everyone who needs the help will seek it out. That motherfucker killed three children and their mother in a nasty arse way. Fuck him.

stirk

Burner
You can put all the money in the world into mental health, doesn't mean everyone who needs the help will seek it out. That motherfucker killed three children and their mother in a nasty arse way. Fuck him.
Premeditated murder. Fuck him.

The tough bloke I don't need help attitude is a tough one to crack. The "R U Ok?" Movement and Beyond Blue is a step in the right direction but as you say the person who needs help needs to seek it or be asked by friends/realtives to.

There was a black dog thread here a while back which showed people are prepared to reach out even on a somewhat anonymous forums. More awareness of available services would be a good start and mandatory councilling for family's going through separation. I don't have the answers just sad.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Would hope that divorce angst things will improve but thats not likely by throwing money at the problem of domestic violence.
IMO generational change will be required so that aggressive type A narcissistic males dont regard their family as possessions to be destroyed in a tantrum.
Good luck with that.. Especially with our society veering so resolutely along the neocon line thats all about "winning" and "protecting whats mine". It breeds racism and shitty divisive politics, but it also breeds agro macho alpha male tossers.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
This whole thing is getting more and more absurd.
Just saw a Facebook share post doing the circulations which has blacked out the guys face and criticising the focus on his circumstances instead of talking about the victims. But they have opened it with #HERNAMEIS HANNA CLARKE.

They're using Fight Club quotes for the cause now? I'm not sure if they're trying to be beautifully ironic, in using one of the more famous quotes from movie about the disenfranchisement of men in society and them fighting (yeah I did that) to reclaim their masculinity and a place in the world, to try and talk about how he gets too much recognition in the media for his behaviour and name the victim. I guess they could be playing a bit more at the "in death, we have a name" trope...but fucking hell...find a more appropriate text to hitch your wagon to there!!

It's almost as genius a move that half the world reads the # symbol as "pound" not "hashtag", and then naming a women's sexual rights movement #MeToo.
So cynical. :eek: I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter.

moorey

call me Mia
I actually hate people who overuse ‘actually’.

Women talking on the wireless earlier today about the trail derailment.

‘Actually, we will know what actually happened when we actually see the actual driver log to check the actual details’