Little Things You Hate

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
The best "vaccine" is usually our own antibodies.
Maybe the sooner we all get a survivable dose of Beer Flu the better?
(FYI - I'm not an anti-vaxer)

droenn

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The best "vaccine" is usually our own antibodies.
Maybe the sooner we all get a survivable dose of Beer Flu the better?
(FYI - I'm not an anti-vaxer)
Thats not how it works - how can antibodies respond to something they haven't seen before? e.g. Influenza constantly mutating hence why flu vaccine needs to change every season too. We don't have any sort of vaccine for covid-19 at this stage.

Most of us on here will be fine, just the isolation periods will interrupt our work and family lives - and those with ageing/unhealthyish parents need to pay closer attention.

Other impacts include my new sunglasses being stuck in HK and shares have dropped a shitload in last few days.

Dales Cannon

Adminerotic
Staff member
Time to go around and do some culling in the plantation. Was easy the first couple of times because the weenies made way for the strong growing saplings but now all are at least 2m high. Need to do it so that the biggest get the lion's share of water and nutrients but it is hard. If I don't cull the bigguns will be held back. Smaller trees are too big for me to transplant, tried that last time. Bugger. I planted the original group in a random pattern rather than rows and columns so taking some out leaves it looking like a natural grove. Bugger.

Haakon

veni, vidi, volanti
Got sent 5 tracking numbers for my $1000 plus order - might be ok if they’re coming in as separate packages...

pink poodle

Our man in Japan
The down side to a big snow fall is all the submerged objects...a small drop this afternoon and landed on a tree or tree stump, just saw a bit of wood sticking up out of the snow when i looked back, and put a (not) nice gouge in the base of my new board. Second last day on snow!

pink poodle

Our man in Japan
better than doing the drop and seeing a bit of bone sticking up out of the snow, shit gets real when the snow gets thin!..
85cm in 2 days, and 20cm a few days ago...it isn't thin just now, but it was pretty thin recently. Naeba (host of a world cup ski event last weekend) had about as much dirt as snow when I was there last week.

FigBo0T

Puts verniers on his headtube
Drama by SMS. It should be illegal. While out walking the dawg, I like to leave my phone at home ..... missed a call .... followed by a message a 2 minutes later ....

"OK I won't contact you again. Sorry"

OK, I guess? o_O

A work colleague who's having a tiff with another one, about (I don't know or care) secret women's business. I was present when they spoke to each other recently. ffs .....

Haakon

veni, vidi, volanti
People who say “my family comes first” when they’re fucking off early and expecting you to take up the slack...

FFS, it’s surely assumed family comes first, you’d be a shitty parent if it didn’t. But don’t expect a round of fucking applause for it.

fatboyonabike

Eats Squid
Drama by SMS. It should be illegal. While out walking the dawg, I like to leave my phone at home ..... missed a call .... followed by a message a 2 minutes later ....
my Mrs got a msg like that from one of my crazy relatives late last week asking for me to give my cousin, my violent abusive junkie ex jailbird thief of a cousin a second chance and welcome him back into my life as he is having a tough time integrating back into society, followed by more dramas with his ex and so on...Im fucking done with extended family, the reason it's called a 'second chance' is you only get one!