Little Things You Hate

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
I once had a mouse living in my ceiling, right above the bedroom, I could hear him scurrying around every night...Until!
Put a baited mouse trap up there..that night I heard the pitter patter of tiny feral little feet, nekminnit, Snap - trap went off.
total silence for about 30 seconds, then I hear what seems to be something very small dragging something hard and wooden with possibly metal on it across the topside of the ceiling sheets..further 2 minutes and the noise stopped
the next day I opened up the roof tiles to retrieve fallen soldier, only to find a 1 meter trail of blood and a dead squeeker in a trap..
I was somewhat relieved that I had temporarily removed my mouse problem, But I did feel that I should have Posthumously awarded Ol Mousey a medal for Gallantry and a hero's funeral... 21 Wheely bin salute.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
I once had a mouse living in my ceiling, right above the bedroom, I could hear him scurrying around every night...Until!
Put a baited mouse trap up there..that night I heard the pitter patter of tiny feral little feet, nekminnit, Snap - trap went off.
total silence for about 30 seconds, then I hear what seems to be something very small dragging something hard and wooden with possibly metal on it across the topside of the ceiling sheets..further 2 minutes and the noise stopped
the next day I opened up the roof tiles to retrieve fallen soldier, only to find a 1 meter trail of blood and a dead squeeker in a trap..
I was somewhat relieved that I had temporarily removed my mouse problem, But I did feel that I should have Posthumously awarded Ol Mousey a medal for Gallantry and a hero's funeral... 21 Wheely bin salute.
Did that with a rat once above the bedroom ceiling - but prior to his expiration he managed to crawl over to the side and fall down into the wall cavity between double brick. We had to move into the spare bedroom for a couple of weeks until the smell stopped... No way of getting it out!

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
Did that with a rat once above the bedroom ceiling - but prior to his expiration he managed to crawl over to the side and fall down into the wall cavity between double brick. We had to move into the spare bedroom for a couple of weeks until the smell stopped... No way of getting it out!
Yep, you have to retrieve the fallen.

nathanm

Eats Squid
I had, what I thought was, a big bloody mouse running around in my roof for over a year after I moved into my current house. So bloody loud when he'd run across the ceiling from room to room and you could often hear him entering the wall cavity from under the house and up into the roof.
Came home one day to find the girl dog had grown big enough and brave enough (about 11 months old) and caught up with, what turned out to be a bloody huge rat, about the size of a ringtail possum.
Not happy with that single effort, later that week she tracked down it's mate and dispatched that one as well.
She got a double serve of tea that night, I bloody hate rats.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I had, what I thought was, a big bloody mouse running around in my roof for over a year after I moved into my current house. So bloody loud when he'd run across the ceiling from room to room and you could often hear him entering the wall cavity from under the house and up into the roof.
Came home one day to find the girl dog had grown big enough and brave enough (about 11 months old) and caught up with, what turned out to be a bloody huge rat, about the size of a ringtail possum.
Not happy with that single effort, later that week she tracked down it's mate and dispatched that one as well.
She got a double serve of tea that night, I bloody hate rats.
Good puppy. My last dog killed the cat...then some mice moved in. Dog was unable to fulfill the cat's job! Damn useless usurper! She did catch a few rats at the compost heap though. Ahhhhhh the good old days. One day I'll have a new dog.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Our Girl Cat will chase anything that moves, in fact I've never seen a cat so active, and brought a baby Brown Snake into the house last week. But she's fluffy and affectionate.

Boy Cat on the other hand is a Farm Cat. Wanders in through the chickens, never touched one. Rats and mice however are a delicacy. Quite often hear him wailing out the front announcing his victory. Mrs George and I were outside yesterday as he trotted past with his sizeable mouse lunch dangling from his mouth

Jpez

Down on the left!
living in Cambodia for a few years lots of critters around. Had a lovely little tree snake living in the tree in the garden.

Came home one evening to find a couple of gifts from the cat. A headless snake. A venomous one and a giant nasty fucker centerpede. About 300mm long and nasty pincers. agonising bite.

No idea how they got onto the house as it was pretty well sealed and the cat was locked in so it couldn’t have brought them in but it made short work of both of them.

Cat was a bit dopey for a couple of days so one of the critters must have tagged him.

stirk

Burner
Something is rotting down in my back yard or creek and I can't find it!

A mate recently had a funny rat situation. He had a 'few' in his roof and told me he'd thrown a bunch of baits about in the roof. I told him he'd be up there soon trying to sniff out the source of the smell. He said nah mate they'll go off and die outside.
Week later and he's up in the roof trying to find the dead stinking rats. Found 8 in total, that must have really stank!

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
LTIH/COTFW: I was browsing on MTB Direct last night as a guest, saw a few items I could do with so popped them in the basket and chucked in a few socks to bump it up to get free shipping...go to checkout prompts me to log on, all good, hit pay. 2 mins get a email reciept...$600...fark...I had stuff sitting in my basket from the last time I was logged on, Bugger.

LPG

likes thicc birds
LTIH/COTFW: I was browsing on MTB Direct last night as a guest, saw a few items I could do with so popped them in the basket and chucked in a few socks to bump it up to get free shipping...go to checkout prompts me to log on, all good, hit pay. 2 mins get a email reciept...$600...fark...I had stuff sitting in my basket from the last time I was logged on, Bugger.
You testing this story on us before you try it with the wife?

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Here's what's annoying me at the moment......... i don't mind paying the "Australia Tax" just for living here on bike parts, sometimes. And i don't mind the bike store getting a bit of margin so the can feed their family.... but this is taking the piss.

Manufacturer website in USD in North America vs Australian Retailers

OneUp Composites = $49USD is $80AUD here. Tick.
RF Chesters = $49USD is $80AUD here. Tick.

Kona Wah Wah 2 = $59USD is $130AUD here!!! WTF.

I get that exchange rates change over time, but let's be honest the AUD has only dropped since stock was purchased so no reason prices should be climbing yet.... but either the Kona distributor is taking the piss, or the shops are, but i'm not buying them (even though i want them) just on principle.

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
A mate recently had a funny rat situation. He had a 'few' in his roof and told me he'd thrown a bunch of baits about in the roof. I told him he'd be up there soon trying to sniff out the source of the smell. He said nah mate they'll go off and die outside.
Week later and he's up in the roof trying to find the dead stinking rats. Found 8 in total, that must have really stank!
My neighbour baits the rats in his woodpile, then they crawl over here and die in my garage. I'd chuck them back over the fence but he has two dogs and I don't want them to get a dose of poison if they eat the rats.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
"new normal"

Fuck off. This isn't normal, this is abnormal. When it is over life will return to normal, some aspects of that will probably be new.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
George Pell not STFU and quietly going away. "oh prison was fine", "oh all the inmates cheered for me"...

WTF. We knew you were getting a cushy ride in there, but how's about not rubbing it in the face of your victims?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
George Pell not STFU and quietly going away. "oh prison was fine", "oh all the inmates cheered for me"...

WTF. We knew you were getting a cushy ride in there, but how's about not rubbing it in the face of your victims?

He has really missed a chance to spread the good word inside the prison.