Little Things You Hate

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hate that queensland gave into the anti vax idiot who suddenly found an adverse reaction in his past he never knew of before. that has to be suspicious enough that it needs a review

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
What year shock is your Cane Creek?
Older ones ran a different eyelet size that required a specific norglide bushing.
It's a 2019 CCDB Inline Coil, but that's no so much the issue here as the discrepancy between the item heading and description on those 2. I figure for the inline I need the 15.07mm, but do I pick the one that matches in the description or the heading? I could just go to Mtb Direct, but that's twice the price so I could just buy both from Pushy's.

I think I might just go to the LBS instead, I ride past them everyday anyway.

creaky

XMAS Plumper
It's a 2019 CCDB Inline Coil, but that's no so much the issue here as the discrepancy between the item heading and description on those 2. I figure for the inline I need the 15.07mm, but do I pick the one that matches in the description or the heading? I could just go to Mtb Direct, but that's twice the price so I could just buy both from Pushy's.

I think I might just go to the LBS instead, I ride past them everyday anyway.
Call or chat them and confirm?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
These hipster shit heads that have just parked behind me...1 gets out to buy take away coffee, not sure how many yet. Car has 2 other fucks in it. They don't turn the engine off ... Fuck you cunts. Your excel sounds like a piece of shit.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
These hipster shit heads that have just parked behind me...1 gets out to buy take away coffee, not sure how many yet. Car has 2 other fucks in it. They don't turn the engine off ... Fuck you cunts. Your excel sounds like a piece of shit.
that's a bummer. are they playing loud & irritating music for cunts, by cunts? Also, some might classify excel ownership as a disability, YMMV.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I thought all the Excels had died ?
Did see one in Queenstown Tassie recently ... it looked like it had been abused ,then abused some more its incredibly long life .....
went like the clappers with Gran-pa at the wheel

stirk

Burner
@rextheute I've been in a modified excel and it did go like the clappers just on upgraded exhaust and refuelling. Excels were only killed by lazy owners who didn't maintain them otherwise I suspect they would last for 50 years.

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hahaha , I actually bought one on in 95 was the first new car I ever bought - went like a little bullet , we set it up for ‘camping’ and travelled all over th East Coast - it did a lot of desert touring , Flinders ranges as far as Ceduna and inland to Ayers Rock !
It was a great little car - better than of the more expensive shot boxes I have owned.........
At present my lowered SSUte goes where it is pointed - I didn’t think the lowered thing thru , the last dirt Rd ( note not gravel Rd ) managed to dent and mangle bits of exhaust .
I’ve owned 4wd but none grab me at present - so Ol’Utey will have to do !

stirk

Burner
@rextheute I piss myself laughing when I see lowered cars on country roads!

The ridge that builds up in the middle of the lane will eat lowered cars underbellys for brekkie.

The corner over the road of my father inlaws place is a nice sweeping corner that people would really fang down and the downhill side built up a ridge on the outer edge that was huge! The last straw for RMS was when a a car got beached on the ridge, after that they had to resurface. Lowered cars and Aussie country roads don't get along well.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I thought all the Excels had died ?
All the bubble shape ones either got driven into the ground or turned into race cars - they were popular as rally cars for a while, as they were light, easily modded and super cheap to replace when binned...

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hahaha , I actually bought one on in 95 was the first new car I ever bought
i think mine was a 92 and it was my first car out of uni- 30-35,000km a year in it, carted me and the dogs all over the place. I think the only thing i spent on it apart from service was a muffler that rusted away. ad a rock chipped headlight that i was going to silicon patch until i found a whole new part was only $80.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
All the bubble shape ones either got driven into the ground or turned into race cars - they were popular as rally cars for a while, as they were light, easily modded and super cheap to replace when binned...
The 1600 twin cam is a good engine. Easily get 200hp. Robust as hell. You get used to hearing them hitting the limiter under the control of the juniors!