Little Things You Hate

nathanm

Eats Squid
people selling second hand gear for higher than the actual retail and people selling flogged out crap for 1/2 the retail price. I know it's been said many times before but it just irritates the hell out of me. yeah your KS Lev dropper was $400 new but scratched up and dropping it's not worth $200 as you can buy several different droppers new for less than that.
Oh and your MT501/500 brakes for $200, yep I can buy that from the LBS for less and it wont need a bleed.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
This new generation of mountainbiker in my area (not young either)
Just why would you post up on a public forum a map of unsanctioned trails in a very sensitive area to greenies ?

Because you're an e-biker who's suddenly experienced the wonders of mtb with zero experience or effort. Now you have to share it with all your clueless buddies.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
i think mine was a 92 and it was my first car out of uni- 30-35,000km a year in it, carted me and the dogs all over the place. I think the only thing i spent on it apart from service was a muffler that rusted away. ad a rock chipped headlight that i was going to silicon patch until i found a whole new part was only $80.
Same vintage as my old Excel goat. Cost me almost nothing overall and spares were usually under $50.

Changed the oil every 5k and it was a 230k when I sold it. My muffler rusted out too and probably due to short drives that didn't give it enough time to get hot enough.

I went through 2 ECUs though. That is a failed to progress moment. I miss my old Goat now and it hauled my bikes everywhere in the back with both wheels on.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
This new generation of mountainbiker in my area (not young either)
Just why would you post up on a public forum a map of unsanctioned trails in a very sensitive area to greenies ?
Building / riding trails in environmentally sensitive areas is one of the worst aspects of MTB though.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Building / riding trails in environmentally sensitive areas is one of the worst aspects of MTB though.
The trails have been there for more than 12 years not harming anyone, a lot of them get used by walkers but why make it public knowingly that they're not sanctioned trails ? The place was originally a quarry, it's not pristine untouched forest of any type.

Last edited:

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
The trails have been there for more than 12 years not harming anyone, a lot of them get used by walkers but why make it public knowingly that they're not sanctioned trails ? The place was originally a quarry, it's not pristine untouched forest on any type.
Fair enough, I don't know the back story - but if you're saying area is sensitive to greenie groups I took it there might be an ecological reason that would prevent sanctioned builds in.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Fair enough, I don't know the back story - but if you're saying area is sensitive to greenie groups I took it there might be an ecological reason that would prevent sanctioned builds in.
This particular group just hates mountain bikers but once you make places like this public in Brisbane, you'll generally get all the fuckwits that make other lines everywhere and try to add new trails to the place. A MTB advocacy group tried to get the trails sanctioned but it caused more problems than it was worth.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
My wife regularly blocks up the pump in the washing machine with hairpins. It’s a two hour job to pull it out, pull it apart and fix it. What I really hate is the cover that greets me every time.
View attachment 363442
also, sideways pics again :(
Those evil engineers from the "Ministry of Crap Design" having the last laugh at Moorey's expense..
do you mind if I post this on LTIL thread?

Plankosaurus

Spongeplank Dalepantski
My wife regularly blocks up the pump in the washing machine with hairpins. It’s a two hour job to pull it out, pull it apart and fix it. What I really hate is the cover that greets me every time.
View attachment 363442
also, sideways pics again :(
I like your little whitegoods dude! How do you remain grumpy with an infectious smile like that to greet you? It's like being mad at a puppy dog

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk