Little Things You Hate

Haakon

veni, vidi, volanti
Depends on the injury(s). Personally, it doesn't do much for me other than take the edge off.
Whereas the slow-acting stuff my wife had, used to send her for an absolute loop and she was off her chops till mid-morning after taking it before bed the night before.
it’s working for me, take it at night when I need to sleep. Panadol and nurofen takes the edge off. But the flare ups of pain still need the endone.

tubby74

Likes Dirt
Depends on the injury(s).
I had a few packets when i came home after last surgery as I found i didnt want or need them after earlier surgery but they gave them to me on discharge. my swollen bowels which had just been reconnected were partly blocked and i was getting incredible cramps every 3 minutes for about 10 days. Endone did nothing for the pain, but pain was so bad i ate them to try and do something. Was the only time I wished we had easy access to legal weed even though I haven't had or wanted it otherwise

nathanm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
didn't read the Canyon disclaimer that they charge in an international currency so my new bike just cost $150 more due to bank fees.

nathanm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Aren’t you handing it back now the Merida is home?
No mate, just waiting to hear back from CGU about either giving it to them or buying it back off of them.

Copper is a rider himself and he's suggested i'm not going to want it back as they have tried to pull parts from it, without the proper tools.

Can't tell if you're asking tongue in cheek, banter, or having a crack though? It has been suggested that I should have just let the thieving scum have it seeing as I got the insurance money. Personally I wanted them caught so that perhaps the police can actually stop these low lifes either stealing or buying stolen property so some other poor rider doesn't get their stuff nicked. But maybe that's just me?

Chriso_29er

Likes Dirt
Aus Post, or what ever there so called courier arm is 'Star Track Express'

You order stuff on-line so you don't have to go and get it right? Kind of important with the crap going on in Vic at the moment.

Idiot rolls up and simply posts a 'sorry we missed you' under the door. Two adults and two kids in the house, not a single knock!
After hearing the noise run out the front to them driving off.
My 7yo tells me they never even brought a package up, he watched them from the front room, must have just pre-written the note in the van and 'delivered' that. Not sure exactly what that achieves? Makes her rounds faster? Weird.

Now have to go out to the post office to pick it up :mad:

moorey

I'm full, couldn't eat another dick
No mate, just waiting to hear back from CGU about either giving it to them or buying it back off of them.

Copper is a rider himself and he's suggested i'm not going to want it back as they have tried to pull parts from it, without the proper tools.

Can't tell if you're asking tongue in cheek, banter, or having a crack though? It has been suggested that I should have just let the thieving scum have it seeing as I got the insurance money. Personally I wanted them caught so that perhaps the police can actually stop these low lifes either stealing or buying stolen property so some other poor rider doesn't get their stuff nicked. But maybe that's just me?
Wasn’t taking the piss. You’d said that all was sweet aside from missing pedals. No mention of damage to other parts unless I missed it.

nathanm

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wasn’t taking the piss. You’d said that all was sweet aside from missing pedals. No mention of damage to other parts unless I missed it.
my bad then. Anxiety is peaking as it looked perfectly fine in the single facebook pic they popped up as it had the bright blue grips and brand new prime saddle. At the "sting" I was hiding behind the cop car so the crim couldn't get a good look at me so only got to have a quick look, confirm it was mine (though the paint chip on the downtube plus the custom grips/saddle) and then got out of there in case "her dad" was hanging around which I'm sure he was.
Now I've got the stress of worrying what the insurance company is going to want to do now I've just spend $5150 ($1k of my own money included) on a new Canyon to replace the bike that I'm getting back which apparently may have been hacked at. I'm not exactly in a position or want to send the new bike back but CGU are welcome to the Merida regardless of what condition its in.

Chriso_29er

Likes Dirt
Enjoy that parcel. Taken below from the Guardian live feed:

Two staff at the StarTrack facility in Tullamarine have tested positive. Both worked while infectious. Cleaning will be undertaken at the site and contact tracing is underway.
Might just leave it at the post office!
It's not bike parts, just something the wife ordered lol

tobbogonist

a registered member

You order stuff on-line so you don't have to go and get it right? Kind of important with the crap going on in Vic at the moment.

Idiot rolls up and simply posts a 'sorry we missed you' under the door. Two adults and two kids in the house, not a single knock!
My 7yo tells me they never even brought a package up, he watched them from the front room, must have just pre-written the note in the van and 'delivered' that. Not sure exactly what that achieves? Makes her rounds faster? Weird.

Mate we had to put a ban on the star track guy at work, an absolute asshole. He'd go off at staff and customers for getting in his way, Drive his van in between the fork and a truck whilst they where unloading, reveresed out the entry multiple times forcing trucks to back up so as not to be hit and would park in the door way of the front and the trade yard, blocking cars whilst he went in then spat it if anyome asked him to move. Just to name a few things.
From what I understand they are all independant contractors so aus post really don't have a leg to stand on when it comes to quality control of drivers.

Flow-Rider

Wheel size expert

Get this all the time here, lazy pricks.

creaky

The obviative
Was home last week (working ;)) and heard a thud noise. Looked out the front window to see a yellow courier van burning off and a box thrown onto the driveway over the 6ft high front fence.

Gotta say, I was cool with that ... Package was some kind of cosmetics for the missus.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt

My awesome postie told me the other day that the Star Track “couriers” get paid per delivery, even if they only deliver a card, so they try to be as quick as possible. On the other hand the Auspost postie gets paid per hour so he’s more than happy to get off his bike, walk to the door and wait for you to answer then have a chat.

slowmick

Eats Squid
Or Auspost postie drives down the driveway to say hi to our 3 year old and give her the parcels. Brings the letters with the parcels. The week he had off our parcels got delivered to a different house further up the street...

beeb

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My awesome postie told me the other day that the Star Track “couriers” get paid per delivery, even if they only deliver a card, so they try to be as quick as possible. On the other hand the Auspost postie gets paid per hour so he’s more than happy to get off his bike, walk to the door and wait for you to answer then have a chat.
^^^ This ^^^

I live quite near the Melbourne western 'burbs distro centre and it's actually quite scary seeing the dozens Star Track vans leaving each morning with parcels piled up to the roof on the front passenger seat.

ozzybmx

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I sent these images to Canyon.

#2 sons $3500 bike, delivered at 8:15am, not picked up by my missus until ~3pm. These are phone photos off my 4K security video I took to send to Canyon.

He didn't even knock the door, rocked up, set it there, may have taken a photo and f#%ked off. The tracking says it was 'Couriers Please' but the footage shows it was Redback Express.

Me... Canyon is this what you expect for your $300 shipping price ?

Canyon... "we pay for the bike to be delivered by 3rd parties but have no control over the companies that do so"

Not the first time I have reviewed footage to see what a slack postie has done.