Little Things You Hate

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I didn't get that far into the specs... The S58 is going to be a superb engine. As for size even my M2 is bigger than my old old E21 3 series. But getting over 1.7t is getting ridiculous.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I didn't get that far into the specs... The S58 is going to be a superb engine. As for size even my M2 is bigger than my old old E21 3 series. But getting over 1.7t is getting ridiculous.
You really mean an M72B54 in an e36 with 6 speed manual transmission.

Closed deck block. Good for lots of boost.

Rip the bitumen up

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I could quite happily take a stelvio for next family car if only i could get over that reputation for falling apart. which alas coming with woeful resale values.
i think the guilia/stelvio is ok for reliability these days, no worse than any other european brand. but just get a guilia - stelvio is dumb... guilia has a decent sized boot and get a roof pod for excess crap if need be.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
i think the guilia/stelvio is ok for reliability these days, no worse than any other european brand. but just get a guilia - stelvio is dumb... guilia has a decent sized boot and get a roof pod for excess crap if need be.
Stelvio is SUV. Stelvio is shit.

Would seriously consider a Guilia Quadrifoglio if I was in the market for an RS4 / C63 type car, and that includes the amount of grief I'd get from my Alfaholic mates I've been happily giving shit to for decades.

Haakon

Stelvio is SUV. Stelvio is shit.

Would seriously consider a Guilia Quadrifoglio if I was in the market for an RS4 / C63 type car, and that includes the amount of grief I'd get from my Alfaholic mates I've been happily giving shit to for decades.
I'd be pretty happy with a ""base" 2.0.... 280bhp is pretty adequate.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
you had a TVR??!
I had two actually and this was before I moved to Australia.

The first was a 2002 Tuscan S (neither of the interior pics are mine as I didn't take a single photo of the interior!).

It was Chameleon Blue with Portland Grey interior..

The second was a couple of years later, a Cerbera 4.5 (single lamp front headlights) which was silver with red interior. Here's a photo of me picking it up from the dealer's house.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
LTIH - ordered a new wheel set for the roadie to replace the DA9000 C24s that are starting to fall apart. 12 hours later a guy posts a set same as I ordered, on FB - local, hardly used, $400 cheaper than I paid for new ones :mad:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Oh well, on the plus side you dont have to use shimano wheels anymore!
To be honest, the Shimano road wheels are great. There's not much that runs as smoothly and reliably on the road, though they're a bit like Mavic in that all the internal rim widths are still stuck in 2002. These have done ~6 years of service without a hitch, but the brake tracks are wearing out, the carbon laminate is starting to flake and I've lost three spokes in the rear in the last 3 months. Anyway, gone to DT for something that'll last another 6 years and the additional benefit of unbeatable ease of servicing.

Haakon

To be honest, the Shimano road wheels are great. There's not much that runs as smoothly and reliably on the road, though they're a bit like Mavic in that all the internal rim widths are still stuck in 2002. These have done ~6 years of service without a hitch, but the brake tracks are wearing out, the carbon laminate is starting to flake and I've lost three spokes in the rear in the last 3 months. Anyway, gone to DT for something that'll last another 6 years and the additional benefit of unbeatable ease of servicing.
eww. rim brakes... insult to injury!

just kidding, some love the old school cup and cone caper and I can see the appeal to an extent. not enough to want to own them again - had some SLX wheels on the first Anthem and they were annoying.

link1896

Mr Greenfield
I was aware that M40 V8s could be dropped into E36s with suspicious ease, almost like they were designed to go in there.... but a V12?
Some conversions put the radiator in the boot with a heap of duct work. Others place the radiator out the front. Popular budget drift car setup in Eastern Europe.