Little Things You Hate

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Yeah, I imagine. Soz dude.
I’m lucky, even though my 2 are polar opposites. Quinn loved the work and would be up at 7am to do the work set the previous evening. I rarely had to lift a finger for her. Felix had to be dragged out of bed at 8.50 to eat breakfast during a 8.55 meeting, and his only motivation was getting it done with as little grief from my wife as possible, so he could jump on the bike or lathe. He used to think if he played dumb, the wife would do the work for him....which she would.... I put a stop to that, and he learned that if he was looking attentive, she’s hover over him and make him do more than the bare minimum ;)
Oldest Boy was sent back to school early because he would straight faced lie about doing his work. The younger two loved every minute and were disappointed to go back. Mrs George on the other hand couldn't get rid of them quick enough.

moorey

call me Mia
Oldest Boy was sent back to school early because he would straight faced lie about doing his work. The younger two loved every minute and were disappointed to go back. Mrs George on the other hand couldn't get rid of them quick enough.
Felix was threatened with the first a few times.

stirk

Burner
My son is 10 and sets his alarm for 5:45am and actually gets up, makes his bed and empties the dishwasher.

Can someone tell me what's wrong with him?
My son is the same, up early and ready for school by 7am and almost no complaints doing chores.

Younger daughter, fark, I need to drag her outta bed and constantly remind her to, eat breakfast, get dressed, brush hair, bring dirty clothes to laundry, go to the toilet, stop talking etc. And chores actually makes her cry, crocodile tears but still puts it on. Her mum's the messiest person I've ever know so there is that genetic transfer maybe of traits, I don't know I'm not a doctor of anyrhing other than my navel.

My kids are opposites.

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
My son is the same, up early and ready for school by 7am and almost no complaints doing chores.

Younger daughter, fark, I need to drag her outta bed and constantly remind her to, eat breakfast, get dressed, brush hair, bring dirty clothes to laundry, go to the toilet, stop talking etc. And chores actually makes her cry, crocodile tears but still puts it on. Her mum's the messiest person I've ever know so there is that genetic transfer maybe of traits, I don't know I'm not a doctor of anyrhing other than my navel.

My kids are opposites.
OMG you just described my 6 year old (7 this month)!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I call absolute BS on this "I'm more productive at home" crap. Sure, if the gubment drops office GFA and saves some money maybe it could balance out but this is the gubment we're talking about.
Well there are less people around the "water cooler" at home, so you can focus better. Plus a lot of people get a bit of a guilty feeling about blushing so much at home and worry they'll get caught, so put in a little extra here and there to feel less guilty. Don't worry it is way less than a real day of working hard non stop. It goes on to show how unproductive the office environment is and that there is a better solution for all involved.

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
My son is 10 and sets his alarm for 5:45am and actually gets up, makes his bed and empties the dishwasher.

Can someone tell me what's wrong with him?
Not much...according to our experience with The Lad. Though our bloke doesn't need an alarm...and bed making is only necessary because of Lego contamination.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Why da fuk are mtb shorts getting shorter?
Two brands I could always rely on for a long inseam have reduced the length by a cm or so in the last season.
Ive since bought 2 shorts with fingers crossed and they too are too short and ride up over the knee pads which we all know is not a good look!
Same happened to Hard yakka work shorts. What was once a nice long cargo short length are more Warrick Capps short! No one wants to see that much of my legs!

For a tall dude with giraffe legs it’s getting damn hard to find a pair of shorts that fit.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Why da fuk are mtb shorts getting shorter?
Two brands I could always rely on for a long inseam have reduced the length by a cm or so in the last season.
Ive since bought 2 shorts with fingers crossed and they too are too short and ride up over the knee pads which we all know is not a good look!
Same happened to Hard yakka work shorts. What was once a nice long cargo short length are more Warrick Capps short! No one wants to see that much of my legs!

For a tall dude with giraffe legs it’s getting damn hard to find a pair of shorts that fit.
You need to buy 'longs', not shorts.
You're welcome.
You guys are wearing pants? I think I know why I get the trails to myself...

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
MTB shorts suck generally, I fucking hate looking for a new pair.

Pockets on the front that make pedalling miserable, either crazy heavy weight fabrics designed for DH that cook you like an oven or crepe paper that tears through in minutes, wacky sizings that don't reflect the fact that cyclists' will on average have bigger thigh circumferences relative to waist size than normal ppl... the list goes on.

Jpez

Down on the left!
MTB shorts suck generally, I fucking hate looking for a new pair.

Pockets on the front that make pedalling miserable, either crazy heavy weight fabrics designed for DH that cook you like an oven or crepe paper that tears through in minutes, wacky sizings that don't reflect the fact that cyclists' will on average have bigger thigh circumferences relative to waist size than normal ppl... the list goes on.
I was recommended DHaRCO for length. Sure enough length is good but the legs are made for skinny 16 year old sik insta kids. Not 48 year olds.