Little Things You Hate

moorey

call me Mia
Fall asleep because they've been on ice for a week.
The problem is when they take these kids away from their parents is that they usually fall victim to bigger vultures in the system. Look up the Tiahleigh Palmer, Larissa Beilby, William Tyrrell cases
Usually? Fuck dude, you really have no idea. Yes, shit things sometimes happen, and they shouldn’t, but I can only assume you know nothing of the horrific abuse 1000’s of kids suffer at the hands of their parents.
Done with this.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Usually? Fuck dude, you really have no idea. Yes, shit things sometimes happen, and they shouldn’t, but I can only assume you know nothing of the horrific abuse 1000’s of kids suffer at the hands of their parents.
Done with this.
I haven't had to call docs for a few years. I miss the work, but I don't miss all the serious stuff that goes with it.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Done with this.
Hey mate I grew up in a very bad area, I know what goes on very well first hand, a few people I knew were tampered with as kids from being put in institutions run by the Catholic Church. Splitting kids up from siblings in one of the worst things that can happen, they should never go to strangers.

"By 2017, the trustees for the De La Salle Brothers reported paying out almost $27 million in response to 219 credible abuse claims — the highest number against any church institution in Australia, and what a judge called “a Gulag right in our midst”.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-26/boystown-abuse-survivors-justice-legal-action/12336012?nw=0

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
I’ve got a news flash for you...horrifically abused kids don’t only come form ‘bad areas’, the institutions you talk of aren’t what I’m talking about (or really even relevant now), sometimes it’s impossible to avoid splitting siblings (everything possible is done), churches don’t run the majority of agencies any more (those that do aren’t the Dickensian hell holes you’re referencing). I worked in schools for over 20 years with disadvantaged kids, and had no idea the cohort I work with even existed. But they do. More than you’d expect. No one talks about them, you don’t see them, and the prospect of a normal life is off the table.
I will never defend or justify the horrors that too many kids have suffered in the system, largely at the hands of the church, but it just isn’t like that any more. There ARE no other options beside residential care for the kids I work with. All family, foster and kinship were explored and continue to be explored daily to get them out of residential care, but for many thousands of kids, it’s the only option.
The 2 agencies I work with are non profit and highly regulated. We handle almost all of the work with kids in out of home care for the region. I’m happy to give you their names if you want to see what a modern, accountable model of care looks like.

Sorry, I’m not having a go at you. People only hear the bad stories, and there’s too many of them, but I could give you countless success stories both big and small. I know I said I was done, but your post just doesn’t reflect what happens now. I wish my job was redundant and my agency was unnecessary, but it’s not, unfortunately.

Flow-Rider

Burner
I’ve got a news flash for you...horrifically abused kids don’t only come form ‘bad areas’, the institutions you talk of aren’t what I’m talking about (or really even relevant now), sometimes it’s impossible to avoid splitting siblings (everything possible is done), churches don’t run the majority of agencies any more (those that do aren’t the Dickensian hell holes you’re referencing). I worked in schools for over 20 years with disadvantaged kids, and had no idea the cohort I work with even existed. But they do. More than you’d expect. No one talks about them, you don’t see them, and the prospect of a normal life is off the table.
I will never defend or justify the horrors that too many kids have suffered in the system, largely at the hands of the church, but it just isn’t like that any more. There ARE no other options beside residential care for the kids I work with. All family, foster and kinship were explored and continue to be explored daily to get them out of residential care, but for many thousands of kids, it’s the only option.
The 2 agencies I work with are non profit and highly regulated. We handle almost all of the work with kids in out of home care for the region. I’m happy to give you their names if you want to see what a modern, accountable model of care looks like.

Sorry, I’m not having a go at you. People only hear the bad stories, and there’s too many of them, but I could give you countless success stories both big and small. I know I said I was done, but your post just doesn’t reflect what happens now. I wish my job was redundant and my agency was unnecessary, but it’s not, unfortunately.
Not doubting a lot of what you're saying but you'll find a lot of child abuse in these institutions went or goes unreported most of the time, it's come out in a royal commission that over 4000 sexual abuse victims have come forwards from 1980 to 2015 reported from the Catholic Church alone not mentioning any other institutions, also not mentioning other types of abuse. It's known that many victims don't come out about child abuse until they have families themselves, even then when victims name other known victims to them in courts from the same perpetrator they rarely get involved.

The De La Salle Brothers offered small payments at one stage to child abuse victims to keep quiet in relation to the Boys Town incidents in Beaudesert Qld, which I think has since been overturned, I knew 5 people very well that went there as kids and the stories were horrendous back then. Foxtel has even made a Doco about Westbrook boys’ home in Toowoomba, Queensland that closed in 2012. The true figure of it all is unrepresented in my opinion, it's one evil up against the other.

nathanm

Eats Squid
people who offer their unwanted opinions on your Facebook post.

popped up my pretty pink and blue frame for sale. Not only did I get a comment criticising me for leaving the BB in and painting over it but some wanker decided to go as far as messaging me saying I shouldn't have left the BB on it.

What motivates people to actually go so far out of their way to message you their perceived critique, then get offended when you give them a spray for being an idiot.

The BB was left in as it's fully cooked, splines and bearing were shot so it was removed and hand tightened back on as it was easier than trying to tape up the shell.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member

popped up my pretty pink and blue frame for sale. Not only did I get a comment criticising me for leaving the BB in and painting over it but some wanker decided to go as far as messaging me saying I shouldn't have left the BB on it.

What motivates people to actually go so far out of their way to message you their perceived critique, then get offended when you give them a spray for being an idiot.

The BB was left in as it's fully cooked, splines and bearing were shot so it was removed and hand tightened back on as it was easier than trying to tape up the shell.
Yeah don't leave the BB in, it will cause destabilisation in the Baltic states and you know what that means.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

Fuck me!!! You left the bottom bracket in when you painted it? That is fucking nuts man. I can't believe you didn't cause a rift in the time-soace continuum! Are you sure you're ok? How the fuck do we know this is actually now? You may have fucked a all over...was 2020 a good year where you came from? Maybe we can harness your machine and go back there...correct the wrongs?

#make2020greatagain

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
So...I was having today off. 2 days off in a row, oh the dream! Instead I did a favour for one of my colleagues and as a result the day just kept taking a shit on me. A mellow shift turned into 12 hours of nonstop "fuck me!!!" Climaxing with finding a freezer that had been erroneously turned off over the weekend in what should have been the beginning of my last hour of work. Well actually the 3rd version of my last hour of work. The could pool of icecream that had evolved in the bottom of that freezer was gross.

And I wore my new shoes! Lucky they didn't get soaked in freeze goo when I rolled that piece of shit over and poured out the grossness.