Little Things You Hate

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Not ‘deemed’.
Coon, despite attempts to link a surname to it, was actually unrelated, and it was a widely used racial slur both here and abroad.
I don't know the history behind the name but I'm struggling to believe a white-imperialist named that cheese an informal derogatory slur on purpose.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
I don't know the history behind the name but I'm struggling to believe a white-imperialist named that cheese an informal derogatory slur on purpose.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
I’m not saying it was on purpose...it was named that knowing full well of the slur. They used to claim it was named after a yank called Coon who invented a process unrelated to the cheese in question...and have admitted as much.
Regardless, contexts chance, things that got a pass ‘just coz’ in the past, don’t get to keep being inappropriate just because they’ve been that way in the past. Logical fallacy: Argument from antiquity.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Trying to buy new parts for a build - can’t just get all the bits at one shop - I’m not trying to buy weird stuff either - full Shimano drive train - hope hubs that’s about it
Good luck finding a lot of shimano parts at the moment. Stocks are low everywhere it seems

moorey

call me Mia
I could just go 11 spd works out cheaper and easier to find
True, but larger cassettes on 11sp are hit and miss. 11-46 shimmy is ugly and heavy. E13 9-46 are expensive an a bit fragile. Felix runs an XD sunrace 10-46. It’s solid, works well, but heavy.
Some of my bikes worked with up to 46 with GS XT, others didn’t, and are fickle even with a goat link. I’ve mainly stuck with 10-42’s and not worried about the wider range.