Little Things You Hate

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Yup that too.

In England (or pretty much any other country), population centres are more distributed. I don't know enough about Australian urban history to understand why we're not
Because once you get too far from the coast, or a decent river, it's an inhospitable hell.
and why rail isn't mandated as part of urban sprawl consideration (housing density too low?)
Because oil lobbying and fuel excise titty suckling guvmnts.

Been so long, I'm a rookie again.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A job in the field they invested several years of their life in education for?
That's an easy one...stop making your occupation such a significant part of your identity.

Do people still drive to do their work?
Sadly...so very sadly...my casual observations still support my confirmation bias that Newcastle may not be the steel city anymore, but it is damn well the city of the single occupant automobile!
Move somewhere else ya fucking sooks.
Pretty much...can't afford the inner city chick house? Bad luck. Save up, change your expectations, life elsewhere. I would have loved for my first home to be a beach front mansion, instead I purchased the crack den I could afford.

Alternatively...buy a house you can afford and lease it out, maybe buy another, maybe buy some shares, build yourself a portfolio of diverse investments and grow your wealth. Buying a house is never an easy thing to do. I wish people would stop pretending it has only suddenly become a difficult thing.

Also...don't kid yourself that stopping buying coffee and smashed avo in cafes is worthwhile. It isn't...life is too short for home jobbing the important stuff.

Petero

Likes Dirt
, instead I purchased the crack den I could afford.
Sames. Many years later... Still here. Fk Perth real estate.

Thankfully the full face tatt and baseball bat carrying resident in the crack den downstairs has vacated in his modified Audi A8 since he was illegally residing in said crack den.

Hate that it's dodgy AF (the ladies always decline the invite upstairs - it's the place, not my face...) and can't fit more than 4 mates in the combined living/dining/theatre/lounge/maintenance/office room, but hey, it's a roof over my head and I'm not in mortgage stress so I can buy bike parts...