Little Things You Hate

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Why the hell is it not only takeaway?
Because only "greater" Sydney is locked down, the rest of NSW is busy pretending there is nothing wrong. Like absolutely nothing wrong...bars and cafes are packed, supermarkets have plenty of toilet paper, people congregation as they wish. I'm still running a bar for small live events at one job. Do I think it's wise? Shit no...but money tastes good while no money tastes like burnt arse, so I'll work as much as I can now with a very strong suspicion a wider shut down is on the way. I didn't work for about 8 months last year and there was fuck all support available to me from the government despite them looking at all my affairs under a microscope. Being I was off work for 3 months holidaying prior to the covid outbreak I was rather unprepared for that financial black hole.

I don't mind this action of take away cups etc (though it isn't widespread here) they are taking it just shits me that they are too lazy to keep the place clean as well. As a little fuel to the intergenerational fire you'll not be surprised to hear that the customers who most frequently kick up a fuss about take away cups or not being to dine in are old people. They are also usually the ones (around here) most resistant to signing in, sanitising their hands, social distancing, using electronic payments, and wearing a mask. I've had people walk out on me this week when I have directed have directed them to the QR code or asked where their mask is. "oh I am just out for a walk...I don't need one" ummmm yes you do if you are coming in here. It is a condition of entry. "Huff huff huff...Stimpy feet".

I rode past a newly opened play area this morning and was so surprised by the total lack of any precautions by the large crowd gathered I almost stopped for a photo...but of course I swiftly realised that would look incredibly suss of me and just kept on riding. No masks, no social distancing, no fears at all.

I could, if need be, still ride a train from Newcastle right into the heart of Sydney or the reverse of that. That's right - the trains servicing my area begin/end their journey in Sydney and aren't stopped or cleaned until the other end of the line despite the "boundary" of the lockdown actually being perfectly defined by 2 train stations that are next to each other. One of my chums as recently couldn't understand why I wasn't so keen to get a train down to his house...2 stops from the boundary. As for the cleaning of trains and buses it is a fucking joke to witness.

I rode past a removalist truck on Thursday and got goose bumps!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Because it's the Gold standard state mate!
I have been touting the old slogan - open for business a lot. I recently found out it has changed! I can't find it now as search jus brings up covid relief info. It may as well be business before people.

Of course takeaway margaritas aren't going to pass the 'pub' test. They're a 'bar' drink.

Not sure about Victoria, but since last year take away liquor has been very relaxed here. I purchased a take away margarita last year and rode down the empty street drinking it. The vendor still charged me their full price which I thought was a bit cheeky!

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Not sure about Victoria, but since last year take away liquor has been very relaxed here. I purchased a take away margarita last year and rode down the empty street drinking it. The vendor still charged me their full price which I thought was a bit cheeky!
One of the local pubs where I live has been offering take-away cocktails since mid-last year. The system hasn't been abused although I'm not sure how popular they've really been. I had a very average mojito delivered with a takeaway laksa a few weeks ago. Wasn't impressed.
To be honest you could get a better 'artisinal pre-made in a jam jar' version for much cheaper from the pub's own bottle-shop.

While I'm on the subject though. Looking back on happier times, I absolutely love how if you order a beer in any bar in the French Quarter in New Orleans they'll give you the option of having it 'to go'. The cocktail kiosk stands serving 'hurricanes' and 'zombies' were also a big hit!

sane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Filthy rock’n’roll bar Cherry was doing cocktail delivery through the last lockdown. I particularly liked the look of the “Acca-Daquiri”

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Bloody Fkn Pallachook and her Olympics.
Its a holiday.

Alcohol and MTB... enjoy your long weekend :p

The lockdown in south-east Queensland started at 4pm today and will continue until 4pm on Tuesday.
The only reason to leave home will be to buy essentials, such as groceries and shopping, work if you can't work from home, exercise within 10 kilometres of your home and healthcare, including vaccinations.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
As I've spent most the afternoon reading the comments section of my local paper, I've got a couple of bugs to bear.

How fucking hard is it to be able to correctly spell the words 'losing' and 'border'? A 'boarder' is a tenant or 'hip' slang amongst the kids for one who rides a snowboard. Loosing isn't even a fucking word. Just look at it for fucks sake!!!

I swear it's a bloody epidemic.

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
As I've spent most the afternoon reading the comments section of my local paper, I've got a couple of bugs to bear.

How fucking hard is it to be able to correctly spell the words 'losing' and 'border'? A 'boarder' is a tenant or 'hip' slang amongst the kids for one who rides a snowboard. Loosing isn't even a fucking word. Just look at it for fucks sake!!!

I swear it's a bloody epidemic.
As has been said before, two pandemics: covid and stupidity.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
One of the local pubs where I live has been offering take-away cocktails since mid-last year. The system hasn't been abused although I'm not sure how popular they've really been. I had a very average mojito delivered with a takeaway laksa a few weeks ago. Wasn't impressed.
To be honest you could get a better 'artisinal pre-made in a jam jar' version for much cheaper from the pub's own bottle-shop.

While I'm on the subject though. Looking back on happier times, I absolutely love how if you order a beer in any bar in the French Quarter in New Orleans they'll give you the option of having it 'to go'. The cocktail kiosk stands serving 'hurricanes' and 'zombies' were also a big hit!
I was surprised that people were enthusiastic about take away or delivery for cocktails. The prevalence of ice in their preparation and service is not compliant with traveling vast distance to consumption. Most aren't that hard to make at home and if you're locked down with nothing else to do why not crack open the recipe book or some you tube tutorials...oh wait! That's right, most you tube tutorials for cocktails make Seth and his buddies look like legends.

moorey

call me Mia
I was surprised that people were enthusiastic about take away or delivery for cocktails. The prevalence of ice in their preparation and service is not compliant with traveling vast distance to consumption. Most aren't that hard to make at home and if you're locked down with nothing else to do why not crack open the recipe book or some you tube tutorials...oh wait! That's right, most you tube tutorials for cocktails make Seth and his buddies look like legends.
It’s not about the cocktail. It’s about the defiance.