Little Things You Hate

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A mid range phones are all you need these days and the only ones with the elusive jack. Get down market and be happy
that seems like the option. I dont need a great processor or screen, longer battery for tethering the laptop during the hours spent beside kids football training and a 3.5mm slot and im happy

i dont generally hate high schoolers in the gym but i wish they'd teach some basic etiquette at schools alongside basic financial skills. and hygiene. definitely some need lessons in hygiene

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Fucking AusPost. Skip to another post if you don't want to read me raging out. I had some sympathy for them before this, but trying to get some assistance with a lost parcel has been eye-opening.

Parcel (new bike frame in a box) arrived into Sydney on the 8th, and then to the local distro centre (5.2km away from the delivery address via major arterial roads) on the 15th. Estimated delivery on the 19th. I followed their request on the tracking page (first mistake) and didn’t lodge an enquiry until two days ago. Now this shit:

Forget about "within 5 business days", it's already 9 days past the "estimated delivery date". Oh, but they'll look into it. 12 days from now. Called them. You can't speak to the investigation team. There is no way to get updates. There is no overview or even an outline of the investigation process. Parcel either arrives or it doesn't. Fucking motherfucking useless fucking fucksticks.

It's only a bike frame after all, it probably fell behind the driver's seat in the van or something.

I get they're busy, I really do - it's not actually the glacial pace that annoys me - it's the fact they clearly have no processes in place and haven't learnt anything or adapted at all in the last 18 months. I suspect from a slip of information accidentally given away during the phone call I had, that they've sent the parcel on from the distro centre to a local depot, but haven't scanned it on arrival and now have no idea where it is.

This is the sum total of its international tracking movements - just two listed movements once in the country.

No wonder they've got so many ads on the radio whining about how busy they are currently. They're totally backed up tripping over all the things they send between depots without scanning or delivering.

But you want to know the real icing on the cake?

This bit of irony that makes me want to visit the Auspost CEO and gouge his fucking eyes out with my thumbs:

"It's on its way"

Last edited:

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Out of lockdown, booked a weekend in an airbnb at Dromana for the full four days coming up this weekend, took this coming Monday off, crammed work week (including working last weekend) and bodged a bunch of shit to make it happen. First time actually being able to ride proper trails at Red Hill on the new bike....

....Red Hill is closed due to storm damage.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Out of lockdown, booked a weekend in an airbnb at Dromana for the full four days coming up this weekend, took this coming Monday off, crammed work week and bodged a bunch of shit to make it happen. First time actually being able to ride proper trails on the new bike....

....Red Hill is closed due to storm damage.
Yep. There were a few of us riding there this weekend. I still got a few teeth left. Not many. Anyone want to finish them off??

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Yep. There were a few of us riding there this weekend. I still got a few teeth left. Not many. Anyone want to finish them off??
Half tempted to just go knocking on doors until I find who's doing maintenance / trail clearance and offer to help. Not like I'll have much else to do down there, apart from sit in a brewery all day. Hmmmm.....

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Half tempted to just go knocking on doors until I find who's doing maintenance / trail clearance and offer to help. Not like I'll have much else to do down there, apart from sit in a brewery all day. Hmmmm.....
I look forward to seeing the "features" you build with a bit of Dutch courage onboard. :p

Jpez

Down on the left!
Could be worse place to be stuck for a weekend. But still…

ausdb

Being who he is
Having to do a little bit of weldings, finding both self darkening helmets are pfucked because they haven't been used in ages. Having to do the job with an old school helmet that's about one shade too dark to really see what I was doing. Twas like playing playing blind man's buff with an intermittent sparkler.
Suggest people get @Dales Cannon to weld up their DIY bike rack kits.

Last edited:

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
Having to do a little bit of weldings, finding both self darkening helmets are pfucked because they haven't been used in ages. Having to do the job with an old school helmet that's about one shade too dark to really see what I was doing. Twas like playing playing blind man's buff with an intermittent sparkler.
Suggest people get @Dales Cannon to weld up their DIY bike rack kits.
Never, my welding is shit remember... I learned that lesson twice now. Spare battery in tool box. Or set it to grind to prolong the life.

ausdb

Being who he is
Never, my welding is shit remember... I learned that lesson twice now. Spare battery in tool box. Or set it to grind to prolong the life.
I thought that was only across ways welding?
Helmet 1 is a CIG weldskill and helmet 2 an Aldi special, neither have replaceable batteries :(
What are you using?