Little Things You Hate

moorey

call me Mia
I don’t think it’s weird for a mid 50s man to never have been married, but I do find it weird that they would have such a chip on their shoulder about others doing it and being so critical of them.

moorey

call me Mia
A lot of people I meet for the first time assume I'm married. It's not "pushed" as such (outside of religious folk), but clearly the expected "norm" for a mid-thirties male. Which I find ironic given divorce rates these days.
I think it has a lot to do with the circles you move in. Definitely in my hometown with a more conservative population, there is an assumption, but I wouldn’t say there is in the circle of people I associate with outside of my family.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I think it has a lot to do with the circles you move in. Definitely in my hometown with a more conservative population, there is an assumption, but I wouldn’t say there is in the circle of people I associate with outside of my family.
This is just general metro/suburban randoms - new neighbours, customers at work, suppliers, etc...

safreek

A lot of people I meet for the first time assume I'm married. It's not "pushed" as such (outside of religious folk), but clearly the expected "norm" for a mid-thirties male. Which I find ironic given divorce rates these days.

I'm not against the idea in principle, but also don't feel any "need" to be. Find the right person, it'd be nice. But I'm not holding my breath...
Totally agree, you are a very sensible person.
I have been within 2 weeks of being married before I backed out. Fucked if I was living my whole life in Port Augusta.
No ragrets to be honest as I have always been spontaneous, not possible when married unless you are so in tune with each other that you are like brother and sister

moorey

call me Mia
Totally agree, you are a very sensible person.
I have been within 2 weeks of being married before I backed out. Fucked if I was living my whole life in Port Augusta.
No ragrets to be honest as I have always been spontaneous, not possible when married unless you are so in tune with each other that you are like brother and sister
View attachment 387432
Dude, you really do have a warped view on relationships and marriage.
Point on the doll to where the married person touched you?

Edit. If you’re in a relationship that stops you from doing what’s important to you, news flash, you’re not in a relationship, you’re in a trap.

Last edited:

safreek

Dude, you really do have a warped view on relationships and marriage.
Point on the doll to where the married person touched you?
Not relationships, just marriage. Soo, you would live in Port Augusta for the rest of your life, it's even worse than Victoria if that's possible.

moorey

call me Mia
Not relationships, just marriage. Soo, you would live in Port Augusta for the rest of your life, it's even worse than Victoria if that's possible.
Why would being married tie you to living in one place for the rest of your life? People do that, not bits of paper.
I don’t know PA, but if it’s as bad as this hell hole Victoria, pass. You wouldn’t like it here.