Little Things You Hate

safreek

Why would being married tie you to living in one place for the rest of your life? People do that, not bits of paper.
I don’t know PA, but if it’s as bad as this hell hole Victoria, pass. You wouldn’t like it here.
Once the bit of paper is there it does actually make a big difference. She wanted to be around family forever, I wanted our own life.

Not sure whether you understand the person and paper are one and the same, provided you believe in loyalty

safreek

I still don't understand what marriage has to do with this?
Hopefully you read the last bit I wrote, if I married her it would of meant being stuck where she wanted to live, I don't believe in divorce either but what happens when I wish to move to the city. Only thing it means breaking up wouldn't it. No point being married and living in different places.

moorey

call me Mia
Once the bit of paper is there it does actually make a big difference. She wanted to be around family forever, I wanted our own life.

Not sure whether you understand the person and paper are one and the same, provided you believe in loyalty
Lol, lectures on loyalty and commitment from the supercoach. Gold.

Long term relationship breakups can be equally messy with or without a bit of paper. If you don't want to get married, don't, but your reasoning, logic and justification around it, and your judgement of those who do, is a pisser.

moorey

call me Mia
Hopefully you read the last bit I wrote, if I married her it would of meant being stuck where she wanted to live, I don't believe in divorce either but what happens when I wish to move to the city. Only thing it means breaking up wouldn't it. No point being married and living in different places.
I want you to re-read that when you're sober.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.

Can confirm through personal experience you don’t need marriage papers to qualify for lawyers if a long term relationship goes belly up.
I skipped the party and vows and went straight to “binding financial agreement” courtesy of ex Mrs Ultra.
Like the solicitor said, true love is temporary, divorce lasts forever. It’s the same process as a married couple separating if your defacto.

moorey

call me Mia
Can confirm through personal experience you don’t need marriage papers to qualify for lawyers if a long term relationship goes belly up.
I skipped the party and vows and went straight to “binding financial agreement” courtesy of ex Mrs Ultra.
Like the solicitor said, true love is temporary, divorce lasts forever. It’s the same process as a married couple separating if your defacto.
Yep. Watching an unmarried mate currently going through with this. Only the lawyers will win.
Seen the same with married couples of course, as you say, defacto/married, same same.
Of course. Saffy will have a prenup for even a defacto. Aint no one getting that sweet crypto or cannondales...

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Going through this atm too, definitely don't need to be married to enjoy the wonderful legal processes of separation and property settlement.

Marriage only exists as a societal expectation. That, and reinforcing the patriarchy.

safreek

Sorry to here that, I'm more talking about the paper making your life intertwined, not in the financial sense.
Hope you win

safreek

Yep. Watching an unmarried mate currently going through with this. Only the lawyers will win.
Seen the same with married couples of course, as you say, defacto/married, same same.
Of course. Saffy will have a prenup for even a defacto. Aint no one getting that sweet crypto or cannondales...
Never with the prenuptial, to be honest any long term relationship I have had in the past I have been more than happy to hand over the bulk of assets, why do you think I have fuck all now.
If I won millions I would most likely hand a couple of them a wad of cash. I have only ever left one relationship on bad terms. I guess I'm pretty lucky really

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Day 9 of the spicey cough in our house and my daughter tests positive. She was allowed back at school today with a negative test. She's had a cough for weeks but always tested negative - we thought she contagion monkey and had got over it - seems not. This is fucked.
That's crap Mick. Hope you and the family start to feel a bit better soon.

safreek

I want you to re-read that when you're sober.
No, you don't know the full story.
Unfortunately some people stay in places because of family ties, they don't consider their own safety.
Fuck fighting an ex whenever he feels like getting drunk and starting trouble.

moorey

call me Mia
Never with the prenuptial, to be honest any long term relationship I have had in the past I have been more than happy to hand over the bulk of assets, why do you think I have fuck all now.
If I won millions I would most likely hand a couple of them a wad of cash. I have only ever left one relationship on bad terms. I guess I'm pretty lucky really
It’s always tough talking to you. You never know which @safreek you’re going to get.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Going through this atm too, definitely don't need to be married to enjoy the wonderful legal processes of separation and property settlement.

Marriage only exists as a societal expectation. That, and reinforcing the patriarchy.
Even if things go smoothly, it’s still shit. I feel for you mate.

Sorry to here that, I'm more talking about the paper making your life intertwined, not in the financial sense.
Hope you win
Theres no winning. I kept the house I bought, still left me feeling hollow. Just took time to get over it.

safreek

It’s always tough talking to you. You never know which @safreek you’re going to get.
Just never found a need for bitterness, only one girlfriend do I hold bitterness towards, totally justified.
When a relationship is over you should covet the great times and not mull the bad times

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
All ribbing aside, who is pushing anyone to get married these days? Remove religion from the equation, that’s an entirely different matter, but is there a push to do it these days at all? Maybe, but if so, I don’t see it.
Yes...the pressure to conform is still a very real expressed thing, same as having children. From my casual observations both seem more frequent for woman. I still cop both (in my mid 40s for fuck's sake...) from most angles (not just family) directly and indirectly. I think mum has finally given up on me siring any grandchildren. Dad is about the only one who hasn't ever hassled me.