Little Things You Hate

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I should have known better - As you were
No, seriously - the private system is just a drain on the public system. The reason its underfunded is because the national health spend goes to private sector profits.

You'd have to be a dedicated Thatcher disciple to think a privatised health system offers any benefits...

BurnieM

Likes Dirt
But its what we have now, good or bad.
In the current environment I will not be letting my Gold insurance go any time soon.

Flow-Rider

Burner
but sports balls!!!!!
Fuck that too, but seriously, my neighbor waited 3 years for a knee replacement, he was 60 and still worked on a small farm. It was painful just watching him hobble around. When you get old the public health system tends to ride you off, and it can impact the quality of your life severely.
But its marginally less useless than funnelling cash into the bottom lines of multinational health corporates....
The private sector is full of crooks no doubt, the Haematologists referred my uncle to a surgeon to get his lymph node cut out, and the surgeon rode the private cover like no tomorrow, made all these unnecessary appointments, and then asked for more money because the private insurance wasn't enough.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Fuck that too, but seriously, my neighbor waited 3 years for a knee replacement, he was 60 and still worked on a small farm. It was painful just watching him hobble around. When you get old the public health system tends to ride you off, and it can impact the quality of your life severely.

The private sector is full of crooks no doubt, the Haematologists referred my uncle to a surgeon to get his lymph node cut out, and the surgeon rode the private cover like no tomorrow, made all these unnecessary appointments, and then asked for more money because the private insurance wasn't enough.
My Mum has done ok with a new knee and a new hip out of the public system. You do need to play it a bit unfortunately - basically scream bloody murder about the pain etc all the time - if you dont push it actively a lot you'll not get moved up the list ever...

cammas

Seamstress
LTIH - fuckin e-scooters was going along Southbank after work, pissing down rain and this knob comes flying out of some walkway. I tried braking ended up in a slide, off the brakes and somehow kept it upright but he was too busy talking to his mate to see me, his bar’s hooked on my left elbow. Again somehow kept it upright but took his hire scooter with me with him just standing there like a stunned mullet, he was all good and still on his feet. The old elbow is a little red but not sure if my chamois will be the same.

rockmoose

his flabber is totally gastered
LTIH - fuckin e-scooters was going along Southbank after work, pissing down rain and this knob comes flying out of some walkway. I tried braking ended up in a slide, off the brakes and somehow kept it upright but he was too busy talking to his mate to see me, his bar’s hooked on my left elbow. Again somehow kept it upright but took his hire scooter with me with him just standing there like a stunned mullet, he was all good and still on his feet. The old elbow is a little red but not sure if my chamois will be the same.
How was his peanut head, after you clocked him with his stupid e-shitter?

cammas

Seamstress
No, I meant after you gathered yourself and clubbed him with his toy.
Once I seen he was okay I just kept going and from chatting to my daughter looks like he was on an Uber scooter so any damage to it, he’s liable.
Currently sitting on the couch with a throbbing elbow about to have some pain killers, little fucker.
But still beats driving to work, I’ve stepped up the riding this week by riding to my local station, so I’m commuting 4 days this week so that should get me 80k’s plus whatever the weekend adds, so probably another 60.With daylight savings starting this weekend, I’ll be hopefully stepping it up another notch next week with some long way home rides once or twice a week.