Little Things You Hate

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
I just can't watch it. It brings on the PTSD.
Same, I felt like Working Dog were having a crack at me personally for a while. Frontline while I was at school daydreaming about being a journalist, Hollow Men came out when I was a fresh faced political advisor and then Utopia came along right when I was starting project management. Nothing like coming home from a slog at work only to have the complete piss taken out of your career choices.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Probably inundated with blown X2s and un-lubed new forks.
I really need to remove the finger and drop the lowers on the Orange's 34s... Havent opened them yet since new and I just know they'll be drier than a nun's nasty in there.

Haakon

Same, I felt like Working Dog were having a crack at me personally for a while. Frontline while I was at school daydreaming about being a journalist, Hollow Men came out when I was a fresh faced political advisor and then Utopia came along right when I was starting project management. Nothing like coming home from a slog at work only to have the complete piss taken out of your career choices.
Mate at work was miffed when Hollowmen made it so he couldn't use a few of his favourite buzzwords anymore. I always maintained that show should be in the induction pack for any new public servant!

Scotty T

Walks the walk
I just can't watch it. It brings on the PTSD.
I wasn't overly impressed with the new stuff, maybe it's just getting a bit tired and recycled. Of course, the enders in the credits are always spot on and didn't disappoint.

The main thing they have a crack at is the ministers themselves which is fair enough. It does make one cringe every time a Utopia moment happens at work though, they are inevitable when departments/agencies serve ministers.

Haakon

The only saving grace is that Utopia is centred on a Federal government department. Unfortunately, their by extension game to State level is spot on despite it being comparatively underfunded...
Sadly it works at all levels of government. A local council one would be very depressing to watch...

Dales Cannon

lightbrain about 4pm
Staff member
I have worked for a loooong time with all three levels and any elected official is just doing what they need to to get / stay elected. On the other hand the govt employees are better and local is much better than state who are considerably better than federal. I am working on some local volunteer projects and these involve state and local gov. The only decent contact so far are local employees. Unless you want a photo shoot and arsebook / insta etc.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Impromptu fridge clean out.

What the fuck is that smell?

Hmmmm...like vinegar and something, almost a little sweet.

Hey where are my pickled onions?

Seems I had knocked them over in the back of the fridge and spilt the juice.

Flow-Rider

Burner
Impromptu fridge clean out.

What the fuck is that smell?

Hmmmm...like vinegar and something, almost a little sweet.

Hey where are my pickled onions?

Seems I had knocked them over in the back of the fridge and spilt the juice.
I hadn't closed a lid properly on a soy sauce bottle once, fuck does that shit make a huge mess.

cammas

Seamstress
LTIH - Driving halfway to work then to realise my swipe card and keys are at home but if I had ridden in like I was planning to they would’ve been in my jacket pocket, which is where I left them.
Now working from home today as I’m driving back in again with peak hour traffic and let’s just say I have a wee bit of a bruise on my thigh after my lie down in the ferns, as per my “what did you with your bike” post :rolleyes: hence the driving.

tubby74

Likes Bikes and Dirt
LITH, kid has a flat. of course I have tubes in every size, including sizes i dont have bikes for., but not a 24". Go into neaest store which is unfortunately 99 bikes. grab a patch kit and wait at the counter. Only person at the counter is ringing up another customer. but wait they want to look at some other accessory. now they're done. But he's going to get someone to check the bike. no he's going to do it himself. 10 minutes of waiting I just gave up and went elsewhere for a tube to get the kid riding, ordered a new patch kit from amazon

safreek

3 LTIH: all in one day.
Asked my brother to pick up a bike for me, only really chasing the fork, somehow he couldn't find the place grrr
Screenshot_2023-06-13-09-00-15-78_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Second thing, went to the Goldy to pick up a 26 inch Norco dually, when I got there it was a piece of shit hardtail.

3rd LTIH, fucken tick in my belly button, didn't notice until yesterday, talk about swelling

PJO

in me vL comy
LTIH: Riding to work today only got 5min in and suffered an attack of vertigo, never had one before, what a bizarre feeling. Rang the missus and she came and picked me up so I'm WFH today.
LTIL: The number of fellow commuters and residents that came to see if I was ok. Does make you realise that the world isn't all bad.

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
LTIH: Riding to work today only got 5min in and suffered an attack of vertigo, never had one before, what a bizarre feeling. Rang the missus and she came and picked me up so I'm WFH today.
LTIL: The number of fellow commuters and residents that came to see if I was ok. Does make you realise that the world isn't all bad.
Was this you?
1686614306252.png