Little Things You Hate

mtb1611

Seymour
While on the topic of female journos Id like to nominate Nikki Gemmell. Her smarmy homespun homilies, dressed up as 'amazing insights' keep my riled up for most of the weekend. Its like picking a scab, i keep reading it, knowing that its just going to cause me pain.
Surprises me not. A former colleague was top dog at a school in Northern Sydney a couple of years back. One afternoon a child suffered a fatal asthma attack. Said colleague described the tactics employed by journos in an effort to gain access to the school site, staff, parents etc were sickening and that she has nothing but contempt for them.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I meant to post in the other one. So, bureaucracy and my many interactions with it.

Last edited:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
Geez Norco - i've got nothing to complain about - you're definitely on the business end of the pineapple this year. hope the next surgery comes with holy light and you are back on 2 wheels and at work ASAP.
thanks slowmick, i'm going in this Friday. been riding oldschool fun rides, daily (short) commute and racing at club level but not State Series this year still. racing State Titles in February tho, will be dependent on the healing.

i'll gladly hand the pineapple on to the next contender now :second:

stirk

Burner
Seagulls that swoop down and grab a beak full of your hot chips not 2 meters out the door of maccas!

In its excitement of stealing my chips it shat itself which also landed on me, the bastard!!

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
Seagulls that swoop down and grab a beak full of your hot chips not 2 meters out the door of maccas!

In its excitement of stealing my chips it shat itself which also landed on me, the bastard!!
That wasn't excitement, that was calculated.

stirk

Burner
Bought a high pressure floor pump specifically for the forks and shock and find the pump head is too large to fit into the fork and onto the valve so now I need to buy a valve extension.

Didn't consider this when buying a floor pump.

mitchy_

Llama calmer
Bought a high pressure floor pump specifically for the forks and shock and find the pump head is too large to fit into the fork and onto the valve so now I need to buy a valve extension.

Didn't consider this when buying a floor pump.
what pump? i didn't think there was floor pumps for air springs... there are high pressure pumps for road tyres, but they wont go up to the 250/300psi required for some shocks...

stirk

Burner
what pump? i didn't think there was floor pumps for air springs... there are high pressure pumps for road tyres, but they wont go up to the 250/300psi required for some shocks...
My bad its not for shock just the fork rated to 160psi, I don't want to mess with the pressure in the shock probably blow my fingers off!

mitchy_

Llama calmer
My bad its not for shock just the fork rated to 160psi, I don't want to mess with the pressure in the shock probably blow my fingers off!
proper air spring pumps thread onto the schrader adaptor, your fingers will stay put.

on a side note, i have an unneeded bontrager shock pump laying around you can have cheap...

Bjorn

Likes Dirt
I may be wrong, but I don't think you would be able to set an accurate pressure in the low volume, high pressure air chamber of a fork, with a track pump.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I may be wrong, but I don't think you would be able to set an accurate pressure in the low volume, high pressure air chamber of a fork, with a track pump.
Which reminds me.......LTIH being caught on the trail without a track pump, a flat and only the shock pump. Fuck taking 15 minutes to inflate a 2.2" tyre to 25psi :frusty:

Minlak

custom titis
Which reminds me.......LTIH being caught on the trail without a track pump, a flat and only the shock pump. Fuck taking 15 minutes to inflate a 2.2" tyre to 25psi :frusty:
Wtf why would you have a shock pump on the trail with you ? :rofl:

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I always have the shock pump with me on trail. Air in for the am circuit. Air out for the fr trails. Air in for the dirt jumps. Help random moron that has no idea. All in a days riding...

Knuckles i feel your pain. The shock pump tyre inflation is shit. But better than walking and easier than mouth inflation...

I can get 100psi in my air horn with a floor pump. Works a treat. Wouldn't want to do forks with it, but have when desperate. Anyone ever tried the auto pumps at a servo?