Little Things You Hate

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
Having to take notes from ~100 pages of journal articles because the lecturer decided not to post notes online. waaaaah.
Having to do the same thing with Genetics Biology Journals from the 1930's because the assignment you are doing is based on a technique so old it has been superseded and is no longer even in text books. Genetics was basically witch craft back then...

+1 to the really slow to accelerate drivers thing. I don't expect them to accelerate to full speed in a ball tearing hurry, but in al reality, if you just got burned from the line by a loaded cement truck, get out of the outside lane.

lawno

Likes Bikes
Having to do the same thing for nursing, Exept this has pictures of dissections and horrible skin diseases... I'm in a coffee shop an people are staring.

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Installing forks - Why cannot manufacturers put a small marking on the back of the steerer tube such that it can be lined up with a stem EASILY?

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Throwing money at your bike and it still not wanting to play nice, ie ride with functionality.

S.

ex offender
Trying to stay motivated to write Grad job applications while you are receiving rejection emails...
Find someone who works in HR and get them to look at your resume/cover letters and suggest improvements. I did - next job I applied for, I got called back for within a week, and was employed a month later.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Being Robbed.

Someone broke into our garage last night, smashed a window on my car ($362 BTW) and took a pouch of tools, expensive torches and knives that I keep for emergencies.

Just went down then and had a better look round once the police fingerprint guy had been and realised that the mavic wheels off my SX Trail that were sitting at the back are gone too.

Guess I should count myself lucky that 4 bikes (one not locked up) are still there as are all my power tools which were locked in a work box and chained to the wall.

Time for new locks now I guess.

taquar

Likes Dirt
Being Robbed.
Oh ouch... It always shits me that there are people who actually consider doing shit like that... I mean shit, get a fucking life, go get a job or something you disgraceful pricks...

OT: Rain, I'm over it. I used to love it, but right now, not so much. Hasn't Queensland had enough of it by now? I mean fuck... What's next? A tsunami? FUCK OFF WEATHER! I WANT TO RIDE AND YOU AREN'T LETTING ME!!!

/rant

dcrofty

Eats Squid
Oh ouch... It always shits me that there are people who actually consider doing shit like that... I mean shit, get a fucking life, go get a job or something you disgraceful pricks...
Yeah I feel pretty angry today too, especially thinking that there are some nice knives and torches out there somewhere that some cunt will treasure for a long time too.

Guess it could be worse, they could have got my bikes. Just saw a neighbour who lost a trailbike too so as the old saying goes there's always someone out there worse than you. Sounds like someone did the whole street.

Anyway, the cops have been great and the real estate and landlord have already send a locksmith who put extra locks on the garage so that's a plus and I just noticed that whoever broke in has inexplicably left a plastic bottle of a cleaning product behind so that will be going to the fingerprint guys and I'll be praying they get something off it.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
that just plain sucks, mate. hopefully the coppers can get prints and catch the scum.

i hate thieves. still waiting to find out who stole my ute a few weeks back, even tho i got it back i still want to kick his thieving @rse.

taquar

Likes Dirt
People who are rude on the trails... I don't care if you are on a $6000 carbon fibre bike with all the bits. I said fucking hi, don't just look at me, then my bike, then back at me with a look of disgust and ride off. It's fucking rude. Yes dude on the CF Specialized (I think), you're a rude prick. Seriously, if anyone says he might have been "in the zone" or whatever, he just got off his bike to walk over a damn barrier. How out of the zone can you get?

Also, pinch flats + the fact that i have no money to buy a new tube before Tuesday... :(

The god damned virus/malware thing that has taken me the whole day to finally get rid of. Seriously, who the hell wakes up and decides that they're going to make a virus and put it up for the whole world to suffer?

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The third person from my graduating class about to pass away because of yet another car accident... makes me really angry/upset/confused.

Norco Maniac

Is back!
hey, hach_bee. hearing you.

tonight's pet hate is not being able to say the things i'd like to, to the person who i would like to think needs to hear them. sometimes, we have to let the people we care for make their own mistakes, no matter how much we'd love to give them the benefit of our own experience.

Last edited:

taquar

Likes Dirt
My girlfriends housemate. I never thought someone could be as much of a spoilt self-absorbed 'person' as she is... Dear god...

Last edited:

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
My girlfriends housemate. I never thought someone could be as much of a spoilt self-absorbed 'person' as she is... Dear god...
Hearing you bro, except she's now my ex-girlfriend. The housemate didn't like me, wouldn't let me in the house and my girl wouldn't stand up to her about it. I got sick of sitting outside on the front steps because she wasn't prepared to have a hard conversation about me with her "best friend".

Try and stay on her good side at least, and save yourself a shitload of hassle.

fairy1

Banned
Having to sell $4000 in shares at a $1600 loss because I am an injury prone jobless bum.

Centrelink for taking a month to tell me they won't give me Newstart, now they have all my info and I get no money, bastards.

People telling me to see a doctor when I know they aren't goin to tell me anything useful.

kjf

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When threads get locked because it was supposedly blatant advertising for a certain website when it was merely a discussion about the products/authenticity/previous experiences.