Little Things You Hate

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When my privacy and the use my personal possessions is completely disregarded by my mates I live with.

Basically, the common tv is about to shit itself so I've bought a TV for my room so the Mrs and I can watch what we want when we want. In doing so I've also taken my very own PS3 from the second television to act as a DVD player, media server and to play the odd game on. This shouldn't be a problem right?

Wrong. Just recently I came home to find the boys on my bed playing the PS3 with no consent from me. I blatantly told them to gtfo and let them know quite clearly that they're not to be in my room AT ALL. Second time comes, they've removed the PS3 from my room to the common room and continued to play it. I told them to fuck off and put it back.

Since then I've had them repeatedly asking me if they can play PS3 in my room or take the PS3 from there and to hook it up to a TV in the lounge room. My common answer's are 'O.K. if you buy me another PS3', 'Buy your own' or quite simply 'Fuck off!'.

It still really annoys me because they are pretty persistent on asking if they can use it and make out as if I'm the selfish arsehole. It's quite frustrating because not only is it an invasion of my privacy but of the Mrs.

Josh Seksy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When my privacy and the use my personal possessions is completely disregarded by my mates I live with.

Basically, the common tv is about to shit itself so I've bought a TV for my room so the Mrs and I can watch what we want when we want. In doing so I've also taken my very own PS3 from the second television to act as a DVD player, media server and to play the odd game on. This shouldn't be a problem right?

Wrong. Just recently I came home to find the boys on my bed playing the PS3 with no consent from me. I blatantly told them to gtfo and let them know quite clearly that they're not to be in my room AT ALL. Second time comes, they've removed the PS3 from my room to the common room and continued to play it. I told them to fuck off and put it back.

Since then I've had them repeatedly asking me if they can play PS3 in my room or take the PS3 from there and to hook it up to a TV in the lounge room. My common answer's are 'O.K. if you buy me another PS3', 'Buy your own' or quite simply 'Fuck off!'.

It still really annoys me because they are pretty persistent on asking if they can use it and make out as if I'm the selfish arsehole. It's quite frustrating because not only is it an invasion of my privacy but of the Mrs.
Buy a safe, chain it to the bed/bookcase/desk. Drill holes in the back for the cableing and hey presto, the safest PS3 ever!

harmonix1234

Eats Squid

Assholes. No respect. I would not tolerate that.

Reminds me.

I once arrived home after a long day at work to find one of my 'mates' had broken into my house, let himself into my bedroom, chopped up my garden hose and made a bong, proceeded to get stoned in my bedroom, spill the bong, brake the zip on my locked guitar bag, get out my guitar and plug it into my amp and 'have a jam'.

And you know what he said when I walked in "Hey dude, you shouldn't be home yet".

Turns out it wasn't the first time!
He hocked his guitar for pot and so my guitar became his only access to play, only I didn't know it because i was at work during the day.

He wasn't my friend after that.
Oh how bright the flames a' burn, when you burn a bridge.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah I guess it goes with the territory.

What annoys me most is that I live with three brothers who believe that things are meant to be shared communally and that they expect me to be like that. They wouldn't see it as unreasonable to sit in my room and play it while I'm not using it. Umm...hang on.

It also doesn't help that I earn a lot more than them and thus have a lot nicer things. And the things they DO have are always fucked because they don't actually care for them in the first place.

It also puts my relationship with my Mrs under the spotlight as she comes over a bit and I see it as her space also; which is the main reason I don't want them to be invading it in the first place.

That sucks big time Harmonix. I'd be furious.

Last edited:

Robb

Likes Dirt
Find someone who works in HR and get them to look at your resume/cover letters and suggest improvements. I did - next job I applied for, I got called back for within a week, and was employed a month later.
Yeah, tell me about it... Doesn't help I'm applying for big 4 accounting firms/investment banks.
I spoke with the HR manager at Ernst & Young quite a bit at information evenings etc, only to get a phone call today from her telling me I was too qualified for a grad position so she wouldn't consider me (6 years in the public service, 2 within an accounting role) even though I was applying for consulting jobs.

taquar

Likes Dirt
The zebra crossing on Queen St outside post office square :mad:
Oh my fucking god yes... I don't know if you're talking from a drivers position or a pedestrians, but as a delivery driver, it burns me the fuck out when so many dickheads don't look when crossing. I am aware that they have right of way, but I mean jesus, it's not that fucking hard to wait 10 seconds for me to drive through and continue on your way, after it's OBVIOUS that I've been there for about 2 minutes waiting for everyone to get across... I'd wait for you, how about you return the damn favour? Not just fucking staring at me as you clearly have no intention of stopping...

OT, the homeless guy in the city with the DH bike... I have a feeling that ones stolen, he's usually just next to McArthur Central. Anyone seen him?

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The bread I always buy has an uneven number of slices! How am I meant to make sandwiches now?!

:mad::mad:

The soaring price of diesel. It used to be regularly cheaper than ULP.
Surely it should still be cheaper? I mean, it's a by-product of petrol production...

I think it's $0.80/l cheaper over here? Not that I pay much attention though.

Last edited:

kjf

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The zebra crossing on Queen St outside post office square :mad:
I wholeheartedly agree.
I hate it as a pedestrian AND a driver.

You want to cross, so many people are crossing so cars get angry and keep driving almost hitting people.

You want to drive forwards but people just keep walking across and you have to almost hit someone to get through the bloody thing.

It's a lose/lose situation, and it's 20 bloody meters from a fucking set of lights w/ crossing!!

dcrofty

Eats Squid
This impending royal wedding.

Now Will seems like an OK bloke given the situation he's been born into and Kate seems Nice enough as well and yeah I can see its a big thing for some people but really the media is starting to work itself into a frenzy and even outlets that I wouldn't have picked are going mad for it. I was watching the news today and seeing all this stuff about what's going on and I figured that since everyone's in a lather about it and its blanket coverage then perhaps the wedding might be this weekend. But no, they casually then mention that the nuptials themselves aren't for another 17 days and its going to get worse. I think I might have to hide under a rock for three weeks.

kjf

Likes Bikes and Dirt
*Que countless pen pushers walking across, too busy on the phone to let any cars through let alone look at where they are walking* :mad:
If I'm on the other side of the road and I see a lot of cars, I'll walk to the next set of lights and cross...or just make a mad dash. I know how annoying it is for a driver there. They should install a set of lights (and holy shit not a set of lights that is green for the cars for 5seconds and the crossers get 5 minutes).

seventyseven

percent of Australians blame the bike for their cr

+1 for this guy. people who expect something for nothing :mad:

harmonix1234

Eats Squid
Trying to do a manual through a huge puddle and sinking down bottom bracket deep and falling over sideways into the quagmire at the start of a ride. Skills.

Also, zooming along through the bush and hitting a pile of sticks and wincing as they all fly up and clang against your frame and spokes.

Last edited:

Norco Maniac

Is back!
it's been said over and over...scooter kids. driving past the PCYC skate park tonight after dark, the scooter kid (dressed in all black) who decided to dash across the road in front of me nearly became a Morris Minor hood ornament. :mad:

where are their fricking parents??!!