Little Things You Hate

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Crushing ones finger under a drill press vice and the drill press stand because some fuckwit left the work surface loose and when I tried to lift it the vice slid off and left my finger in a very precarious position.

Final week of the semester. 4 assessments, 100pages of reports, 2 models, 1 video, 2 presentations

LTYL - that glimmer of light that is the holidays at the end of this god forsaken week.

A billionty one half done personal design projects. Trying to chase up money.

NH_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Crushing ones finger under a drill press vice and the drill press stand because some fuckwit left the work surface loose and when I tried to lift it the vice slid off and left my finger in a very precarious position.
Dont blame someone else because you didnt check, the moment you rely on other people to do things safely in a manufacturing environment your in some serious danger.

0psi

Eats Squid
Shaking protein shake and having the little sippy cap bit come off the shaker, guess my shoes needed a wash anyway.

fairy1

Banned
Fuckheads who accept your friend request on Facebook only to remove you later down the track. I seriously don't see the point, especially when there is no obvious reason for them to do so. It's a waste of time for both parties. Either deny the request off the bat or simply keep them as friends. I really want to slap these people :mad:
If it keeps happening it may be because you post nothing but complete crap and people don't want anything to do with you. I'm down to 50 supposed friends, I deleted anyone that wasn't a bike rider or an alcohoilc now all the updates are funny and there is virtually no more on line domestics.

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
Dont blame someone else because you didnt check, the moment you rely on other people to do things safely in a manufacturing environment your in some serious danger.
To clarify, and again to shift the blame back away from me, the table would have at one point or another, been moved and changed to it's alternate position. To do this one must unlock the table, twist it, lock it back up. The table was moved back to it's original position, after, unlocking, twist back... and the very last step happened to be missed. I'm not going to say that i shouldn't of checked, but let me rephrase my LTYH statement. I hate the lazy fuck who managed to shift the table, lock it, shift back and not lock it causing me to make the very simple assumption that the table was locked.

fleebag

Likes Bikes
To clarify, and again to shift the blame back away from me, the table would have at one point or another, been moved and changed to it's alternate position. To do this one must unlock the table, twist it, lock it back up. The table was moved back to it's original position, after, unlocking, twist back... and the very last step happened to be missed. I'm not going to say that i shouldn't of checked, but let me rephrase my LTYH statement. I hate the lazy fuck who managed to shift the table, lock it, shift back and not lock it causing me to make the very simple assumption that the table was locked.
your fingers, your choice.

When you loose them it won't help to say not my fault. They will be gone......

CHECK EVERY TIME

0psi

Eats Squid
If it keeps happening it may be because you post nothing but complete crap and people don't want anything to do with you. I'm down to 50 supposed friends, I deleted anyone that wasn't a bike rider or an alcohoilc now all the updates are funny and there is virtually no more on line domestics.
Ditto, I tend to hover around the 30-40 friends mark and all of my facebook friends are people I'm in regular contact with.

I regularly add people only to unfriend them a couple of months later. Main reasons for this are because I get in touch with old friends and find they've turned into ambitionless alcoholics that do nothing but talk shite and I just don't have time for that.

floody

Wheel size expert
So apparently according to the other driver's version of events, his insurance company deems him not to be at fault FOR REVERSING INTO THE SIDE OF MY STATIONARY CAR TO THE TUNE OF $5K DAMAGE.

WHAT THE FAAAAAAAAAAARK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More than a little pissed off now.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
Ditto, I tend to hover around the 30-40 friends mark and all of my facebook friends are people I'm in regular contact with.

I regularly add people only to unfriend them a couple of months later. Main reasons for this are because I get in touch with old friends and find they've turned into ambitionless alcoholics that do nothing but talk shite and I just don't have time for that.
I would have up around 300 friends. Mostly people I rarely contact and haven't seen in years. But every now and then, it is really nice to say hi and see what they are up to. Old friends, people I travelled with, people I met overseas, that kind of thing. Facebook makes a really easy way to stay in contact. Even without actually talking to them you can have a fair idea of what they are up to. Also makes organising mass events easy. There are about 15 guys I only paintball with-nothing else, and I only paintball 2 or 3 times a year. Facebook is an easy way to organise it. That said, anybody who spams crap is gone.

Matt H

Eats Squid
I have around 300 friends, but the wierd thing is how much my friends list seems to vary from day to day. It will occasionally go up without me even adding/accepting anyone. It's really strange, is it people reactivating dead accounts or something?

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So apparently according to the other driver's version of events, his insurance company deems him not to be at fault FOR REVERSING INTO THE SIDE OF MY STATIONARY CAR TO THE TUNE OF $5K DAMAGE.

Sux man, exact thing happened to me too.
You can sue, but it can be an expensive waste of time.
If you are an NRMA/RACV etc member there used to be a legal aid service as a part of that deal. They did a free threatening lawyer letter for me. Didn't work for me but maybe worth a shot. Particularly if you have witnesses, I didn't.

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
Surely suing would be <5k?
If you represent yourself against an insurance agency, you will get eaten alive. So budget 5k for a lawyer and you will maybe break even. That is some major BS though.

We've spent $2400 on our family cars in the last year in insurance excess. twice they have been hit in car parks in our absence and the driver drove off. And twice they've been keyed. Four lots of insurance excess and not once our fault. The keyings did 5 panels on each car, each which needed replacing cause they scored the metal. And the first carpark hit was so hard it prevented our boot closing. Luckily mine wasn't hit or keyed cause that would have been a bitch to repair.

seventyseven

percent of Australians blame the bike for their cr

same thing happened to my dad. it was pretty clear that the insurance companies came to a quiet agreement that they would each cover their drivers cars and both take the excess.

google "tasmanian traffic rules". dad did this, found the right rule & got into them, and they all of a sudden changed their mind.

then funnily enough the other guys insurance company wasn't too happy about it & decided to get legal and we got a call saying that AAMI, whilst paying out for our repairs straight away were going to fight it - and that they'll fight anything just on principle, even down to $50 worth and that dad might need to fill out a stat dec.

of course, ignore all this if your insurance company deem him to be at fault & are going to fight it already.

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Was it overdrawn, or was it a declined direct debit? I got burnt once with a ~$30 charge because a scheduled DD was put through on my account, and it couldn't be met. As a result, I ended up overdrawn because of the penalty charge, not the actual DD.

AFAIK, the charge wasn't so much about the account being potentially overdrawn, but more because of the fact that it was a scheduled debit.
Overdrawn because of a scheduled DD. Charge went through + the penalty. Might just give them the $30, pretty happy with everything else and don't really have the time.

indica

Serial flasher
Overdrawn because of a scheduled DD. Charge went through + the penalty. Might just give them the $30, pretty happy with everything else and don't really have the time.
That is shit.
Complain, I have and had it reversed.
If it didn't bounce it costs them nothing.

Gluey_trails

Likes Dirt
The very last assignment of the year being the worst possible subject. Who the fuck sets an assignment where it is writing "blogs". Stupid ass core subject with misleading title.