Little Things You Hate

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Myki…
Way to go to alienate visitors Melbourne. I needed to use public transport and I couldn't find anywhere close enough that sold Myki's at 4pm on a Saturday, without needing to use public transport to get there to buy one first! Ever heard of tickets, you can buy them 24/7, with cash!
Somebody, somewhere, is getting very rich out of making things as hard as possible for casual users of public transport.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Myki…
Way to go to alienate visitors Melbourne. I needed to use public transport and I couldn't find anywhere close enough that sold Myki's at 4pm on a Saturday, without needing to use public transport to get there to buy one first! Ever heard of tickets, you can buy them 24/7, with cash!
At a cost of $1.5Bn the Myki system is the glittering jewel in Victoria's crown :rolleyes:

The f***ing arseclowns responsible for the whole debacle need to be lined up against a wall and shot and their corpses dragged through the streets behind a tram.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Why couldn't they just do something similar to Brisbane's go card thing? I guess Melbourne is a bigger city, but then they could just add more zones maybe?

You land at Brisbane airport and catch the airtrain (private company) but you can buy your ticket there or use a go card. Tap off at the station you get off at (usually central) where you can buy a gocard (you might even be able to get one at the airport). Then you can jump on any bus, ferry or train that you like. I can even use the system drunk.

What is making Myki so bad?

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Why couldn't they just do something similar to Brisbane's go card thing? I guess Melbourne is a bigger city, but then they could just add more zones maybe?

You land at Brisbane airport and catch the airtrain (private company) but you can buy your ticket there or use a go card. Tap off at the station you get off at (usually central) where you can buy a gocard (you might even be able to get one at the airport). Then you can jump on any bus, ferry or train that you like. I can even use the system drunk.

What is making Myki so bad?
http://theshovel.com.au/2012/05/27/al-qaeda-claims-responsibility-for-myki/

moorey

call me Mia
The scum sucking, bottom feeding, arse licking, dick eater who stole my helmet today. Eat shit, it was so old it's dangerous probably, and so stinky I'll track you down a mile away. :mmph:
Rode 30km home helmetless.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Hey Moorey, sorry to see your boy in pain but you can lift his spirits by telling him he has two things in common with Mr Dozer:

We are both wearing the same arm brace and both have broken left collar bones! Yay!
I broke mine in two spots on Sunday. I caught a vine mid air and got pulled down hard. I'm hanging until the second set of x rays next week before I know if it's surgery or simple healing. It isn't hard to understand for those who've done it but for those who haven't.......don't do it! I'm so helpless but luckily for me I have an amazing wife who is just being her and following me around helping me. She's incredible.
All the best to your little man mate, keep him smiling.

Last edited:

geoff_tewierik

Likes Dirt
More food for thought, in fact I can't decide whether this is a ltih or not... in fact not sure how i feel about it at all!

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/bike-helmet-laws-will-change-to-allow-religious-exemptions-20130423-2ibaq.html
I think it's the first step towards the law being repealed and letting adults make conscious decisions about how they protect themselves without being beholden to the laws of a nanny state.

FWIW don't give two shits about this being based on a religious exemption. There's more than enough religious exemptions in law already. Tax free status anyone?

moorey

call me Mia
Hey Moorey, sorry to see your boy in pain but you can lift his spirits by telling him he has two things in common with Mr Dozer:

We are both wearing the same arm brace and both have broken left collar bones! Yay!
I broke mine in two spots on Sunday. I caught a vine mid air and got pulled down hard. I'm hanging until the second set of x rays next week before I know if it's surgery or simple healing. It isn't hard to understand for those who've done it but for those who haven't.......don't do it! I'm so helpless but luckily for me I have an amazing wife who is just being her and following me around helping me. She's incredible.
All the best to your little man mate, keep him smiling.
Cheers mate. He's always been fascinated by the giant jagged lump that is the result my my break many years ago. Rite of passage, just wish secretly he had done it sneaking off to hit my road gap.....which I know he's contemplated, lol.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think it's the first step towards the law being repealed and letting adults make conscious decisions about how they protect themselves without being beholden to the laws of a nanny state.

FWIW don't give two shits about this being based on a religious exemption. There's more than enough religious exemptions in law already. Tax free status anyone?
I didn't even think about repealing the law. Part of me was kinda happy that consideration is given to all circumstances then thinking I guess it's not ALL circumstances... kinda awaiting the new turban friendly helmet designs to start popping up for giggles ;)

Moorey I'm with you, strictly helmets whenever I ride, I doubt a turban (is that the right word? not trying to be racist!) would provide the same level of protection...

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Practical Magic in general, Blyth Danner specifically and the wife sitting on the remote so I can't turn this shite off.