Little Things You Hate

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
well, I think electrical in the engine bay and thus ignited right hand carbi and filter (weber IDF 40 double barrels) and "P O O F" game over.
:faint:
Oh shit. So we are talking about actual fire here, not just something fragging. Is anything in the enginerecoverable? How is the rest of the car?

binner

Hath shat hymself
something smells like plastic burning

Oh shit. So we are talking about actual fire here, not just something fragging. Is anything in the enginerecoverable? How is the rest of the car?
Hah, why fragg when you can burn up half of your engine!!! :clap2: I did all my sobbing last nite so today is gotta laugh day. It's being assessed on Monday so hope it isn't a new build. I doubt it will be more like rebuild of manifold, new carb, filter, wiring and some hoses,fuel pressure meter,tinware, seals, jets arghhhhhhhh and all that. It did smudge/bubble some of the paint too gahhhhhhhhhhhh

I miss my ute

Last edited:

wespelarno

Likes Dirt
Hah, why fragg when you can burn up half of your engine!!! :clap2: I did all my sobbing last nite so today is gotta laugh day. It's being assessed on Monday so hope it isn't a new build. I doubt it will be more like rebuild of manifold, new carb, filter, wiring and some hoses,fuel pressure meter,tinware, seals, jets arghhhhhhhh and all that. It did smudge/bubble some of the paint too gahhhhhhhhhhhh

I miss my ute
Damn. That isn't too bad atleast. Good you can laugh about it.

And to think I was just about to post my frustration at a holley carburrettor feed line not fitting the holley carb it was designed for...and holley's response was "it needs to be bent a bit to fit, it is designed that way".

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Most cars have a second fusebox under the dash, have you had a stickybeak in there?

Failing all that, join a Nissan forum. ;)
Thanks for the post, I was only looking at the fusebox under the dash. All the interior lights (including the ones at the bottom of the door when it's opened) are working, so would that rule out the room fuse?

I joined Maximasdownunder and their FB group - but no responses, I think that site is just about dead.
Is there any others I should try? The American Maximas all look quite different.

SprocketFury

Likes Bikes
Thanks for the post, I was only looking at the fusebox under the dash. All the interior lights (including the ones at the bottom of the door when it's opened) are working, so would that rule out the room fuse?

I joined Maximasdownunder and their FB group - but no responses, I think that site is just about dead.
Is there any others I should try? The American Maximas all look quite different.
Dunno man, I don't know anything specific about Nissans as I'm in a Mazda/Subaru dealership. If there's no "room" label on either fuseboxes in the engine bay or dash then it probably doesn't have a room fuse. :p As far as Nissan forums go, same answer, try looking for a Nissan group on Facebook or asking on the Nissan Australia page.
Have you checked the connections to the headunit?
Last ditch, ask a local dealership if they know anything, the worst they can say is no.

Xavo.au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the help Sprocket. It's booked in for a service and safety certificate in half an hour, so I'll ask them when I'm there as well.

Cheers

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Go to one of those phone accessory kiosks to get a screen protector thingy for my phone.
"can I help you? "
"Screen protector please"
"no problems, $15 thanks"
"okay...... Wait....... What? "
" 15 bucks. "
" I think you misheard me, I want a screen protector, not a full set of original magnesium rims for a Ferrari 250GTB!"
"yeah 15 dollars mate"
"yeah right"

WTF retail industry, ever heard of the intermanet?

2 minutes & $8 later, 1xhard case and 5x screen protectors.
And they have the gall to bitch about us buying online.

*end :rant:*

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
Go to one of those phone accessory kiosks to get a screen protector thingy for my phone.
"can I help you? "
"Screen protector please"
"no problems, $15 thanks"
"okay...... Wait....... What? "
" 15 bucks. "
" I think you misheard me, I want a screen protector, not a full set of original magnesium rims for a Ferrari 250GTB!"
"yeah 15 dollars mate"
"yeah right"

WTF retail industry, ever heard of the intermanet?

2 minutes & $8 later, 1xhard case and 5x screen protectors.
And they have the gall to bitch about us buying online.

*end :rant:*

Another idiot with no knowledge of margins, markup, cost prices and needing to sell items at sufficient profit to keep a shop running who will have a whinge about high prices and then whinge when a shop doesn't stock an item.

Yes, everybody who runs or owns a store of any kind is going to bitch about you buying online because no, we can't price match, we don't care how cheap you can get it online, if our cost price is more than you can get it on the interwebs we cannot be competitive. Simple as that.

Good on you for saving $7. Hero.

Capone

Likes Dirt
Another idiot with no knowledge of margins, markup, cost prices and needing to sell items at sufficient profit to keep a shop running who will have a whinge about high prices and then whinge when a shop doesn't stock an item.

Yes, everybody who runs or owns a store of any kind is going to bitch about you buying online because no, we can't price match, we don't care how cheap you can get it online, if our cost price is more than you can get it on the interwebs we cannot be competitive. Simple as that.

You mean a consumer who bases their buying decision on price.

Your crap comment is what's wrong with our retail sector. You are here for my benefit not the other way around remember that next time you have a crack at a potential customer

Pastavore

Eats Squid

Wow.

Winner of stupidest post of the day award.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge

Another retailer knob, who can't count! Maybe that's why you can't turn a profit. 4x15 is 60+7 is 67+20 (for a case, which has was nothing like what I wanted) is $87 saved on a $15 item. Now tell me again about margins and profiteering......um, profit. Would have happily paid the $8 for a single item. Perhaps if they didn't pay, let's say, $1 a unit, from the same supplier in bulk orders then another $2 a unit for their ridiculous branded packaging (it's a 0.05g flap of acetate in a 100g box) they could sell it a 500% mark up at $5 rather than 500% markup on the product and excess environment destroying crap they package it in. It is a consumable, lasts about 2 months maximum in the job I do. If you think I should pay 15 times the wholesale price for what is essentially a tear-off for a phone then maybe you don't understand how to run a business.

Capone

Likes Dirt
Another retailer knob, who can't count! Maybe that's why you can't turn a profit. 4x15 is 60+7 is 67+20 (for a case, which has was nothing like what I wanted) is $87 saved on a $15 item. Now tell me again about margins and profiteering......um, profit. Would have happily paid the $8 for a single item. Perhaps if they didn't pay, let's say, $1 a unit, from the same supplier in bulk orders then another $2 a unit for their ridiculous branded packaging (it's a 0.05g flap of acetate in a 100g box) they could sell it a 500% mark up at $5 rather than 500% markup on the product and excess environment destroying crap they package it in. It is a consumable, lasts about 2 months maximum in the job I do. If you think I should pay 15 times the wholesale price for what is essentially a tear-off for a phone then maybe you don't understand how to run a business.

Well said, retail in this country is dying. Sadly it isn't hard to see why