Little Things You Hate

0psi

Eats Squid
Haha, you'd think the telemarketer would detect the sarcasm in that answer.
On the whole they ain't too bright. I used to just tell them to f**& off but I've taken to messing with them now.

Last one was asking if I wanted to go to a property investment seminar. I listened to most of her spiel and at the end replied, "Just one question, what's property?" She explains and I respond, "Ahh, yeah that sounds good. . . Uuummm, what's investment?"

This continues for a good 10 minutes before she hangs up on me.

My other current favourites are just saying yes to everything they say and after they introduce themselves reply with, "Aahh, f**k. You mean I stopped masturbating for this?"

SprocketFury

Likes Bikes
My cousin got a call from marketers, asked if he was the owner of the house replied 'nah, I'm just here robbing the place' not too long after the old bill rocked up and gave him a bit of what for.
When I worked in food/beverage service, I used to get phone calls at work all the time that started with "hi, are you guys open?" and I wanted to use that response SO badly! Another one was
Me: good evening, (establishment name), this is Sprocket, how may I help you?
Caller: hey, is this (establishment name)?
No. I just answer the phone like this for shits and giggles! You've actually reached a taxidermist and I'm busy slicing & dicing a dead chihuahua here, the fuck do you want?

Subject of dumb kid names because I was busy at tafe all week,
First name: Levi
Middle name: Tate
Yes it's real, the parents are from Churchill, Vic.

callum1

Likes Dirt
On the whole they ain't too bright. I used to just tell them to f**& off but I've taken to messing with them now.

Last one was asking if I wanted to go to a property investment seminar. I listened to most of her spiel and at the end replied, "Just one question, what's property?" She explains and I respond, "Ahh, yeah that sounds good. . . Uuummm, what's investment?"

My other current favourites are just saying yes to everything they say and after they introduce themselves reply with, "Aahh, f**k. You mean I stopped masturbating for this?"
i love this sort of thing. i had a lady trying to sell me life insurance. i said i didn't need it cause i was never going to die.
she laughed and said unfortunately its inevitable and i should be prepared.
i said 'you don't know me, or what im capable of'

wombat

Lives in a hole
LTIH: Steel mesh stuff on trails. I know it helps protect erosion prone areas and stuff but man, landing on that shit hurts!

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
LTIH: Steel mesh stuff on trails. I know it helps protect erosion prone areas and stuff but man, landing on that shit hurts!
Its like a cheesegrater. I once went all the way through the plastic on a set of knee pads on that shit.

Ltih, being a shitkicker again, and working with a cold. That is shit.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange

Phones at work have caller ID on the display, so when it rings & shows up as OVERSEAS we can cook something up. One is to ask them to hold, and put the phone next to the radio until they get sick of it (which can take a while sometimes!). Another one is to put on one of those nice polite computer voices that the phone companies use and say something like, "sorry, the number you have dialled is unavailable. Please try another number." :evil:

wombat

Lives in a hole
Its like a cheesegrater. I once went all the way through the plastic on a set of knee pads on that shit.
Yeah, ruined my plans for the rest of the weekend thats for sure. On the upside, the rugby, F1 and le tour make a fair fallback plan for tonight on the couch (except we've got company staying, and I can't actually use the couch...)

mars mtb

Likes Dirt
Wife takes the new car to Northland to pick something up only to find when she returns to the car about 30 minutes later that some shit has keyed the whole fucking right side from back quarter panel of the wagon through back door ending where the front door meets the front panel.

What possesses people to do shit like this?

Mega pissed off.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Bliss and Eso.

They're on Rage right now and the batteries in my remote are so weak that I have to physically smack the telly with it just to change the channel.

Anyways I'm couch bound and sadly all too aware of the fact that there's fuck all else on at the moment but for crying out loud I would eagerly watch 4hrs of Benny Hinn sermonizing about the virtues of clean-living, in blackface, speaking in a horrendously dodgy Caribbean accent than any more of this embarrassingly earnest advertisement for middle-class 'yoot' lifestyle choices.

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
Awesome. On this latest track they have half an orchestra playing along. That must mean they're properly serious musicians like The Hilltop Hoods.

I seriously don't know if they're just giving mates a job on the album or aiming for the Andre Rieu market.

nskz

Likes Dirt
Bliss and Eso.

They're on Rage right now and the batteries in my remote are so weak that I have to physically smack the telly with it just to change the channel.

Anyways I'm couch bound and sadly all too aware of the fact that there's fuck all else on at the moment but for crying out loud I would eagerly watch 4hrs of Benny Hinn sermonizing about the virtues of clean-living, in blackface, speaking in a horrendously dodgy Caribbean accent than any more of this embarrassingly earnest advertisement for middle-class 'yoot' lifestyle choices.
Haha Benny Hinn! I used to see that dude sometimes when I turned the tv on in a daze of a morning. I used to think to myself, who is this clown, looked up wiki one day, saw that he sent out via his mailing list a request for donations for the purchase of a Gulfstream G4 private jet...later buys said private jet. Church ballin' right there hahaha.

Asterope

Likes Dirt
LTIH - rain in july - or I am sure the weather has developed sentience and is extremely spiteful and bitchy towards me.

I like to try take a day away from uni once a week so that I can catch up on writing/reading papers etc. I enjoy starting these days with a good solid block of a few hours riding the trails near my house so I don't feel so bad about sitting on my arse writing/reading/staring at the computer all day.

The last two times I did this it was kinda cold, a little bit of drizzle. I still went out. meh.
insert three weeks of crazy, intense and soul destroying lab work where the weather was predominantly gorgeous, warm and sunny.
Add a weekend of pointless lab work while my partner takes my new bike out for a beautiful sunny winters day to make love to the trails.
insert two beautiful warm sunny days after said weekend - getting really excited to hit the trails mid week now that my cold is almost gone...

Wake up - its pissing down rain, its cold - did I mention its pissing down?

In just over a week im going to get a massive stack of data landing on my lap that I will take weeks to analyse. I bet its going to be sunny and beautiful for the entire time:mad2:

Fuck it - I should just put on my big girl panties and go have a miserable slippery cold wet ride and fall on some logs or something, in order to give this stupid weather the middle finger :violin:

Last edited:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I hate the massive influx of car stickers in my area lately:
itsahardlife
justify your existence - unit
Metal Mulisha
You fucking wankers. You make it so much easier for a passer by to instantly assume you're a massive tool by plastering your car with ridiculous stickers. You help that assumption along by being an even bigger menace on the road. Please just stay in Macca's car parks in your groups and away from other people.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Freak gust of wind collapsing the roof in on a temp structure.... and the following 4 hours to deal with the chaos putting us behind schedule!